“Food was just OK and overpriced.”

Central Grill & Cafe
Ranked #77 of 137 Restaurants in Woburn
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My husband and I went to this restaurant on a Friday evening for dinner. Here is our take on our experience:

The service was slow (It was a friday evening so it was busy) and it took a while for us to get anything we ordered. The food itself was ok. While the menu offers alot of items you don't typically see in most of the Italian restaurants I've ever been to (such as alligator, kangaroo, frog legs, etc), the food just wasn't as good as it sounded.

We ordered the stuffed mushrooms and the fried calamari for appetizers. The mushrooms were ok, the crabmeat in the mushrooms tasted like the artificial crabmeat you buy at the supermarket for very cheap by the pound. The calamari were horrible. They were very over cooked and eating them was like chewing on rubber.

For entrees, my husband ordered the rack of lamb and he wasn't impressed. He said that the mustard really overpowerd the dish and he had that mustard after taste in his mouth the whole night. I got the pan roasted lobster (can't go wrong with lobster right?) and it wasn't what I expected. The sauce was kind of bland, it really didn't do much to the flavor of the lobster itself. But like I said, can't go wrong with lobster, and with sauce or not, the lobster was delicious.

Dessert was a tragedy. We got the cannolis and they were just bad. Nothing more I can say about them, just that they were really bad.

We did take our own bottle of wine and they didn't charge us to open it, so that was a good thing.

All in all, my husband and I wouldn't eat here again. We didn't feel that the food and service was not worth the $100 + we paid.

1  Thank Janezita45

Reviewed 11 May 2009

I have been to La Stanza Diva plenty of times with friends from work and really enjoyed the food and service. The food is delicious and I always referred people there and as well had a great experienced. But this all changed after my visit on Saturday May 8th. I had a party of 14 people; we were celebrating mother’s day and my father in-law’s birthday, we were extremely discriminated (We are all Dominican’s). Our reservation were for 8:00pm, and not only was our table not ready, we were being ignored by the ENTIRE STAFF, including a guy at the bar who kept telling me that our waitress/waiter would be coming soon, not one waitress came to our table to ask if we wanted water or bread or to take our order… we waited 1 hour and then we just decided to leave, so when I go up to the bar and tell the guy that we were leaving because no one was paying us any attention, as I was talking the guy cuts me off and very rudely tells me, okay, no problem, Good bye! I was AMAZED that they would let 14 people leave their restaurant that easy, I mean this bill would’ve probably been close to $500.00 dollars and instead of working with us and at least apologize all we got was “OKAY, NO PROBLEM, GOOD BYE!” ????? There was a table with 6 people that had gotten there a little bit after us and when we left, this table had already finished their meal.

I was extremely embarrassed with my extended family, this was unacceptable to me, and yes, I will say it, they are RACISTS, RACISTS RACISTS!!!!!!!!!! I will never ever in my life give La Stanza Diva restaurant my business again. It really sucks because I loved their food, but now I wonder about the other times that I’ve been there… I never had a problem with service, but was this because I was always there with American people???????
We ended up going to Bertucci’s in Woburn, and not only was the food and the prices good, but THE SERVICE WAS AMAZING!!!!! We had our drinks and bread in a matter of 5 minutes.

Message to Chef Lynne: you really need to invest in educating your staff on customer service. Read this article, I think it will benefit your restaurant:
Bad Customer Service is YOUR Fault
LINK: [--]

1  Thank sweetlady216
Reviewed 22 November 2008

My boyfriend & I recently went there to celebrate our anniversary on 11/21/08, we thought it would be fun seeing it is byob... It was the complete opposite of fun & good food. We waited over 20 minutes for the waitress to come over & open our wine which they charge $4 uncorking fee - never heard of this... The appetizer was gross, the "marinara" sauce was overcooked & watery. The waitress was not attentive to us at all... we had to flag her down or someone else every time we needed something. We both ordered Sirloin steak dinners at $25 each, that came out so raw & undercooked. We kindly, asked to have one of them taken off the bill seeing they weren't edible at all, and they absolutely refused and told us to go eat the Ritz Carlton and to never come back again... the owner was calling us drunk & arrogant as she was drinking glass after glass of wine, yelling across the restaurant. Just to add, the silverware, the wine glasses and plates on the table were so dirty, we had to scrub off the lipstick and caked on food.... Needless to say it ruined our anniversary, and ended up having to pay over $65 for a dinner we didn't eat! WE have told everyone we know about this place... no one will be going there to dine, nor should any of you reading this...........So many other great places to eat

1  Thank Teen0211
Reviewed 20 August 2008

My girlfriends & I went to this restaurant on 8/19,I was excited to go because I heard a lot of good things about this restaurant. One its local & two you BYBO.
My girlfriends & I said we will never go back here again,overpriced,service horrible,waitess never came over to ask if everything is fine.overcooked food & old food,very expensive for what you get,ambience is old awful,flavor of the food has none,very disappointed in the meal,I go out to eat at least 6 times a week and I have never experience the lack of attention. I had the Fruti DeMare-I have this meal as often as I can get because I just love the fresh seafood & flavors,well I was mistaken when the dish came,very big portions, no taste at all,red sauce was sticking to my seafood & the seafood looked and smelled old,not fresh at all.I took the rest home.then I threw away,when I open up the take out there was a smell. When the bill came were charged a TO GO CHARGE. what's up with that.The high end restaurants I dine at ,has never added additional charge to go. I can go on & on the terrible experience we had,I love dining out but this was the worst. Oh one more thing,while we were eating our dinner we all notice the Chef Lynne was smoking in the Kitchen & Drinking. thats bad. I will not recommend this restaurant at all,I should of gone to Angelo's in Stoneham at least this restaurant is very clean,very good,& service is excellent,food is excellent. this is where i will be dining more often.

1  Thank BoomieDines
Reviewed 21 April 2008

NOT good for groups! We went here with about 16 people on a Sunday evening and while the food took a while to come out (only 1 chef in the kitchen) that was fine and it was good to just be able to talk to friends and such. It was the service that was horrible. The waitress just was not trying and by the time all was said and done, we were there for 3 hours! At one point, she went and sat at another table for 20 minutes! Our dishes were over cooked (pasta was like mashed potatoes and buffalo steak was super tough) but the calamari were good. Some friends absolutely love this place, and I'm sure its good w/ 2-6 people, but I was very disappointed. I don't like spending that much money to have overcooked food and horrible service - first time I've been somewhere that it was this bad. yikes.

1  Thank mdeberio

Been to Central Grill & Cafe? Share your experiences!