“Nice stay”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Tampa, United States
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel was perfectly acceptable and a cheaper alternative to in-city stays. The only frustration was they advertised a shuttle to the train station, but it was only to the commuter lines which are 3x more expensive than regular T-train transportation. So, my wife and I would spend $24 a day round-trip to go to Boston, where in city transportation is $2.00 per rider with a Charlie Card. Just keep that in mind when evaluating cost trade-offs.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Christian,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about our recent stay at our property. It is great to hear that you had a nice stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Feel free to contact our front desk for transportation options while in town.

Adina.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to stay near the city of Boston, this is not a bad option. There were some good and bad but the good definitely outweighed the bad. Coming into this area, you will probably miss the hotel as the sign was covered by a huge tree next to it (I don't blame Best Western for this, as I don't think it was their property). The cleaning crew did a great job in the rooms. The front desk staff was friendly at any time of the day or night. However, they didn't seem to know a good "T Station" other than the one they were familiar with, which was very limited and a commuter rail. My suggestion is to go to Wellington Station (Orange Line) 2 exits away but do your own research if you're looking for alternatives. The gym, was a little too hot for my liking even with the A.C. turned on. The internet was a little fussy when first getting on, and this was on a brand new microsoft surface. It worked great though afterwards. The breakfast was decent. Make your own waffles, it's worth it! Girts and sausages were amazing, and the juices and coffee were good! The eggs, they weren't so great. The best part about this hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable. I usually toss and turn and wake up multiple times during my sleep cycle. During my 2 night stay here, I slept right through both nights. It was great. I'd much reccommend staying here just for the beds alone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had a nice and comfortable stay with us. Please keep us in mind next time you are in the area and we will be happy to welcome you back.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Place is old and outdated, hallways smell bad, items on the breakfast bar are hard to be replenished. At times they ran out of items. Water turns from hot to cold in the middle of showering. I could go on and on....
Will never go back and do not recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Rooms are not too clean and nothing inviting
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear ZGeorge,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I am sorry you did not find our property and service to your satisfaction. Here at the Best Western we strive every day to provide excellent service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback and this will help us make improvements going forward. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at 781-95-8160 with any concerns. I will be happy to talk to you and address them.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here on Wednesday June 10th for a rate around $150 including all taxes. Location is very convenient to Rt 93. Out-of-towners need to know that while Boston is close the traffic on Rt 93 can make for slow travels. Traffic immediately outside the hotel in Woburn/Stoneham was very bad in rush hour, but I realize the hotel has no control over that. Inside my room I could not hear highway traffic but I could hear some traffic in the early morning from the businesses right next door. Night time was pretty quiet for falling asleep - no complaints there. The hotel was quiet overall until morning. The bed was firmer than what I was used to but I slept like a baby - better than usual actually. Mattress felt fairly firm but it still felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. That's a good mattress.

I used the pool the night I was there and it was pretty clean, even the grout between the pool tiles looked brand new. I think I read that it had been renovated. It was warm and relaxing. I had breakfast there too. For a free breakfast I can't complain at all - you had a choice of hot and cold items: cereal, sausage, potatoes, eggs, toast, muffins, waffles, etc. You do not check out on an empty stomach. There's a restaurant conveniently attached to the hotel (Waxy O' Connors) with many options. I poked my head in there and found it to be very, very noisy. Good option though if you don't want to go out driving around for a meal.

Check-in woman was friendlier than the man who checked me out in the morning. This hotel needs to teach front desk clerks how to smile and greet people properly. It is a service industry after all. Overall, it was definitely fine. I absolutely would stay again as long as I could get a low rate.

p.s. Ask them to remove the room safe charge from your bill if you do not use it. They removed my charge without any issue.

Room Tip: Request "quiet room" when booking. Upper floor, near end of hallway seemed quiet - less f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Chickadee93,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our TripAdvisor page and for submitting your review about your recent stay at our property. I am happy you had time to relax by our newly renovated pool and enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast during your stay. I will share your comments with my team in order to encourage them to provide excellent customer service to our guests. Thank you again for your time and consideration. We hope to see you again soon.

Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I haven't stayed in a Best Western for years and had the impression that they are inferior to other brands. This stay has changed my attitude. We enjoyed our stay in the hotel and appreciate the attentive service by front desk personnel.

Our room was large and had a comfortable king bed. Everything was spotlessly clean. The room had a 36-inch TV (an estimate), coffee maker, and plenty of electrical outlets for charging electronic gizmos. The room is supposed to have both Ethernet and WiFi internet service, but the Ethernet cable didn't work. The WiFi signal was strong in our room and in the common areas and there is no charge for that.

The tub/shower was fine. The water pressure was strong, but the temperature varied a bit during the shower.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the breakfast. Even though the items served were fairly standard (scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, juice, etc.) the taste was far better than standard. I can honestly say I enjoyed the breakfast a lot.

We had an extra day in the area and wanted to tour Boston a bit. They offer a free shuttle to a metro stop (forget the name), but the front desk suggested we drive to the Wellington stop and park there. What a great suggestion! Parking there is only $6 for the entire day and it's only 3-4 stops on the orange line to get to the tourist areas.

We had to return our rental car to Logan Airport the next day around 9:30. Because of the rush hour, the highways had become parking lots. Luckily, someone advised us to tell our GPS to avoid highways. Exactly! We could drive about 40-45 MPH all the way to the airport (except for a few small stretches where the speed limit is slower). Along the way we could watch people on the expressways sitting still in their cars. We got to the airport in only 35 minutes.

We will be returning to this area next month and plan to stay here again. It was a good experience.

1 Thank OhioRon
Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear OhioRon,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our TripAdvisor page and submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I am happy we were able to meet your expectations and that you were satisfied with our housekeeping, amenities, breakfast and overall service. I will share your comments with my team in order to motivate them to keep offering excellent customer service to our guests. We are looking forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Was this the most romantic hotel I've ever seen? No, but the staff was very polite and really did work to make sure my stay was comfortable.

I found this to be a good base to visit Cambridge. It would have been equally easy to take the T into Boston.

The bed was comfortable, the TV was larger than I thought was needed. I appreciated that they used all washable bedding - sometimes those comforters with just the two sheets draped over them seem pretty nasty. None of that here.

I didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and in good repair.

Free parking, fine 2.5* breakfast. I have no complaints. Especially for the area, this was a good deal.

The front desk warned me about the construction on 93, so I avoided that by getting off one exit early at Washington.

Room Tip: The front desk warned me about the construction on 93, so I avoided that by getting off one exit ear...
1 Thank Nindubsar
Dear Nindubsar,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our TripAdvisor page. I am happy that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you liked the amenities included. I will share your comments with my team; they will be motivated to continue to provide excellent service for all the guests. It is very appreciated that you took the time to submit your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Largo, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Came to Massachusetts for a family event. Sleeping in this hotel was horrible. Bed and pillows need to be changed. Selection of local restaurants are poor. No recommendations but one. Did like they didn't have a washer and dryer location in this hotel. They sent out. (no thanks)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Celia W.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I am sorry for not being able to meet your expectations. Your opinion is very important to us and we will consider your feedback when making improvements going forward. Feel free to contact me directly should you require additional assistance. We hope to see you again soon so we can provide you with excellent service.