“Mediocre”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
sharon
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to be close to a gymnastics meet in morning. Beds were not firm. Breakfast was not great. Stick to bagels and coffee. You get what you pay for I guess. Recent reports of bed bugs made me nervous.

• Stayed February 2014
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your survey about your recent stay at our property. I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We value your feedback and we take every concern very seriously while making improvements. Your comments regarding the breakfast and beds help us better understand our guests' expectations. As for any bed bugs, we have not received any reports. We have a preventative maintenance program in place with a specialized company. If there are any reports, we will properly address the incidents right away by professionals. In addition, our housekeeping staff is fully trained to detect any potential issues right away.

Thank you again for your time. I hope you will come back to see us again soon, so we can provide excellent customer service.

Adina.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The price is excellent and the rooms are comfortable and clean. It is also located conveniently near several major highways for travel to and around Boston. The breakfast is not fancy but it is certainly a good option and there are several choices. The wifi is not secure, so it's not a great option for business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Susan S.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am very happy to note that you were satisfied with our location and room cleanliness. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their work and they will feel rewarded by your satisfaction. I appreciate that you have enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and we are open to any suggestions to improve our guests' dining experience. Your concerns regarding Internet connections will be addressed promptly.

Thank you again for your time and I hope you will come back to visit us again soon.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here recently on a business trip. Front desk staff were helpful and responsive to any request.

Room: The room was quite pleasant. I was sharing the room with another person, and it was easily spacious enough for us both and allowed enough "personal space". Power outlets were a bit limited and involved a bit of crawling under the desk to reach an outlet. However, I cannot really fault the hotel on this. Between the two of us, we had a lot of electronics!

Bathroom: Clean and well stocked.

Breakfast: Nice! Took a minute for me to find the knives, forks, etc... that were in a dispenser mounted on the wall! Food was plentiful and good, the breakfast room was efficient. Also was able to camp there for a couple of hours in the evening to work so that I wouldn't disturb my roommate, and I appreciated the fireplace, as the evening was chilly. It made for a great "extra space".

Restaurant: Food was tasty and WOW serving sizes were VERY generous. Most of my colleagues had the stew, which they reported was delicious! I had a Shepherd's Pie, and it was also tasty and there was certainly plenty of it! The restaurant is also a bar, and the noise levels were quite loud as this was a Friday evening hot-spot, but service was efficient and friendly, and they did find us the quietest possible corner for our group.

Alas, I left one of my favorite pair of jeans in the room, on the shelf over where clothing is hung. I called the evening I left, and they could not locate them. Bummed about that, I hope whoever got them is enjoying them! I'll be more careful with my repacking from now on...

All in all, a nice place, I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Sylviemcgee,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I am happy that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. Our guests' satisfaction is our Number One priority. I am sorry we were not able to locate your item after your departure. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Best Regards.
Irvine, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel and its location to where I was going to do business was only 3 exits on 93 north, approx. 15min. So ideal location. The hotel staff were very friendly and it has a Pub/restaurant attached to hotel and the food was very good and a good selection of beers etc.. Will be staying at this hotel on my next trip to this area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Mr. Peter B.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we value your business. I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations; our guests' satisfaction is our Number One priority. Feel free to contact our sales department for competitive locally negotiated rates. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in the area.

Garden City, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for the price, location, service and overall friendly experience. The hotel is 2 minutes from highway access to Boston, surrounding suburbs and New Hampshire. I would stay there every time I am in the area, which is frequent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Veronica R.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future. We very much appreciate your business.

Suffolk, England
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for 6 days while visiting relatives, it was a windy day when we arrived and the curtains in the first room we were shown were almost horizontal. It appears they are patio type doors that have been permanently closed.
The second room was better, clean sheets and everything worked.
The pool was closed for maintenance work which we were not informed about prior to our arrival and that meant a drive to a nearby hotel for a swim.
There was a problem with a pipe half way along our corridor and a smell of sewage pervaded the area.
The positives, close to the highway, breakfast was good, it is very handy for Boston, Maine and New Hampshire trips and Waxy O'Connors which is part of the hotel has excellent beer and the foods good.
Probably wouldn't stay there again having visited some of the other hotels in the area

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting your review about your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we value your business. I am sorry we were not able to fully meet your expectations. Knowing what we could have done better allows us to learn and make improvements along the way. Following many guests' reviews, we have decided to fully renovate our pool. I apologize if this happened during your visit. We understand that this may have been an inconvenience and that is the reason why we have updated our website for the duration of the renovation and provided shuttle rides to and from our neighbor hotel for our guests to enjoy taking a swim.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and that you were happy with the housekeeping and location of our property.

We hope to welcome you again next time you are in the area, hoping that you will enjoy our fully renovated pool and give us another opportunity to provide excellent customer service.

wilkes-barre, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed 1 night and our rooms lock broke making it an inconvenience to our stay. We did however get moved to a room with a working lock. Wi-Fi signal in the rooms were poor and worked only occasionally.

Dear Marisa W.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room door lock and the wireless connection. Both issues have been addressed with the appropriate departments. The Internet has been verified today and it is currently operational, which makes me think it could have been a temporary issue. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience, so we can provide excellent service in the future for you and our future guests.

We have also sent you a private e-mail. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.