“Nice hotel for the money”

Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of our recently renovated room on the third floor. As stated in many reviews, stay as far away from the sports bar as possible as it is incredibly loud on Friday and Saturday nights. Great value for being so close to Boston. We will definitely stay here the next time we are visiting the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMWoburn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Ethergoddess,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Boston area. We also appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review of your stay. I was please to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and your overall experience at the hotel.

Please visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I Stayed here for a week for training that was close to the hotel. I read reviews before coming here about the loudness and drunks on the first floor wandering the halls and beating on doors, so I requested a higher room before I arrived. They put me on the 3rd floor,and I have to say I never heard a noise the entire week. The rooms were nicely decorated and very comfortable. The shower had great pressure, and the room was cleaned daily. Eating at the sports bar downstairs was great. I thought the food was great and every waitress was very nice. I never once witnessed a " drunk" wandering around. The fitness room had everything I needed. Only issue I had was getting a shuttle bus arranged to pick me up from training to take me to the airport on my last day, and the lady on the phone (Judy ?) was pretty rude to me. Also, there is not much to do in the area near the hotel. If I am ever in the area again I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Ltz400

Dear Ltz400,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn. I was please to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel comfortable. i apologize that you encountered difficulty when calling for our shuttle service, I have asked our guest service manager to look into the difficulty you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel management needs to address some customer service issues. The young lady at the front desk was unfriendly and seemed disinterested in checking us in. She didn't even direct me to our rooms or tell us where things in the hotel were located. She didn't once smile and gave very little eye contact. Other staff were friendlier, but no one really made us feel welcome. The attitude of the front desk is especially important and I would highly recommend the hotel manager address this.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Val H
GMWoburn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Val H,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn during your recent visit to the Boston area. I also appreciate that you took the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. I apologize that you did not have a positive experience at check in. Our number one priority throughout the hotel is to provide above and beyond friendly service to our guest that exceeds their expectations.

I have reviewed your comments and experience with John Ionta, our Guest Service Manager and Jake Beaubier, our Front Desk Supervisor so they can use your comments as a tool in our weekly front desk service training meeting.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your recent experience in more detail, please call me.

781-897-4050
fvento@cpbos.com

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stay here frequently for business. I am always greeted in such a friendly manner. The front desk crew there is spectacular! They have a driver that takes me to work in the area who is reliable and a very nice person. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Housekeeping is never intrusive and they have never disturbed my mornings. They have the restaurant bar, Scoreboard attached to the hotel so if you need to follow your sports while on the road you are all set or if you need to continue working there is room service. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have the option stay on the executive level.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nettie H
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Crown Plaza as a home base for day trips into New England and it has excellent access to freeways and services. Our room was at the end of one hallway and the exterior door, which people entered and exited all day and night, slammed with great force and noise with some frequency. The room was clean and relatively large. I understand why they don't line the garbage cans (saving plastic bags, I assume) but it still grossed me out a little bit. One day we had gone touring about 8:30 a.m. and upon returning to our room at 3:00, it had been partially cleaned (i.e. garbage cans moved and emptied, sitting in the middle of the room, dirty towels out) but not finished so we just asked them for towels and made the bed ourselves. I was a little surprised since it appeared that many people had checked out that day so it seemed odd that our room was the last to be finished. Those are all really minor concerns overall, though. This room was an absolute bargain compared to places in Boston proper and met our needs completely. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Excellent hotel with an EXCEPTIONAL staff! Clean and quiet rooms. Good set up for the hotel restaurant and bar. But the gem of the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn is the staff - friendly, professional, and definitely tuned into ensuring that guests enjoy their stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Just a quick review here. I would say that this hotel is a great option if you want to save a few bucks and don't mind being a little north of the city.

Staff was very friendly, restaurant/sports bar attached to hotel is more than adequate, movie theatre right next door as well. Plus, downtown Woburn is just a mile down the road for some great dining options as well.

Rooms were vey clean, wifi worked well, and it was quite at night. All in all a great stay and I will certainly be back if I'm in the area again for business.