“visiting Boston for selena gomez concert”

Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
reading, pa
“visiting Boston for selena gomez concert”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I visited Boston for the first time and I really loved this hotel, the staff was very friendly, the rooms were nice. The best part is that I was provided complimentary breakfast for my family of 4. I have travelled to many cities and ever out of the country and this is one of the best hotel, I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was at the hotel on saturday 0ct 12 and Taj was the representative working. She was so nice and helpful especially considering how busy it was that night with 4 different wedding parties checking in. I was part of one of the wedding parties and we got to the hotel a little after midnight. Several other people were also checking in so it was pretty nonstop for her but you couldnt tell. She was very helpful when I needed a taxi to get home especially after the first car service she called wanted to charge me $70 and I refused she found me another car service that was more reasonable. Taj was amazing, if only everyone was like her.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 October 2013

During our east coast trip labor Day weekend, stoped for one night in Boston.We booked 3 rooms. 8 People( friends). Rooms were 2 quenn beds. They right way changed our rooms with 2 queen beds and sofa. For Free.Excellent costumer service, Nice breakfast. Clean Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank miki_al
California
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I can usually count on the Marriott Courtyard to provide consistent and reliable lodging. This is an exception. The room was nice and clean but the mattress was awful. It offered no support or comfort and we spent the night rolling to the middle of the bed. Additionally, it was springy and uncomfortable. The food was average for a Courtyard and the coffee was below average. It tasted old and bitter and definitely not Starbucks quality. We used this hotel for our first and last nights stay because of its proximity to the airport. Good location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank minuit1942
swmartin, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Minuit1942,

Thank You for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor about your recent stay here at the Courtyard Woburn/ Boston North.

Please accept my apologies for any problems or inconvenience that you experienced because of this incident.

Your concerns regarding our mattresses offering no support and being springy and uncomfortable is important to me. I also read that you found our food to be average. We are not offering Starbucks yet but will be in 2014. I have investigated your room to insure that the bed was set up properly and shared your review with our Food and Beverage Manager. Also, I was happy to see that you found our Location, Cleanliness and Service very good or excellent

I know that this response cannot change your experience, but I do hope that, in some way, it helps to restore your faith in Marriott and specifically the Courtyard Woburn/Boston North.

Thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have a choice when you travel and we value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stan Martin
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed her Sept 27th and 28th. Left at 6:50am on the 29th to find our car on milk crated from the kitchen area storage and the wheels and tires gone from our 2013 Accord Sport.
Could not find wheels and tires on Sunday. Had to stay an extra night. They had a shuttle but would not even take us to the rental office because it was an extra exit away!!!! It was about 4 miles from the Hotel. When we did finally get wheels and tires the service truck put the 2 on the back and there were two cars jammed in on either side of ours. ( They were the only 3 cars in that area. It was close to the door and visible from the front desk.) I went in and got the Manager (Mr. Martin) He was not pleasant at all throughout our conversations. I asked if he could use the license plates to see if the guests that owned the vehicles were there and could come out and move them so we could use the jacks to loft our car and get the wheels on it.
2 EMPLOYEES FROM THE OFFICE CAME OUT AND MOVED THEIR CARS!!!!!!!
I asked if he had asked or instructed them to park there. He claimed he had not. but, one of the women that was parked there was from his office. (Mrs.Millerick.)
They are RUDE AND NOT TRUTHFUL AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!!!
DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Room Tip: Rooms are nice. Parking lot is unsafe!!!!!! Our car was visible from the front desk. One person the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Jackgoode
swmartin, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Mr. G:

Please accept my apologies, again, for any problems or inconvenience that you experienced because of this incident.

Your concerns regarding your car being vandilized in our parking lot, is, of course, important to me. In my seven years managing this Hotel I have never seen this happen before. However, as you and I discussed at length, we offer free parking to our guests and therefore our parking lot is a public area and are not responsible for the criminal act of a third party. I can understand that you are extremely frustrated that this happened to your vehicle however I believe that our staff did an outstanding job of trying to make a bad situation better for you. After speaking with our front desk team they explained to me how they tried diligently all morning on Sunday to help you locate a tire and wheel store to get you on your way quicker. Also, Mr. G, we would never have had any of our associates try to hide your car from anyone given these circumstances. That is not the way we do business. I believe that the additional reviews on this site speak to that.

I know that this response cannot change your experience Mr. G, but I do hope that, in some way, it helps to restore your faith in Marriott and specifically the Courtyard Woburn/Boston North.

Mr. G, thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have a choice when you travel and we value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stan Martin
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have stayed here x times and you always get the same product.
Nothing spectacular. But great service, always attractive rates, and spacious rooms.
Best deal in Boston , where hotels end to be very expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mhf1956
Connecticut
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the Woburn Massaschuetts Courtyard for 1 night September 28th 2013. I had arrived very early and asked if it was possible to check-in. The fellow was extremely helpful and although my scheduled room was not ready he was able to find a room that was. Because we were staying simply to enjoy the hotels facilities I appreciated this effort very much. After we went to lunch this same fellow saw me and asked how the room was. My reservation has a request for extra pillows and towels. Because the room we were given was not the room we were assigned the extras were not there. I was very impressed when the staff brought the extra towels and pillows without being asked. The staff provided the exceptional customer service I expect from a Marriott property. While he did not acknowledge my Elite status he did provide the Elite keys showing my status.

The room was on the 6th floor a t the end of the hall and was very quite as the front desk agent said it would be. The room was clean and everything was in proper order. We were located on the front of the building. The rear borders on I-93 but the hotel seems to be soundproof and the noise from I-93 is not an issue.

The pool, spa and pool area is very well maintained and extremely clean. The spa was a comfortable temperature for long soaking and the pool was a nice warm temperature and very enjoyable. Sunday the heat in the spa was not working at all and when I called the front desk within 2 minutes there was a maintenance engineer checked the spa. Unfortunately he was not capable of correcting the problem and though he said he had fixed the spa it was not corrected. I do not think he was qualified to do anything more than simple repairs.

There is 2 small public balconies for seating area outside. These are enjoyable but too small for more than a small group. These areas were well maintained and very clean.

The buffet breakfast is 10.95 per person. I had chosen this property because of the availability of the buffet style restaurant. The buffet consisted oranges, cantaloupe and strawberries. In addition to eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. Also available is a small selection of breakfast pastries and bread. There was also a chef preparing omelets and making waffles! This restaurant is excellent. The breakfast area was very busy and everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. It is nice to stay in a hotel that has a nice restaurant like this. There was a sign showing a Bistro is coming soon. It would be good to confirm Jakes Restaurant with the buffet is open before you arrive to avoid disappointment.

One area of concern seems to be the security at this hotel. It seems safe but on Sunday morning another guest went to their car to find all 4 tires and wheels were stolen. If the car was parked in a remote area of the property I could understand the theft. BUT the car was in the front row 6 - 7 slots from the front door. It is hard to imagine noone saw this happening with the time it took for this to occur. I am confident the hotel management is reviewing security cameras to avoid this in the future. There are cameras in the pool and lobby that I saw so I am sure there must be cameras in the parking lot. If not this is a huge mistake by the management.

The staff at this property certainly maintains a high standard and if I ever have the opportunity to be in the area I would stay at this property again providing the security issues are addressed and the hotel continues to have a restaurant with the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet. Chose one that you can see your car.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple