“Excellent customer service; convenient location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn

Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Boulder, CO
“Excellent customer service; convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Comfortable beds. Free parking. Movie theater complex within walking distance.

We stayed at this hotel, as part of a room block, to attend a wedding nearby. Our family's reservation was particularly complex. The hotel was patient and gracious with us and found a flexible solution to our needs.

Attentive housekeepers noticed we needed more towels and shampoo without our even asking.

A front desk clerk offered to get a to-go hamburger for my child when the restaurant was closed for an adults-only party.

Drawbacks:

* The soundproofing was poor. The noise from halls and nearby rooms was pronounced. A running sink sounded as loud as a shower.
* The restaurant is only so-so and is pricey. The wait staff seemed new and/or disorganized; there were mistakes with food orders and sometimes long waits. The breakfast buffet is expensive for what you get; you'd do better to order off the menu.
* During our stay, the restaurant hosted a couple of adults-only events with live music in the restaurant. These events were drawing people from outside the hotel, including some folks who were clearly under-the-influence.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We didn't think to do that and ended up with a lot of hall noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
salem ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I surprised my daughter and boyfriend by treating them to a weekend. When I spoke to the girl at the front desk, she upgraded them to the executive floor with a beautiful room that was more like a suite. Everything was sparkling and newly renovated. A sports bar with great food and TV's
are attached and a movie theater is only a 50 yd walk. They also have complimentary
transportation to the Burlington mall. My daughter told me that it was the best birthday she ever had!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SalemMaRinaldo
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Overall, this hotel is very clean hotel with friendly staff. The huge plus is has it the locals restaurant/bar it has attached to the hotel too. The restaurant has good food, drinks and a great atmosphere. The one freakish scenario we ran into was where our room was located. We were on the first floor, and around 2am to 3am, an assumably drunk person (unidentified) was pounding on our hotel room door for a solid 15 minutes. You can't avoid drunks on vacation, but I'd imagine if we weren't on the first floor (same a lobby), we probably wouldn't have had that issue, so I'd request a different floor next time. If you're looking for a hotel that's more in suburbia or small town outside of the city, then this is a good hotel for you. It's about 20-30 minutes into Boston with no traffic, and about 45 min with weekday morning, rush hour traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bradley B
GMWoburn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Bradley B,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn. I was please to read that you enjoyed your experience. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by another guest, this is a very rare occurrence. I have discussed your comments with our over night security staff to be on the look out to avoid this happening again in the future. I we look forward to you visiting again soon.

All the best,
Frank Vento
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

This review is late (stayed July) because I stayed a few months prior and trip advisor wouldn't allow another review. Because this hotel is so clean and comfortable, I have to write this. Both times I stayed requested a quiet room and they never fail to deliver. Hotel was renovated recently and they did a great job. It's a short drive to downtown with some good restaurants. This time my sister accompanied me (she's pickier than I am) and she had nothing but good things to say.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Recently me and my daughter spent a few nights in this hotel. We were impressed with the overall appearance and cleanliness of the hotel in general. Our room certainly met our expectations. Room service and food exceeded our expectations, although the service in the restaurant was a bit slow. The best part of our trip was our encounter with the ladies at the front desk. First of all, being a woman traveling alone with my daughter the extension of excellent customer service is one area that really stands out and makes a huge difference. From the warm smiles we were greeted with by Alexis and Tiffany, to the helpful hints from Alexis of where to eat in the area, where to shop, fun things to do with my daughter, etc. The list goes on... I had the pleasure of encountering these ladies several times and they were just as nice each and every time. Alexis went above and beyond in the area of client satisfaction from the minute we walked through the door till the minute we checked out. We travel often and sometimes if you have seen one hotel, you have seen them all. This is why exceptional customer service is key in the hospitality field. Crowne Plaza Woburn - goal accomplished with these two gems. Look forward to staying again when I am in the area. Thank you Alexis and Tiffany.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kara M
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn is a spotlessly clean hotel with spacious rooms and incredibly comfortable beds. If you're planning to catch some sleep while you're here, though, you might be in for a bad surprise.

I "slept" at this hotel on Friday November 29th and Saturday November 30th 2013. Each night the hotel was hosting a different party (high-school reunions and similar) in its restaurant and conference area, with what I estimated to be at least 100 guests. Each night the parties' guests were screaming in the corridors across my room (on the third floor!) until 3-4 AM, making sleep virtually impossible. When I informed the staff about this, they told me they would send someone up - but the screaming continued nonetheless.

I expressed my displeasure at checkout, yet the staff was not proactive at all: they simply wondered why I hadn't asked for a change of room (at 3 AM??).

As there were two different parties over the weekend, I assume (I do not know for certain) that it is quite common for the hotel to host these kinds of events. I'm sure this is great for business (and the parties did sound fun), but unfortunately it is very detrimental to regular guests who would like to catch some sleep.

I travel to Woburn once or twice a year, and the Crowne Plaza - with its very comfortable beds, perfect cleanliness, good lighting, nice swimming-pool, fast wi-fi and ample parking lot - was a great candidate to become my reference hotel. Unfortunately, though, the staff's flat attitude in the face of a very well-grounded complaint make my return a very improbable possibility.

Room Tip: Before booking at this hotel, I recommend calling to ask whether there's going to be a party dow...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Stefano_Pataro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am disappointed to hear of the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. We take comments such as these seriously and have sent you a private message in effort to obtain further information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Amenia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Although our room overlooked some of the mechcanicals, it was quiet. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was outstanding! The staff was friendly and outgoing. The only downside was the Scoreboard Restaurant which we found pricey for average fare.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Residence Inn Boston Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!