“Weak points are...”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Rome, Italy
“Weak points are...”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel very very nice recommended. ...but I would like to request the hotel direction to take care at the negative parts in order to improve and possibly get my 5th star on the review:
- do not install ice vending machine they are power expensive, useless, terribly noisy
- improve breakfast as it is of low standard
- I requested the taxi for the airport and unfortunately I didn't ask how much it could have costed. I spent 75 usd! Really a lot of money considering the distance. Please check if there was an abuse

Reccomended anyway: very good rooms, nice exercise room and pool.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a nice hotel but it was not built to be a Crowne Plaza. It started out as a Holiday Inn Select. The location is in an industrial park off I95. Rooms are nice and clean but during the update to Crowne things like the refrigerators in the room were removed or at least one can see where they used to be or are supposed to be. Fitness room is average for a hotel and there is an indoor pool. The hotel is not very busy and I would hope for their sake it sees higher occupancy than I have witnessed so far. If you are on business in the area this could work out well. If you are on vacation sight seeing find somewhere else. The staff is pleasant and tries hard to please.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Roy B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Your kind words about our staff will definitely keep us motivated to continuously provide excellent service to our guests.

Your detailed comments about the room conditions are highly appreciated. I apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience. We will address these points and hope when you return, you will see the improvements made. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Woburn.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My Girlfriend and I booked this hotel because we was going to stay at Boston. We saw that it was only a 15 minutes drive and it was much cheaper than the hotels in the actual city of Boston. It was a pleasant stayed. This hotel is clean, large, nice decorated and has friendly staff members. I will definitely booked again another stayed at this hotel. With a large parking lot and a nice clean pool I really enjoy this hotel, one of the reason's why am I looking forward in going to Massachusetts again is to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the second floor were quiet and large
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rafy41
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff was so
Accommodating, it was a great stay, pool was fun, beds were very clean and comfortable and scoreboard was yummy, staff was very pleasant, made for a nice stay, convienent to highway, movies, restaurants

• Stayed April 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of our recently renovated room on the third floor. As stated in many reviews, stay as far away from the sports bar as possible as it is incredibly loud on Friday and Saturday nights. Great value for being so close to Boston. We will definitely stay here the next time we are visiting the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMWoburn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Ethergoddess,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Boston area. We also appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review of your stay. I was please to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and your overall experience at the hotel.

Please visit us again soon.

Newark, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I Stayed here for a week for training that was close to the hotel. I read reviews before coming here about the loudness and drunks on the first floor wandering the halls and beating on doors, so I requested a higher room before I arrived. They put me on the 3rd floor,and I have to say I never heard a noise the entire week. The rooms were nicely decorated and very comfortable. The shower had great pressure, and the room was cleaned daily. Eating at the sports bar downstairs was great. I thought the food was great and every waitress was very nice. I never once witnessed a " drunk" wandering around. The fitness room had everything I needed. Only issue I had was getting a shuttle bus arranged to pick me up from training to take me to the airport on my last day, and the lady on the phone (Judy ?) was pretty rude to me. Also, there is not much to do in the area near the hotel. If I am ever in the area again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ltz400
Dear Ltz400,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn. I was please to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel comfortable. i apologize that you encountered difficulty when calling for our shuttle service, I have asked our guest service manager to look into the difficulty you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel management needs to address some customer service issues. The young lady at the front desk was unfriendly and seemed disinterested in checking us in. She didn't even direct me to our rooms or tell us where things in the hotel were located. She didn't once smile and gave very little eye contact. Other staff were friendlier, but no one really made us feel welcome. The attitude of the front desk is especially important and I would highly recommend the hotel manager address this.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Val H
GMWoburn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Val H,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn during your recent visit to the Boston area. I also appreciate that you took the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. I apologize that you did not have a positive experience at check in. Our number one priority throughout the hotel is to provide above and beyond friendly service to our guest that exceeds their expectations.

I have reviewed your comments and experience with John Ionta, our Guest Service Manager and Jake Beaubier, our Front Desk Supervisor so they can use your comments as a tool in our weekly front desk service training meeting.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your recent experience in more detail, please call me.

781-897-4050
fvento@cpbos.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!