“A Good Alternative to Staying in the City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North

Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A Good Alternative to Staying in the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

My girlfriend and I chose this hotel for a 3 night stay in Boston. We opted to stay in the suburbs since the downtown hotels were out of our budget. The hotel was very accommodating upon my early arrival in ensuring my room was ready. The first day we ventured into Boston we drove to the Alewife T station, this is probably not the best way to get into the city as the garage was almost full with commuters at 11AM and traffic getting in and out was pretty dense both getting to and on 93 North. The next two days we opted to drive directly into Boston to be closer to our destination. This Courtyard seemed a little more upscale than others I have stayed in with it's own full service restaurant and room service. It sits directly beside I-93 but is secluded in a quiet business park. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget-friendly alternative to Boston's sky-high room rates and who doesn't mind dealing with Boston's Infamous drivers and traffic.

Room Tip: Either side is good We were on the 6th (top) floor facing I-93 and had no problem with highway traf...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrc209

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Passing through to look at colleges in Boston. This hotel was so clean, so friendly, so efficient. All perfect for our stay. Just a couple things to note. We had a very small issue with the room, and a maintenance man was there in about 3 minutes flat - all resolved. Internet is spotty in the room (disconnected frequently). I gave up and used the business center, which was just fine (except that I couldn't be in my pjs to do it). The location is awesome (just north of Boston and right off the interstate), but rush-hour traffic was an issue in the morning (not their fault...).

Room Tip: Half the rooms face the interstate, our did not. Ask for an Eastern facing room, just in case noise...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Miley2007
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here overnight for a weekend get together with some friends in town. Parking is free, the rooms are comfortable, and it's only 15 minutes (or less) driving into Boston. The local area is great too, with tons of shopping and restaurants. The hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel lobby has a great breakfast / hang out area with Wii, boardgames and complimentary coffee. We did enjoy the hot breakfast before checking out in the morning, and for less than $11, it just can't be beat!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chauncey4u
East Wakefield, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while I took a class and the people were awsome. Lori Kayajani, Erian Kinstey, Louise and Serze the van driver were all great. I Forgot to pack some things and they offer a shuttle ride to the nears store to get them. That was great. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Great stay Thank You All.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the same not facing the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kristal S
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend while visiting family. Everyone at the reception desk was extremely friendly.

The room, though a bit small, was a good value for the price. They could use new mattresses, as it was not as comfortable as other Courtyards I've stayed in. Also, more outlets to charge electronics. Everything was very clean and in good working order.

I would stay here again when visiting Woburn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nja53
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I just spent one night at the Woburn, MA Courtyard. The hotel is pretty easy to locate off of the Interstate. Parking is free and there is sufficient staff for a quick and easy check-in. It do not think there are any restaurants that are within walking distance to this hotel. However, since I am at the highest Marriott elite level, I called ahead and received an upgrade to a suite and the front desk presented me with a free breakfast coupon.

The hotel itself is somewhat dated and has not made the renovations to their lobby as many Courtyards have with the smart boards. The rooms do contain a flat screen television and a computer desk. My suite also had a sofa, a bar with a microwave oven and a small refrigerator. The bedding was comfortable and clean. I really like my sleeping room to be dark and away from noise and this was accomplished.

I went to the bar to order a hamburger and fries and the bartender was busy talking with a guest about his fishing trip. I waited for ten minutes and then found a server in the restaurant and just gave my order to her. I complained to the front desk personnel about the poor service at the bar. When I returned to the bar to pick up my food the bartender confronted me, saying “you did not understand-this is a frequent guest in the hotel”. I informed her that I understood fully and that she was busy with one guest, rather than assist everyone. This woman was rude, inappropriate and very unprofessional.

The next morning when I went downstairs to set up my conference room I was directed to a room that was not even set up for a training program. The man showing me to my room had no idea which room I was to be in, and took me to a second room that had not been cleaned from the event the night before. Finally a young woman came by with a cart of food items and I asked her where my seminar was being held and she directed me to the correct room.

It seems that the staff at this hotel are poorly trained. I do like the hotel and have stayed here several times in the past. However, unless I can be assured of some significant changes I will probably not select this Courtyard again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank FLJ021251
swmartin, Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
April 3, 2012

Dr. Fred Johnson
PO Box 1173
Midland, MI 48641-1173

Dear Dr. Johnson:

Dear Ms. Lorentz:

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor about your stay here at the Courtyard Woburn MA this March.

It is important to me to insure you know that I am aware of them.
Please accept my apologies for any problems or inconvenience that you experienced.

Your area of concerns regarding the level of service you received in the Bar, meeting room location and the way we handled them is certainly important to me. I am certainly disappointed to hear your comments and rest assured that I have spoken to our team to inquire as to what exactly happened over the course of the your stay and meeting. I also wanted to thank you about your positive comments regarding your accomodations.

I know that this response cannot change the experience that you had with us but we do hope that in some way it helps to restore your faith in Marriott and specifically the Courtyard Woburn/Boston North.
Dr. Johnson, thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have a choice when you travel and value your patronage. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stan Martin
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

the best value of this hotel ere the people, very friedly, helpful. The rest is standard no surprise. And folks at Marriott admin we are in 2012 free internet is great but please give us some speed! Internet is like on a 56k modem... do you rememnber?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business