“Don't be Fooled by the Pizza/Casual Look”
Review of Arcenia Cucina Rustica - CLOSED

Arcenia Cucina Rustica
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Two friends recommended Arcenia's for our Friday night outing -they warned us not to be fooled by the pizza parlor atmosphere and that the food was authentic Italian, homemade by Arcenia and her husband. We absolutely loved it! The food was top notch and worthy of a gourmet Italian restaurant. I got the Veal al Limone-the veal was tender and the lemon flavor was perfect-not overpowering, but just the right combination of lemon and butter. Our friend got the stuffed shells and meatballs-I usually don't get meatballs at a restaurant because they always disappoint, but these were delicious-worthy of my Italian mother in law. And last but not least, the tiramisu and the limoncello cake were outstanding-not too sweet, but very flavorful. The atmosphere was fine, but really not worthy of the quality of the food. I heard they have terrific thin crust pizza and an all day salad bar, but that will be for another visit!

1  Thank ann r

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had made reservations in March to go to this restaurant for my trip to in Boston in May with 13 other people. I called again to reconfirm a couple days before and was told that all would be ready for us. After completing the meal, I felt like crawling under a rock for choosing this place.

Customer service: I could go into not being seated for about five minutes, having to call the waitstaff several times for plates, utensils and menus, and the dirty glasses. I could even go into observing other tables being served before us, even though they arrived after us, but I won't. I think, though, that the customer service can be summed up in the statement of the owner. After voicing our dissatisfaction with the food, he told us: "JUST PAY FOR THE FOOD AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME BACK AGAIN!" Yes, he basically told us to pay for the terrible food, get out, and don't come back. UNACCEPTABLE. On top of that, he was so mad, he sent the chef out with our bill.

Food: The food was absolutely terrible. It even seemed microwaved because it arrived hot but cooled in a matter of minutes. That is why I am baffled as to why it took over two and a half hours for us to be served. I have posted pictures of the food.

We joked that this restaurant was so bad that we might be on an episode of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES with chef Ramsay. This was the real deal.

All in all, one of my worst dining experiences.

3  Thank nursekay