“Sleepless Nights” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
London, United Kingdom
“Sleepless Nights”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn is a spotlessly clean hotel with spacious rooms and incredibly comfortable beds. If you're planning to catch some sleep while you're here, though, you might be in for a bad surprise.

I "slept" at this hotel on Friday November 29th and Saturday November 30th 2013. Each night the hotel was hosting a different party (high-school reunions and similar) in its restaurant and conference area, with what I estimated to be at least 100 guests. Each night the parties' guests were screaming in the corridors across my room (on the third floor!) until 3-4 AM, making sleep virtually impossible. When I informed the staff about this, they told me they would send someone up - but the screaming continued nonetheless.

I expressed my displeasure at checkout, yet the staff was not proactive at all: they simply wondered why I hadn't asked for a change of room (at 3 AM??).

As there were two different parties over the weekend, I assume (I do not know for certain) that it is quite common for the hotel to host these kinds of events. I'm sure this is great for business (and the parties did sound fun), but unfortunately it is very detrimental to regular guests who would like to catch some sleep.

I travel to Woburn once or twice a year, and the Crowne Plaza - with its very comfortable beds, perfect cleanliness, good lighting, nice swimming-pool, fast wi-fi and ample parking lot - was a great candidate to become my reference hotel. Unfortunately, though, the staff's flat attitude in the face of a very well-grounded complaint make my return a very improbable possibility.

Room Tip: Before booking at this hotel, I recommend calling to ask whether there's going to be a party dow...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Stefano_Pataro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am disappointed to hear of the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. We take comments such as these seriously and have sent you a private message in effort to obtain further information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amenia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Although our room overlooked some of the mechcanicals, it was quiet. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was outstanding! The staff was friendly and outgoing. The only downside was the Scoreboard Restaurant which we found pricey for average fare.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Good news--this facility has had an internal facelift over the past couple of years and is very nice looking. There is a concierge floor with large rooms and goodies in the lounge. Only 20 minutes to Boston Logan and the restaurant is pretty decent and the staff very welcoming. Perhaps this last comment is the problem. On our last night stay the bar was so overcrowded they had to hand out wrist bands and the people hanging outside smoking and then crowding the elevator were just plain odd. Maybe they were extending Halloween but given how thin the walls are they were also into other "activities". Too bad because this location is perfect for visiting our family in Reading but I wouldn't bring my grandchildren to this place after what I saw. I'm not a prude but the management needs to set some standards for acceptable behavior besides handing out color coded wristbands!

Room Tip: Head to the concierge floor for the best of what this hotel offers--it is secure and only accessible...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is obviously well managed as the inside was spotless. Our room was large and accommodating and the hotel is placed right off the exit.
One of the reasons we booked here was the proximity to Boston proper, just minutes away from Harvard University and all the other surrounding sights.
Also, the hotel has a very large sports bar with great hamburgers and fries.
We would definitely come back.

Stayed October 2013
Woodinville, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our room was clean and very nicely appointed. A nice sitting area so you don't have to sit on the bed for everything. Bed was very comfortable. The location is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Not much amenities to be found unless going down the freeway a bit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2TravelRats
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Only good if you are in business in the area because is far away from everything. Rooms are very good, breakfast just ok, receptionists not very nice. Good sports bar.
It shares parking with a cinema. Saturday night i had to park far from the hotel entrance due to that, all park spaces were used.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pato_River
GMWoburn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Pato_River,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay will us. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest that stays with us. I am very sorry that during your visit we did not succeed.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. Please call me personally to make your reservation and I will do everything possible to be sure that your expectations are exceeded.

All the best,
Frank Vento
781-897-4050 direct line
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel because my reunion was being held there, and it was also convenient for my family to visit us during our weekend stay. The rooms were newly remodeled, and the decor and furnishing were very tasteful. We liked having the sofa as well as the kind size bed. The bed linens were a good quality. We were comfortable watching the large flat screen TV (another plus) while sitting on the sofa and having some snacks. There was a coffee pot and refrigerator that we used for snack food, yogurt and bottled water. There was also a very nice desk and chair with extra outlets for charging my tablet, camera, and cell phones. The bathroom was lovely with a large vanity with plenty of room for toiletries. The tub and shower was very nice.
It was a place that we would stay at again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marilynal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Residence Inn Boston Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!