“Great Stay”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Garden City, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for the price, location, service and overall friendly experience. The hotel is 2 minutes from highway access to Boston, surrounding suburbs and New Hampshire. I would stay there every time I am in the area, which is frequent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Veronica R.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future. We very much appreciate your business.

Adina.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Suffolk, England
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for 6 days while visiting relatives, it was a windy day when we arrived and the curtains in the first room we were shown were almost horizontal. It appears they are patio type doors that have been permanently closed.
The second room was better, clean sheets and everything worked.
The pool was closed for maintenance work which we were not informed about prior to our arrival and that meant a drive to a nearby hotel for a swim.
There was a problem with a pipe half way along our corridor and a smell of sewage pervaded the area.
The positives, close to the highway, breakfast was good, it is very handy for Boston, Maine and New Hampshire trips and Waxy O'Connors which is part of the hotel has excellent beer and the foods good.
Probably wouldn't stay there again having visited some of the other hotels in the area

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting your review about your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we value your business. I am sorry we were not able to fully meet your expectations. Knowing what we could have done better allows us to learn and make improvements along the way. Following many guests' reviews, we have decided to fully renovate our pool. I apologize if this happened during your visit. We understand that this may have been an inconvenience and that is the reason why we have updated our website for the duration of the renovation and provided shuttle rides to and from our neighbor hotel for our guests to enjoy taking a swim.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and that you were happy with the housekeeping and location of our property.

We hope to welcome you again next time you are in the area, hoping that you will enjoy our fully renovated pool and give us another opportunity to provide excellent customer service.

wilkes-barre, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed 1 night and our rooms lock broke making it an inconvenience to our stay. We did however get moved to a room with a working lock. Wi-Fi signal in the rooms were poor and worked only occasionally.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marisa W.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room door lock and the wireless connection. Both issues have been addressed with the appropriate departments. The Internet has been verified today and it is currently operational, which makes me think it could have been a temporary issue. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience, so we can provide excellent service in the future for you and our future guests.

We have also sent you a private e-mail. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Having read the reviews before booking this hotel, I had mixed feelings about it. However, I was looking to be close to the Malden/Medford area and this hotel was convenient. I can say that for the price, this hotel is of outstanding value. The room was very clean, the check-in was hassle free and the breakfast was your typical hotel fare, but everyone found something they liked, and the food was plentiful. Also, the staff was very helpful and pleasant throughout our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations. By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver the best customer service for our future guests.
We hope that you remember us next time you are in the area and we will be happy to welcome you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel was old and lacked a service minded culture. Upon arrival the check-in clerk or any employee for that matter was not in sight. Not only did no one wait on me for over 5 minutes. I had to call the clerk from the back room. Beyond this my TV did not work when I got into my room. While the review crew was courteous and helpful, I expect that problems that are "common" in the words of the repair man would be avoided. Breakfast was no better with a lack of serving utencils. Not recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Mr. Brian C.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our guests satisfaction is our Number One priority. I will personally follow up with the guest service representative who assisted you at arrival and will address this issue. I am sorry you also had an issue with your tv in your room, but I understand that it was immediately solved by our maintenance personnel.

I have also sent you a private e-mail in these regards. Thank you again for taking the time to report these issues and I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Bucks
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed for 1 night after flying into Boston. Easy to find and it has a bar / restaurant next door which serves food until a reasonable hour. Good choice as well. Hotel is clean, rooms reasonable, everything worked and in good condition. Staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of parking on-site, breakfast OK but not brilliant. As we only stayed one night we did not explore the area. Would stay again for a similar reason.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank woggsy
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review for our property. We very much appreciate the feedback. I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Lynn, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel was very good, The staff did a good job, The buffet at waterfront is superb, me and my wife enjoyed all the 3 nights we stayed in Atlantic City New Jersey. The casino also is very decent and very conducive place to gamble. In over-rall i like the place and i enjoyed it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple