“Great Stay and Very Clean!”

Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Boston, MA
“Great Stay and Very Clean!”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

It was a pleasant stay at the Courtyard In Woburn. My wife and I stayed here for a night and found the staff very friendly and willing to help with any request. The room and bathroom was a good size and very clean. We had a room overlooking route 93 but could not here the highway at all. The hotel itself was very quiet even though it had seemed like a lot of people were staying their. Another great thing about this hotel is the location to the highway. It is right near route 93 and about a mile up the highway to route 95. Also the hotel is located near several restaurants including a Dunkin Donuts and about a half mile to downtown Stoneham. A very nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Spent a couple of nights at the hotel on a business trip. Had not stayed here before because normally stay closer to the office. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly welcome and the no nonsense checkin. The room was reasonably large and clean. At this time of year, i like to spend any time at the hotel sitting outside reading or working. KMost hotels are not well setup to support that activity, this one is. Dinner and the bar are reasonably priced and the food a decent for hotel food.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Weare, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stay in the area often and this Courtyard has very nice upgrades, VERY competivite prices and excellent service. I really appreciate how friendly and helpful Louise and Alexis were when I stayed there on August 13, 2011. If you are doing anything in the Boston area, consider this location. It's close to major highways, offers all of the services you need and the money you save gives you more to spend on vacation!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I agonized between Courtyard Woburn (off I-95, just west of I-93 interchange) and this location (about two miles south of I-95/I-93 interchange, easy to find off the exit ramp), because the mixed reviews on TA left questions on both properties. I finally chose Woburn Boston North: it’s the newer property and it made for an easier highway connection. I can’t speak to the “other” Courtyard Woburn, but I’m happy to report this new property is well-maintained, well-managed, and well worth it.

What we all look for in a Courtyard is consistency. We are spending a few dollars more to upgrade from, say, a Ramada Inn. (For those old enough to remember, Ramada was the upgrade for Howard Johnson’s; times change.) We want helpful front desk staff (got it, and the much-complimented Louise didn’t start for another hour after I arrived), clean rooms (check), and sturdy free WiFi (ditto.)

Parking was ample at the end of an upscale office park, the lobby was spotless, and the rate was to be expected: $179 base for a single room. I got what I paid for, and I was happy to do so. Four stars is a thumbs up.

Room Tip: rooms facing front of hotel avoid traffic sounds from I-93
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The hotel was easy to find and had ample parking! I was in town traveling with friends to visit Boston. The hotel provided a complimentary shuttle to the nearest T which was very nice. The hotel itself was clean and the staff was friendly! Although we didn't stay in the hotel much, the beds were comfy, the room was clean and the staff was pleasant -- overall it was a excellent stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Antioch, California
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Good:
1. Great price
2. Nice lobby
7. Nice televisions
8. Wi-fi throughout hotel
9. Fast elevators
10. Great view from highway side of hotel

The Bad:
1. One side of hotel faces a noisy highway
2. High speed wi-fi is horribly slow
3. Another hotel that only gives 2 body towels
4. On-site restaurant is under staffed

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband and I took four-day getaway without the kids to enjoy the Boston area and its surrounds. I searched long and hard for something nice but affordable -- i.e. under $150. Rooms in Boston are crazy expensive. This Courtyard by Marriott is just minutes outside the city and next door to a great restaurant called Salty Dogs. Our room, though not huge, was just $79 per night for a king-size bed, big TV, nice bathroom, small sitting area and coffee bar area. The room and bath were extremely clean, and it was great coming back each evening to a made bed and restocked and tidied-up bathroom and restocked in-room coffee bar. The pool area was very lovely and landscaped. The lobby had a great display of snacks -- better than just getting chips from a machine. The lounge area was stocked with board games and very well kept. There was apples and bananas at the front desk to take with you as snacks, as well as a nice big decanter of ice-cold water. The desk staff was very friendly. As were were checking out I asked Evan at the front counter to mail a postcard for me. He was happy to. I told him I told to scrapbook and collect postcards, too. He asked if I wanted a postcard of the hotel for my scrapbook. (Remember when motels and hotels used to have those?) He went in the office and came back with one. Very friendly people, very nice accommodations and very clean. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple