“The friendliest staff anywhere!”

Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was part of a 84 person group. The staff was ready, friendly and not at all overwhelmed by our numbers. The young man in charge of the bar at night stayed late in order to serve those of us who straggled in late after a long day. Tom who was in charge of our breakfast buffet every morning went out of his way to make sure that we always had every thing we needed. Our room was spacious, clean with a mini fridge and microwave. The communal area was comfortable and we always felt welcomed. A group of us spent most of our evenings outside enjoying the lovely patio and taking dips in the pool. The hotel has it's own coffee shop and cafe and there are plenty of eating and shopping opportunities within walking distance, including a grocery and liquor store. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to have your own food on hand, be sure to request a room with a microwave and fridge. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank smvoegtlin
Craig R, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Our team very much enjoyed hosting your group during your stay! Thank you for the kind words and we hope your travels bring you back to our hotel! I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to Tom as well. Thanks again! Craig

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was the 4th hotel I've tried out in the area and I thought it was a winner back in 2006. I've stayed there numerous times between 2006-2008 and it was an automatic choice this time.

Not much has changed in the rooms in the 6 years since I last came here and that's fine. They are comfortable, lots of power outlets with a fridge (but no microwave oven). The big disappointment is that there is no great included breakfast anymore. They replaced their dining facility with a "Bistro" with pricey cook-to-order food and Starbucks coffee. Now a single bowl of oatmeal is $4+, a decent hot breakfast is upwards of $10 and a cup of coffee is $3. Not bad if you are on a business trip with an expense account or on per diem, but if you are on a personal trip or a family, it's going to be tough. Plus it's just annoying to fork out money when you weren't expecting it.

The Bistro idea may be good for off hours other than breakfast, but personally that doesn't make up for it for me.

From a pure "just want a room" perspective, it is still a very good hotel. The hotel staff was pleasant, friendly and helpful. Even though it is in a really noisy area with construction, traffic and the highway nearby, I've never heard any of that noise in the hotel or inside the rooms. The A/C is quiet enough that it can cycle on and off throughout the night and not be a problem. The desks are spacious enough to get work done comfortably even with a big LCD TV on the side. The beds are comfortable and firm. My shower had really low water pressure, but for the few nights I was staying this time, I wasn't going to raise a ruckus over it.

The conveniently located TGI Fridays next door is gone and it looks like the Seadog Brew Pub that replaced it is now closed, but there are plenty of decent restaurants within close driving distance if you do your research and check before you go out otherwise you might think there is not much nearby.

I'll be going out to the Bedford/Burlington/Lincoln/Concord area quite a few more times in the near future and will start checking out other hotels.

Room Tip: Don't get a lower floor room if you intend to have the drapes open on the Northeast or Northwest...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Allegro1
Craig R, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel! I am happy to read that you were satisfied with many aspects of your stay - including pleasant staff interactions, comfortable room with plenty of outlets, fridge, quiet air conditioning, and spacious work desk. We also do have microwaves in many of our rooms so please request one if you return. I regret that our new Bistro does not meet your needs. While many of our guests love the convenience of Starbucks all day long and the option to enjoy a full bar each evevning without leaving the hotel, as well as our breakfast and dinner menus, Marriott always takes all guest comments very seriously. The Bistro menu continues to evolve over time based on comments such as yours to ensure we are providing a menu that makes you want to come back again and again! We also offer Stay for Breakfast packages on our website that could save you money. I hope that we can earn your "top of the list" recommended hotel in the future!

Warm regards,
Craig

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel offers the classic good service and clean rooms I depend on from Marriott. What I love is the age and quality of the building and rooms. Like going back in time. Must have been one of the first Courtyards and is a real gem!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about our rooms and service! I am glad that you enjoyed the charm of this Colonial building that has been converted to a different kind of Courtyard - with all of the great service and standards you expect from Marrriott! Please come again!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very unhappy with reservation process. Person was from another country and I needed to repeat every thing several times. I got so frustrated that I asked to cancel reservation but she said that she already inputted credit card information. It took 14 minutes to process which should have taken 5 minutes.
The hotel itself was wonderful. Staff pleasant, hotel clean etc. I would certainly stay in this hotel again but not go through the central reservation system which must be in India or else ware. Manger suggests to call hotel directly at 781-932-3200.
Our room was clean and comfortable. It comes with a microwave, refrigerator, sitting area. The Bistro was good for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmoroney
Craig R, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our reservation team would be happy to assist you directly for your next booking. Please visit again!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was there for 3 nights in April. The room was a little small, but otherwise nicely furnished and clean. The heating/AC unit is extremely quiet. I probably would have preferred a little white noise given the bathroom above my room was very audible. The staff was wonderful and the food, while pretty simple, was good. They went out of their way to help and accommodate my schedule. Given I've spent time in a number of the hotels in Burlington, this is one of the best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bumper1965
Craig R, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the service and the food offerings in The Bistro! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and please visit again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This Courtyard is well off the freeway and has a number of good amenities, including in-room coffee, a pool, and a nice bistro with coffee and breakfast service. It is bright and cheery on the inside (in contrast to the red brick on the outside). The only drawback is that it isn't really close to any stores or restaurants, so you have to drive everywhere. But the bed was super comfortable with a ton of pillows, so the sleep quality was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel! Two new restaurants will be opening across the street and next door to the hotel in the coming months. Please contact the hotel front desk for updates on their progress.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had booked a King room which quiet and comfortable. There are plenty of nearby eateries close by.. The staff was helpful and friendly. We will stay here again on our next outing. We have stayed in this area many times at different Hotels and have now found our favorite.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flora H
Craig R, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to be your favorite! Please visit us again!