“Would stay here again”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Houston, Texas
“Would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here while visiting family. Labor Day weekend so the hotel was fairly busy. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was very clean and comfortable. I have not stayed at a Residence Inn before but I would stay in one again. Had a fridge in room, in room coffee was just ok. Bed was comfortable though not top notch. The A/C was a little noisy though not a bother for me. I liked that I could get a glass of wine or a drink and not have to go out. Nice selection of breakfast foods.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Getting a good night’s sleep on a trip is always important and we’re glad that our luxury bedding provided you the rest and relaxation you deserve! It’s great that our amenities added convenience to your stay and that you were really able to enjoy yourself! Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Residence Inn By Marriott Woburn. We hope to see you again on your next trip to our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was hesitant staying at this location coz its close to home; i always wana stay at hotels far away from home. However, the experience was great. Staff are so friendly & it's one of the reasons i chose to stay. I was given a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite just for the comfort of my family. There was this guy; cant remember his name. (Colombian American), damn he's so courteous & he understands the meaning of customer care. He went the extra mile to ensure i got the value of my money & i surely did. I like the happy our at this location too. Overall, the owners, know what it means giving value for the money paid by customers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Your kind words for the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn are greatly appreciated! We’re very happy that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will choose to again. The satisfaction of our guests is extremely important to us and we’re always willing to go the extra mile to keep you comfortable. Thank you for recognizing our staff; it would be lovely to see you all again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here two nights with my family and was very pleased with the hotel. The room was nice and the layout was good. It was very clean. Kids loved the pool which never seemed to be too busy during our stay. The breakfast was good and there was a little bit of everything which was nice. The area around hotel is OK, it's a business complex area, no place to really walk to/not really walker friendly. Overall, happy with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Making a splash in our pool is always a great way to spend some time at the Residence Inn at Marriott Woburn! It’s great to hear that the whole family enjoyed their stay! There are some great shopping centers nearby and we suggest you check them out on a future stay with us. We also provide a complimentary shuttle to many local attractions and we apologize if you were not made aware of this. Thank you for your review.
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn for one night with a baby. It looks new on the outside, but was fairly standard on the inside. The front doors were not automatic, which was inconvenient. How spoiled are we? The front desk staff did their jobs, but didn't tend to smile or greet us when we walked past a few times. The hotel was clean. The free breakfast was decent, but nothing out of the ordinary. The pool area and business center were nice. After we had already checked into our room, we noticed that the carpet was soaked in the bedroom closet and immediately outside of it. We were asked to switch rooms, and we are still not sure what happened or if it was resolved. Another inconvenience. The second room was fine. In terms of location, there are closer hotels on the outskirts of Boston. But this one was near major highways such as 93 and 95. There is a Starbucks, Target, and a few other stores down the street. Another collection of stores and restaurants is a few minutes away.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
2 Thank StickerShock
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While we’re glad that your stay was satisfactory, we wish it had been more than just average. When an unexpected situation arises, we don’t want our guests to have accommodations that are below the high standards we aim to provide. We regret the inconvenience you experienced due to that situation. We hope that we’ll have an opportunity to provide you a much-improved stay in the future.
NY, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This a typical residence inn, but a notch down from average. The employees all did their jobs, but no one really seemed friendly. The room was clean, but always smelled from food perhaps coming through the vent from another room. The property only offers queen beds, and they feel much smaller than a typical queen so the bed seemed a little too compact in size. I think this would be a good property for a single business person, but a little compact for a family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Although we’re happy that you found our accommodations to be spotless, we’re disheartened to discover that your experience with us was just satisfactory. Our staff members enjoy engaging with our guests and are always delighted to assist them and we apologize that you did not feel this way when interacting with them. Your feedback is very important to us and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is our hope that you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with a stay that’s way above ordinary.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This property is exceptional in both friendliness and service. I want to highlight the Front Desk Supervisor, Juan Rincon, with professionalism and his desire to please attitude. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Your kind words for our staff and facilities are greatly appreciated! We’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff member you specifically mentioned; he will definitely be happy to hear that he had such a positive impact on a guest! Our staff members work diligently to provide service that is unmatched by others and it’s always thrilling when our guests let us know that we’re doing exactly what we set out to do. We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

First to start off, the hotel is nice, new in appearance with modern amenities. The reason for my rating relates to the poor customer service by the front desk.
Upon arriving, we were greeted by the front desk supervisor. He was very polite initially ( and that is the key word) until he quoted me a price that exceeded my confirmation price quote from expedia. When my prepaid visa did not go through, his attitude and demeanor changed. Mind you after a long commute by train, he told me that I could go "down the street to add more funds to my card" even though I was exhausted from traveling and unfamiliar with the area. He would not accept cash nor did he accept that I would pay the hidden cost that the hotel charges in the form of an "occidental deposit" (not disclosed in my confirmation from expedia) tomorrow/next night as I was staying 3 nights. I begged him to just take the cash for the deposit, feeling very uncomfortable at this time and wondering where we were going to stay for the night (he gave us the impression that "no pay was equal to to stay.". Finally, he thrusted the room cards at me and mumbled that I better pay it tomorrow.
In the room, my child burst into tears that he was holding inside from that experience. The next 2 nights were awful as we had to pass this individual each time to get to anything else in the hotel and I could feel his glare on us each time.
The pros for this hotel are, it's clean and modern. The rooms are supplied with toiletries, including Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner. There is also a shuttle (which we were not informed of at check in) that will shuttle you to Anderson Rail (for Boston excursions) or anywhere within a 5 mile radius.
The cons are definently customer service (though the hired help is nice like staff from security and kitchen).
The staff at the front desk belong on an episode of Jersey Shore as they are young, inexperienced, yet cocky with attitudes. That particular supervisor at check in was even trying to bribe my with 50 dollars out of his pocket, to be quiet about my check in experience after I approached him about his rudeness to me later in the day and causing my child to cry.
Also, the hotel has an odor that was barely tolerable to me (a mix of spices -curry? Mexican
food?) that was very pungent and noticeable every time we came back to the hotel.
In addition, during our stay, the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate due to a fire in the kitchen. The hotel sits in the middle of what appeared to be a swamp with low laying grasses, trees and vegetation surrounding it. If you do not have a car you are at their mercy with that shuttle.
I would definitely not stay again. There are too many comparable hotels nearby with the same moderness and decor. Customer service to me is everything. When I am at a hotel, I want to feel that it is like home. I did not feel comfortable, nor did my child throughout our stay. It was a waste of my hard earned cash. Especially since it was our family vacation, to have this jerk make my child cry was inexcusable to me!!!!
Beware to of Woburn. It is a small town. Everything shuts down early. It was almost impossible to find a pizza place open past 10 p.m and delivery is almost non existent in this town. Only stay here if you have a car.

1 Thank milliegene
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
First and foremost, we offer our sincerest apologies about your stay. Our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests at all times, and this experience was definitely out of character for us. The treatment you received is unacceptable and we will be sure to share your comments with our front desk staff. Your comments are incredibly important to us and we are going to work very hard to make improvements. It is our hope that we can one day have the opportunity to provide your family the vacation that you deserve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!