“Small but nice”

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Woods Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: Internationally renowned marine biology research center.
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I took our 2 children here. It's a small little museum even with the 2 floors, but the displays were interesting and we enjoyed our time there. We were there on the off season, so found a close place to park, but I can see how it would be impossible to find a parking place during the summer. Admission is free, although we left a donation.

There are newer reviews for Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have a few relatives that have worked at WHOI over my lifetiime. WHOI is near and dear to my heart and all that it stands for.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I really wanted to see a seal, so I knew that would have one here. The attraction is free with a suggested donation. We had a really good time, getting a chance to see up close all the fish and other creatures you can see in the ocean around Cape Cod. There is also a petting area where you can touch a starfish and other sea life. Oh, and I found a seal, two to be exact. They were playful and fun to watch, We missed feeding time which I believe is at 4PM. Nice chance to learn about the ocean and spend an hour.

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our guide made WHOI come alive -- He was knowledgeable and friendly. A+

We liked it all and even got to see the Knoor docked for repairs. We would have loved to been able to go aboard for a closer look!

1  Thank Cestmoidm
Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you there during the summer, make sure you get on the list for the behind the scenes tour. It was amazing!