My wife and I stayed here for the third time while in the Boston area to visit family and friends in the area. For it's relatively close proximity to downtown and cost this place is a really good value.
Getting around in the Boston area is never easy for someone unfamiliar with the lay out and travel options. There were some people at the hotel from Louisiana who were experiencing difficulties in that regard. I grew up in Boston so I made out OK. The hotel is less than 10 miles from the northern Boston city line.
Had a problem that with the room we were given upon arrival. We booked through Priceline and they give you whatever crappy room is available. The room while nice enough was an accessible room with a large shower that was level with the bathroom floor and no seperation between the two. When we took a shower in the morning the bathroom floor got absolutely flooded and there appeared to be no way to keep it from happening. We went to the lobby and were in a new room within 15 minutes.
Room was clean and comfortable and housekeeping did a good job the 5 nights we stayed there had no issues. There is an electronic safe in the room which is convenient. However on check out we were charged $1.50 per day for the use of the safe. I don't recall being charged for it on our 2 prior stays there, and I don't know if it's a new policy or just because we booked through Priceline. On the subject of Priceline we won't be using their services again ever. Absolutely no service after booking and their customer service reps were pretty rude.
I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a reasonably priced alternative to the obscene cost of a Downtown Boston Hotel We will gladly return here while in town.
Also there is a restaurant/pub located directly next to the Hotel called Spud's. It is independently owned and operated from the hotel but is connected by a hallway. Great place to sit, relax and watch a ballgame. Good food reasonable drink prices and a lot of people who live in the area who are very friendly and fun to hang out with. It is one of the better reasons to stay at the Best Western New Englander.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander in Woburn, Massachusetts, a AAA Three-Diamond award-winning hotel, which offers guests friendly customer service to make any stay a memorable one. This full-service Woburn hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms each featuring cable satellite television with HBO® and high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to enjoy a complimentary full breakfast and complimentary newspaper each morning. Other hotel amenities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, business center offering complimentary email access, free parking and shuttle service to Anderson Commuter Rail Station. The BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander also offers 4200 square feet of state of the art meeting facilities that include two ballrooms and an executive boardroom that accommodates up to 200 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus New Englander Hotel Woburn
- Best Western Hotel Woburn
- Best Western New Englander
- Best Western Woburn
- Woburn Best Western