“Could Be So Much Better”

Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
“Could Be So Much Better”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel management needs to address some customer service issues. The young lady at the front desk was unfriendly and seemed disinterested in checking us in. She didn't even direct me to our rooms or tell us where things in the hotel were located. She didn't once smile and gave very little eye contact. Other staff were friendlier, but no one really made us feel welcome. The attitude of the front desk is especially important and I would highly recommend the hotel manager address this.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Val H
GMWoburn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Val H,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn during your recent visit to the Boston area. I also appreciate that you took the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. I apologize that you did not have a positive experience at check in. Our number one priority throughout the hotel is to provide above and beyond friendly service to our guest that exceeds their expectations.

I have reviewed your comments and experience with John Ionta, our Guest Service Manager and Jake Beaubier, our Front Desk Supervisor so they can use your comments as a tool in our weekly front desk service training meeting.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your recent experience in more detail, please call me.

All the best,
Frank Vento
781-897-4050
fvento@cpbos.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stay here frequently for business. I am always greeted in such a friendly manner. The front desk crew there is spectacular! They have a driver that takes me to work in the area who is reliable and a very nice person. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Housekeeping is never intrusive and they have never disturbed my mornings. They have the restaurant bar, Scoreboard attached to the hotel so if you need to follow your sports while on the road you are all set or if you need to continue working there is room service. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have the option stay on the executive level.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nettie H
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Crown Plaza as a home base for day trips into New England and it has excellent access to freeways and services. Our room was at the end of one hallway and the exterior door, which people entered and exited all day and night, slammed with great force and noise with some frequency. The room was clean and relatively large. I understand why they don't line the garbage cans (saving plastic bags, I assume) but it still grossed me out a little bit. One day we had gone touring about 8:30 a.m. and upon returning to our room at 3:00, it had been partially cleaned (i.e. garbage cans moved and emptied, sitting in the middle of the room, dirty towels out) but not finished so we just asked them for towels and made the bed ourselves. I was a little surprised since it appeared that many people had checked out that day so it seemed odd that our room was the last to be finished. Those are all really minor concerns overall, though. This room was an absolute bargain compared to places in Boston proper and met our needs completely. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Excellent hotel with an EXCEPTIONAL staff! Clean and quiet rooms. Good set up for the hotel restaurant and bar. But the gem of the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn is the staff - friendly, professional, and definitely tuned into ensuring that guests enjoy their stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Just a quick review here. I would say that this hotel is a great option if you want to save a few bucks and don't mind being a little north of the city.

Staff was very friendly, restaurant/sports bar attached to hotel is more than adequate, movie theatre right next door as well. Plus, downtown Woburn is just a mile down the road for some great dining options as well.

Rooms were vey clean, wifi worked well, and it was quite at night. All in all a great stay and I will certainly be back if I'm in the area again for business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
New York City
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We checked in a few minutes before 11PM on April 5th '14, and we wanted to know if we could get some food at the attached sports bar. Since it closes at 11, the person at the front desk called them to make sure they stay open until we are done checking in, which was nice.

The sports bar had a good dinner option and was quite bustling on Saturday night; but even though it was loud inside, my room was super quiet.

The room itself was perfectly clean, looked new (the entire hotel interiors look newly renovated), and was very comfortable.

The free breakfast I had the next morning was not the best, there were limited options and the food wasn't really appetizing.

Checking out was quick and easy, but the person checking us out (April 6th '14 around 10:30AM) looked grumpy, and was generally unfriendly and curt.

All in all, it was a good stay, especially for the price and it being only 15 minutes from Boston.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Comfortable beds. Free parking. Movie theater complex within walking distance.

We stayed at this hotel, as part of a room block, to attend a wedding nearby. Our family's reservation was particularly complex. The hotel was patient and gracious with us and found a flexible solution to our needs.

Attentive housekeepers noticed we needed more towels and shampoo without our even asking.

A front desk clerk offered to get a to-go hamburger for my child when the restaurant was closed for an adults-only party.

Drawbacks:

* The soundproofing was poor. The noise from halls and nearby rooms was pronounced. A running sink sounded as loud as a shower.
* The restaurant is only so-so and is pricey. The wait staff seemed new and/or disorganized; there were mistakes with food orders and sometimes long waits. The breakfast buffet is expensive for what you get; you'd do better to order off the menu.
* During our stay, the restaurant hosted a couple of adults-only events with live music in the restaurant. These events were drawing people from outside the hotel, including some folks who were clearly under-the-influence.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We didn't think to do that and ended up with a lot of hall noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family