“Nice, Clean & Affordable”

Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Bangor, Maine
“Nice, Clean & Affordable”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We travel quite often and typically search for a Residence Inn since we like the comfortable layout with a complementary breakfast. I found this hotel to be very clean and affordable as well as conveniently located to Boston. Cosmetically speaking, the rooms are not the newest, but certainly not outdated. This was a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AMaineCritic
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Our suite-style accommodations and complimentary amenities make the Residence Inn Woburn an ideal place to stay when traveling to Boston - located just minutes from our hotel. We are glad you took advantage our daily hot breakfast and hope you enjoyed our complimentary high-speed Internet as well. Thank you for your loyalty to Residence Inn hotels and for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel and one of the wonderful features was the nice big room as well as the complimentary hot breakfast. Having a full kitchen and living room area is great during extended stays. That is one of the reasons I usually stay at Residence Inn properties when I travel. However, I was a little disappointed in my experience when booking my room as well as at check-in. When I called the hotel to make a reservation a couple of months before my visit, the woman I spoke with did not ask for a credit card number to hold my room and when I gave her my Marriott rewards card number, she said it was not a good number, even though I had just finished using it when reserving another Marriott hotel for a different night. A week before my trip, I decided to call the hotel to confirm my reservation and the person I spoke said that there was no credit card number on file and I therefore gave him the number. I explained that that was the reason I was calling, to make sure that I had a confirmed reservation. When I did arrive on July 27th for my four day stay, I was informed that I had TWO reservations and I explained that I only needed the one room. I am not certain if there was confusion when I called the second time, but I did not feel the staff at the front desk were apologetic for their mistake. Also, although the free shuttle to and from the train was one of the reasons I chose this location; however, I was VERY disappointed during our last night as my daughter and I were tired and wet after spending a long day in Boston and later sitting through a ball game at Fenway Park where it rained the whole time and we were happy to arrive at the station around 11:00 p.m. and wanted nothing more than to get back to our room to get into warm dry clothes and relax but we ended up waiting 55 minutes before being picked up. We had to call the hotel twice. The first time we called, the lady that answered said that she would be sending the shuttle right away and, where it is only 1/2 mile away, thought it should take at the most 10-15 minutes. After 30 minutes, we called the hotel and a different person answered (male) and he said that no shuttle had been sent to get us, but that one would be there shortly. It finally arrived at 11:55 and the person who picked us up never apologized. Needless to say if we had know we would have called for a cab. By this point were were exhausted. If it was not for this poor service with the front desk / reservation staff, I would have given this hotel a higher rating. Hopefully, the service will improve as the hotel itself and location are great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lovetoshop1595
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
While we're thrilled that you and your daughter enjoyed your accommodations, it is disappointing to read of the issues during your stay as it seems we missed opportunities to provide exceptional service. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you or your daughter may have encountered. I will share your comments with my team to reinforce our commitment to providing top-notch service to our guests. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your loyalty to our brand as a Marriott Rewards member. We hope you’ll consider giving us an opportunity to fully impress you during a future stay.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel is our 'go-to' location when visiting the Boston area, and has everything we need. The rooms are CLEAN and have every comfort of home-away-from home. The beds are very comfortable - not too hard, and not too soft. Everything works perfectly in the kitchen and throughout the unit. Residence Inn provides a satisfying breakfast each morning. The staff are always helpful and professional. Thank you! (We recommended the hotel to our friends that needed a place that allowed dogs - and they also now use this RI for each visit.)

Room Tip: We prefer the one bedroom units that have a separate living room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank redwinemom
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
We want to provide our guests with everything they could possibly need for an exceptional stay with us. It’s great that you’ve had a wonderful experience time and time again at the Residence Inn Woburn. We hope to continue to inspire return trips by providing you with the service you’ve detailed in your review. Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to share your recent experience. We hope to see you very soon!
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Residence Inn Boston is really a nice play to stay for summer holidays or any long/short business trips.The staff is cheerful & always ready to assist you.Kitchenet rooms are quite comfortable & clean with ample space to live. Really good discounts if you are staying for a week or more.Breakfast is served daily(same menu everyday) but they also provide evening snacks from Mon to thursday with different choices everyday. Free shuttle service is also available for nearby visits. An indoor pool is available but its quite small .Laundry services is also there at very minimal rates. There is Target & starbuck store which can be covered by foot while Woburn mall & other eating joints are in around 2 mile far.Overall good place if planning to visist Boston & not staying in downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Sumit2302
Thank you for sharing such helpful information regarding our accommodations, amenities and location as it will be useful to future Residence Inn Woburn guests. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to take advantage of so much of what we offer. Your kind review is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Boston!
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn for three nights (Wed-Sat) over the July 4th holiday. This location was a good point to explore the Boston and North Shore area as it was away from the downtown city traffic to visit Salem, Gloucester, and points north, yet the Anderson RTC commuter rail station was only 1/2 mile from the hotel for a relatively quick (15-20 min) trip to Boston. (Rates for MBTA tickets increased as of July 1, 2012, and a single roundtrip ticket to city center and back is now twelve dollars. Children 11 and under are free). The hotel does offer a free shuttle to the train station, but we drove and paid the four dollar parking fee so that we would not be tied to having to wait for a shuttle to return late at night.

The hotel's location was ideal to avoid city traffic, paid hotel parking, and high prices of hotels that are located in Boston, yet still providing easy access to the city.

Our room was clean and quiet, but unlike most Residence Inns we've stayed, the only bed choice is a queen (instead of the usual king) and the kitchen was the smallest we've seen. This isn't a problem for most people, but it is worth mentioning if guests would be planning to stay for an extended period of time.

As previous reviewers have mentioned, the complimentary breakfast is very crowded. There didn't seem to be enough tables (both weekday and weekend mornings) and the actual food service area is congested. (Waffle iron(s) are located in the inside corner of the counter so people making/waiting on waffles are blocking others who are using toaster, getting coffee, etc.) Servers were present, but it seemed like it took a long time for things to be restocked (i.e., egg sandwiches, bread, cereal; waffle batter dispenser was empty on two days and when staff was notified they said it would be awhile to make more up...)

Employees were helpful when asked, but did not have the friendly vibe as seen in other places. I've read other reviewers comment as such as being typical New England. We were surprised to have a knock on the door at 8:30 in the morning from housekeeping ready to service the room. We were up and getting ready for the day, but I can imagine that another guest who was sleeping in might be surprised to have the door opened by housekeeping when they did not respond to the knock on the door.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hfitzger
, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
It is just wonderful to read that you got to explore so much of the area! At the Residence Inn Woburn, we're close enough to provide convenient access to downtown Boston and area attractions like Fenway Park while being just far enough away to provide quiet suite accommodations at budget-friendly prices. It sounds like, overall, your stay with us was an enjoyable one; however, we're disappointed that you felt the complimentary breakfast was a bit crowded and apologize for any inconvenience. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We were in town for 3 weeks with 2 kids and our dog. We couldn't have asked for a better stay!
The beds are very comfortable and the pillows were heavenly.
The rooms are virtually sound proof. When we were in the bedroom and the kids were in the kitchen or living room, we couldn't even hear them!

The staff made us feel very welcomed and they were so polite. Juan at the front desk really went out of his way to accommodate our needs. He was quick to tell us all the great places would could go with our dog!
We travel a lot and this is without a doubt one if the friendliest places we have ever stayed!
We will be back in Boston the end of July and will for sure be staying here again,

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Shawna J
Our hope is to provide each and every one of our guests - even our four-legged ones - with a friendly experience that inspires the desire for a return stay with us. We're delighted you enjoyed your accommodations down to our new Residence Inn bed and pillows. We are touched to read the compliments you have given members of our staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Residence Inn Woburn during your next trip to Boston later this month.
Riverview, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I Chose this hotel specifically because it had a separate bedroom and kitchenette. I was traveling with my husband and 2 children (15 & 18) and knew it would cut down on costs by preparing meals in the room. I was unprepared for the huge breakfasts they offer every morning and was not even aware of the "social" hour. They have daily hot breakfasts (including waffles/eggs/sausage, etc) and the social hour is also a nice touch, the first night it was nachos and the second night it was vege/cheese/crackers and dips. Initially we were placed in a room on the thrid floor at the front of the hotel, this was very noisy so the management moved us up higher and to the back of the hotel which worked out perfectly.
The shuttle was able to take us to the transit station for an easy trip into Boston (about 15 minutes ride).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Traci V
, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
At the Residence Inn Woburn, our suite accommodations and amenities are perfect for guests mindful of their travel budgets. We offer free high-speed internet access, a daily hot breakfast buffet, indoor pool and fitness center for the convenience of our guests. Our staff was happy to accommodate your request for a room change to ensure you were comfortable throughout your stay. We greatly appreciate your review and hope to welcome you and your family back for a future stay soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!