“Amenities, staff, location all a PLUS!! WiFi a huge negative :(”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Amenities, staff, location all a PLUS!! WiFi a huge negative :(”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If the WiFi were fixed at this hotel it would be a REAL hidden gem. It has all of the makings of a GREAT place to stay. The large, comfortable, refurbished, updated, modern rooms are extremely comfortable. I love that they include a small fridge and microwave. The breakfast is decent too: waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, hard-boiled eggs. The indoor pool is great for families too. Their only negative is the majorly SLOW wifi. It's a real downer if you need to work from the hotel or you like to watch Netflix or stream movies when you're away on business as I often do.

Room Tip: The 5th floor was very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear iloveravens,

I want to first thank you for writing a review on our property. We love hearing about our guests' experiences. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We are aware of our wireless issue and are in the process of changing over companies to resolve this. Once again I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Amenia, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We normally stay in this area a couple times a year. Our favorites were booked so we thought we would give Red Roof a try. The staff, breakfast, and the room fell short of what we were accustomed to with other Hotels in the area.

Dear Flora H,

I appreciate you writing a review on our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I would love for you to give us another try the next time that you are in the area. Please call us directly and I would love to talk with you on how we can improve your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

very like our stay, will choose Red Roof again. comfortable spacious room, free coffee in the room, plenty choices of free breakfast, and I like its bath bar. The only complaint for me is, poor location for people like us looking for public transportation, but very good location for people having cars

Dear Andrea C,

Thank you for writing a review. We enjoy hearing about our guests' experiences. I am glad that you like our renovations that were completed last year! We do have the Anderson Station (bus station) that does go into Boston, MA. That is 0.9 miles down the street from us. Otherwise, taxi service is the other option. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Milton, Vermont
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We ALWAYS stay at the Red Roof Inn in Woburn and we have NEVER been disappointed. Allyse is a beautiful young lady and is so warm and friendly. I think she has ESP too. Meeka takes such good care of us for breakfast and Maryna is ALWAYS smiling and very helpful with checkin and suggestions while staying at the hotel. Yesterday we were met by Allyse and asked if we could possibly upgrade and she had JUST DONE IT 10 minutes before!!!!! We told her we will be back on June 14th with another couple and if at all possible could we have adjoining rooms with a larger space and also mentioned it will be our 40th Anniversary on June 15th. Not 10 minutes after getting to our room, Ally called us and said Mike (the manager at this hotel) has authorized an upgrade FOR FREE and we have adjoining rooms.This Hotel is like HOME. It is a 5 minute commute to the commuter rail and it has SEVERAL excellent places to eat, and is easy on and off the highway. Thanks Mike, Ally, Meeka, Maryna and Claudia too for making sure our room is ALWAYS ready no matter when we arrive.

Room Tip: I like the 1st floor but have stayed on all floors and all are wonderfully quiet.
Dear HockeyNanna,

I want to first thank you for writing a review. We love to hear about experiences like yours. I am glad to hear about how great the staff is. Everyone here is focused on providing amazing customer service. Allyse, Meeka, Mariya are all wonderful staff members and I am happy to be working with them. Congratulations on your 40th anniversary and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I reported to the front desk this morning that the heat pump in my room would not adjust via the thermostat and ran very hot all night until I turned it off. Within a matter of a couple of hours, the maintenance staff reported to my room, inspected the unit, and inquired if he could take time to replace it with a new one. I agreed. Ed Salvato was most efficient and professional and had the problem corrected in less than an hour. Being a former hotel manager and regional manager, I readily respected excellent service and technical ability. Thanks to Ed.

George W. Ball, CHA
Denver, CO

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George B
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear George B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that the AC unit was not working. I am glad that we were able to efficiently take care of and replace the AC unit for you. Ed is a valued employee and we appreciate him greatly. I will pass along your comments and let the staff know.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay.

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were so pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this Red Roof Inn. It far exceeded our expectations. The room was really large and clean, the beds very comfortable, and linens crisp and smooth. The TVs were new and Wifi worked well. The staff was friendly, and the location is right next to a strip mall with a grocery store and TJ Maxx. Our only complaint is the breakfast area which is cramped with very few tables, so you have to wait in line to get your continental breakfast - coffee is instant, which is not okay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Sue B,

Thanks for staying with us, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! I really appreciate all of the nice comments about the room, staff and location and glad you were pleasantly surprised upon arrival! We did complete a major renovation and have upgraded to Red Roof Plus+ which offers premium room types with welcome snacks, even larger TVs, and more. I hope next time you are able to try out a Premium Room and sign up for RediCard Rewards to earn points towards free stays, bottled water at check in, and other perks! I understand the breakfast area can get crowded, we are trying our best to make the most of what we have and recently added more counter space and shelves, an extra table, and doubled up on the food items so it can be grabbed from different areas so everyone isn't stuck in one spot. We do hope that if you return to the area you stay with us again.

Mike Ciulla, General Manager
Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Woburn
19 Commerce Way
Woburn, MA 01801
New England
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What I liked: The room was beautiful. The front desk person was friendly. Free breakfast. What I didn't like: The bed was a little too firm for me. A busy road was right outside my window and starting around 5:30 AM, cars and large trucks were driving by. Very loud. Woke me up which was unfortunate because someone checked in very late and walked back and forth in their room, opening and banging cabinets until about 3 AM. The hotel could use a little extra sound proofing. There was no shampoo in the room. You had to ask for it at the front desk. There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign for the door. The food area was a mess, food and trash on the floor and dirty cups and dishes on the table. Not enough tables and because of the dirty dishes, you couldn't tell if they were taken or not. I did see someone come and fill coffee pots, but in all the time I was there, they never cleaned tables and it was clear that they hadn't all morning. Breakfast was decent: hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, toast, waffles, juice, apples, oranges, yogurt, coffee. If you are a decaf drinker, brew it in your room because they only have instant in the breakfast area. Like I said in the title of my review, I really wanted to like this place. It was clear they put a lot of work into the building recently. I notice in previous reviews that some of the points I made have been made before. Hopefully, the hotel will catch on, make some more changes, and bring things up a notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the main road.
1 Thank blairbuys
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Blairbuys,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that the room was beautiful and that the staff was friendly. We did go through a recent renovation and made some upgrades. I am sorry to hear about the noise issues that you had experienced with us, we do our best to resolve any issues immediately upon notification. If at any time you bring any issue to the front desk, we will do our best to resolve them immediately. I apologize for your experience with breakfast, we are working on new ideas to improve it. Thank you again for leaving this review and I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will give us another try and see the improvements that we have made.