“Nice Room... Service mixed... Restaurant is a sports bar”

Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
McKinney, Texas
“Nice Room... Service mixed... Restaurant is a sports bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Always have an excellent room... Free Internet ... HDTV.
Some of the staff are exceptionally freindly and professional.
Some of the staff seems a little lost.
The sports bar restaurant caters to a local crowd. Very lively. My guess it's a nice profit center.
As a hotel guest I find it difficult to conduct business and hardly relaxing.
The food is mediocre. Strict rules... I.E. wrist braclets required to be worn by diners . I get it... Not complaining... Just my observation and advising potential guests.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hampden, ME
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband & are eloped in May of this year, but took our mini honeymoon this past weekend to Boston.
We were fortunate to get a room at the Crowne Plaza in Boston/Wobern Massachusetts. They offered us a last minute deal on our room.
The rooms had all been recently renovated.
The room was clean & comfortable.
The staff was friendly & helpful.
We enjoyed the stay, and the convenience of the hotels distance to Boston.
Boston is one of our most favorite cities...we now have a hotel that we would most definitely stay at again!

Room Tip: We were given a room with a king sized bed. Any room with a king size bed, we highly recommend. We w...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judie S
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Great anticipation to get there. I had made special arrangements at the front desk during my stay, and they were wonderful with helping me out. The "bouncer" at the Bar door wouldn't let me in for dinner due to a band playing unless I wanted to pay the cover. Why should I pay a cover to eat? I then requestedenus from the front desk and the woman with glasses couldn't even give me a menu or any help other then to hand me the phone to order from the bar next door...whatever?!

The day service was great..Ashley, I believe was just awesome!
My room was perfect! That king bed, the shower..wonderful!!

The bad part if my first night was..I drove 12 hours straight from Raleigh and checked into my room and go to sleep, to be abruptly woken up from a family banging on my door trying to get in..apparently the women at the front desk at 9:30p gave them the same room keys..not sure how that happens..but the next day, my room was comped for that night..thank you.

I will be coming back up in December for the weekend and hope I can book the same room.

Chris "Boston"

• Stayed October 2012
Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

As we were touring New England we chose this hotel to be close to Boston to visit.
One person at the reception was not as friendly as it should be.
The room with king size bed was very comfortable, but a fridge was missing. Nice flat screen tv and cosy corner to watch tv, write or read a book.
At night you could hear a constant noise from machines. Airco?

Room Tip: When you want to visit Boston, this is a good location if you do not mind driving into Boston.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Saratoga, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Overall this was a very good overnight stay at a clean, comfortable hotel that is 20-30 minutes from Boston. The newly remodeled rooms are comfortable, clean and fresh. The only thing missing from the completed remodel on the first floor was a fridge and a microwave (the upper floors have them), which the staff quickly and courteously remedied at my request. I paid a premium because of a special event that weekend in Boston, but it was still reasonable. The halls were a little loud with normal conversations and doors closing. I am a very light sleeper so this may not be a problem for others.

The restaurant/bar is another story. The food is a C- at best: edible, but overcooked (chicken and fish dry on the edges) bar food. I'm not sure if the restaurant is affiliated with the hotel or just sharing its space. They do not allow anyone under 21 into the place on weekends after 9. This is inconvenient for families traveling with hungry, tired children, although you could take food to your room. There is a band that plays on the weekends, which I suppose is the reason for this restriction. The band is not worth the walk down the hall. They are bad. The fact that they played music I normally like only made it worse. The good news was that I couldn't hear them from my room at the other side of the hotel.

Bottom line: The hotel is clean and comfortable and staff is responsive and friendly, but don't count on the restaurant as a selling point.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

I was staying here as it was close to some places I was doing business. The hotel staff were pleasant and quick upon check in. The whole hotel smelled of being new. You know that paint just dried, carpet just set sort of smell. The elevator wasn't done yet. The walls were cool brushed metal, the carpet was taped down old stuff, but since I wasn't sleeping in the elevator,.... I didn't care.
The room was brand new. New furniture, new tile in the bathroom, new paint, new everything. Now it's not rock solid stuff. For example the desk, which had all the bells and whistles to plug your computer into, shook if you hit it in the wrong way. None-the-less, it was all good. The only thing missing was a safe. Still my laptop and all were still there each day. So safety wasn't an issue.
The bathroom's shower was nice. Here was a twist. The water flow handle was on the opposite wall of the shower head. At first I wasn't sure why, but then realized. You know when you're shampooing your hair, closing your eyes and your elbow hits the handle... and oooops the water is either freezing or burning you? Not here. The handle's on the other side! Good idea.
I knew it wasn't a Ritz, when I went for breakfast. The full serve yourself bar: fruit, make your own waffle, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, coffee... was $9.95. Yes, not $29 or $19, but $9. I splurged, the cold part was only $6.95.
So there you have it. For now, a beautiful, clean and inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I traveled in a group of 43 and we stayed at the Crowne Plaza. It had recently been remodeled, and the manager had made sure every staff member had a tour of the results. This instilled a group pride in their workplace, and every single employee including restaurant personnel said with delight, "Oh, the rooms are beautiful! YOu'll love it!" You can't buy that kind of P.R. And they were right. Rooms beautiful, staff involved and proud, everything right. Great location, too.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!