“the staff”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had to go to Boston for my girl friends granddaughter had to have open heart surgery. The room was very roomy, good bed, good lighting. The maid service was so so but the rest of the staff was great.Allyse went above and beyond her duty, she was very helpful with directions and recommendations for our other needs. I witnessed her take a lot of abuse from some of the people staying there. They could not speak English, and I am talking about 5 or 6 different languages. She kept her cool and never stopped smiling got them to calm down and solved the problem. Just being around her gave us a calm we needed. I consider her a major asset to your company. If we ever have to go back to Boston we will stay here just because of Allyse. Phillip Keister and Carol Keeney Roanoke Va.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Phillip & Carol,

Thank you so much for taking the time share such kind words about Allyse, we greatly appreciate her service and your recognition of it. I will be sure to share the comments with her and know she will appreciate them. I am glad you enjoyed your room and all rooms have been recently remodeled with flat screen TVs, wood like flooring with area rugs under the beds, Serta Rest Suite beds, spa inspired bathrooms, and more! I am sorry you felt the housekeeping was so-so, we do leave instruction on each bed describing the different types of services we provide and we strive to fight pollution by offering green services unless otherwise requested. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your experience with other, we hope to serve you again soon.

Mike Ciulla, General Manager
Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Woburn
19 Commerce Way
Woburn, MA 01801

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My 13 year old son had a school trip and stayed at this Inn. When he arrived home from his trip he told me that he had lost his phone while at the Inn. We all thought "well we better get a new one, you know that we will never see the phone again" WE WERE WRONG! A wonderful employee named Ed Salvato not only found the phone- He took the time to reset the phone (it was locked with a code) and called our home number to say that he had found the phone. Ed was so kind that he took the our address and mailed the phone back to us! No Reward Required! It is nice to know that there are still some Great people out in the world that can renew our faith in humanity! I would highly recommed this place. Mr. Ed Salvato thank you, thank you, thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lfonz
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Ifonz,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad to read about the assistance you received from Ed, I will definitely share the kind words with him and know he will greatly appreciate them. Our team works hard to make sure our guests feel welcome, and we want to insure that if you leave something behind we make it a priority in returning it. Thanks again and we do hope you see you again in the future.

Mike Ciulla, General Manager
Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Woburn
19 Commerce Way
Woburn, MA 01801

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel could be a lot better, needs improvement / more aggressive management. I've noticed the staff working on, and at, the hotel does a good job.

1. Location is so-so. If heading into Boston in the morning and back to hotel in the evening on route 93, expect about 40-50 mins traffic each way.
2. The WiFi exists, but not really, since you can hardly connect and when you do it drops constantly. So, if you require internet access, forget about this hotel.
3. Smokers on every floor. Have one on my floor now. The hotel management is nice, but too timid to confront smokers or provide an anti-smoke device for the hallway to place near the smoker's room. My room fills with smoke several times a day when the smoker lights-up. Management could also post notes in the elevator and on the suspected smoker's doors, reminding guests this is a NO Smoking hotel. They should also tell guests up-front that a high cleaning fee will be billed to their credit card if they smoke, but they seem too timid here to do something like that and offend smokers. At the very least, management could get the maids to tell which room the smoker is in.
4. No computer downstairs. I have my own laptop, but some in my group don't, and they really dislike not having access to a computer like we normally get at other hotels.
5. Breakfast is very weak. Apples, oranges, coffee, waffles and bread -- that's it! Bananas would be preferred at the very least. However, this is a RedRoof Inn, and it's reputation seems to precede it; others warned me that I wouldn't enjoy my stay, but our group took a chance because of the good location.
6. Finally, no Fitness room! They have a gigantic pool, yet not a single piece of exercise equipment.

Room Tip: Request a high floor at check-in, facing the back of the building for less traffic noise. Hotel staf...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J1PA
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear J1PA,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry about the smoke smell. I do want to let you know that we are diligent in staying 100% smoke free. At check in, we do notify guests that if they violate our non smoking policy they will be charged a $200 fee. Once again I am sorry for this inconvenience and we are looking into the matter.
We are going to be changing over wireless internet companies this month. This will increase the speed and availability for our guests. Our public business computer is being repaired right now. We do plan on it being up and running soon and back in the lobby. We are also looking into different breakfast options and expanding the area. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

If the WiFi were fixed at this hotel it would be a REAL hidden gem. It has all of the makings of a GREAT place to stay. The large, comfortable, refurbished, updated, modern rooms are extremely comfortable. I love that they include a small fridge and microwave. The breakfast is decent too: waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, hard-boiled eggs. The indoor pool is great for families too. Their only negative is the majorly SLOW wifi. It's a real downer if you need to work from the hotel or you like to watch Netflix or stream movies when you're away on business as I often do.

Room Tip: The 5th floor was very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear iloveravens,

I want to first thank you for writing a review on our property. We love hearing about our guests' experiences. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We are aware of our wireless issue and are in the process of changing over companies to resolve this. Once again I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We normally stay in this area a couple times a year. Our favorites were booked so we thought we would give Red Roof a try. The staff, breakfast, and the room fell short of what we were accustomed to with other Hotels in the area.

Dear Flora H,

I appreciate you writing a review on our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I would love for you to give us another try the next time that you are in the area. Please call us directly and I would love to talk with you on how we can improve your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

very like our stay, will choose Red Roof again. comfortable spacious room, free coffee in the room, plenty choices of free breakfast, and I like its bath bar. The only complaint for me is, poor location for people like us looking for public transportation, but very good location for people having cars

Dear Andrea C,

Thank you for writing a review. We enjoy hearing about our guests' experiences. I am glad that you like our renovations that were completed last year! We do have the Anderson Station (bus station) that does go into Boston, MA. That is 0.9 miles down the street from us. Otherwise, taxi service is the other option. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We ALWAYS stay at the Red Roof Inn in Woburn and we have NEVER been disappointed. Allyse is a beautiful young lady and is so warm and friendly. I think she has ESP too. Meeka takes such good care of us for breakfast and Maryna is ALWAYS smiling and very helpful with checkin and suggestions while staying at the hotel. Yesterday we were met by Allyse and asked if we could possibly upgrade and she had JUST DONE IT 10 minutes before!!!!! We told her we will be back on June 14th with another couple and if at all possible could we have adjoining rooms with a larger space and also mentioned it will be our 40th Anniversary on June 15th. Not 10 minutes after getting to our room, Ally called us and said Mike (the manager at this hotel) has authorized an upgrade FOR FREE and we have adjoining rooms.This Hotel is like HOME. It is a 5 minute commute to the commuter rail and it has SEVERAL excellent places to eat, and is easy on and off the highway. Thanks Mike, Ally, Meeka, Maryna and Claudia too for making sure our room is ALWAYS ready no matter when we arrive.

Room Tip: I like the 1st floor but have stayed on all floors and all are wonderfully quiet.

Dear HockeyNanna,

I want to first thank you for writing a review. We love to hear about experiences like yours. I am glad to hear about how great the staff is. Everyone here is focused on providing amazing customer service. Allyse, Meeka, Mariya are all wonderful staff members and I am happy to be working with them. Congratulations on your 40th anniversary and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
The Lakeside Inn
The Lakeside Inn
#2 of 2 in Wakefield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!