“Learn about the local fish and habitat”

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Woods Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: Internationally renowned marine biology research center.
Truckee, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Learn about the local fish and habitat”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We enjoyed this aquarium which featured lots of local fish in tanks. You could also go behind the wall to view the tanks from the other side, as well as watch the feeding of the seals. Small and interesting!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MaxandKrista

Enfield, Connecticut
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Small but nice”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I took our 2 children here. It's a small little museum even with the 2 floors, but the displays were interesting and we enjoyed our time there. We were there on the off season, so found a close place to park, but I can see how it would be impossible to find a parking place during the summer. Admission is free, although we left a donation.

Visited October 2013
South Dennis, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Family history here for me”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have a few relatives that have worked at WHOI over my lifetiime. WHOI is near and dear to my heart and all that it stands for.

Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit...”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I really wanted to see a seal, so I knew that would have one here. The attraction is free with a suggested donation. We had a really good time, getting a chance to see up close all the fish and other creatures you can see in the ocean around Cape Cod. There is also a petting area where you can touch a starfish and other sea life. Oh, and I found a seal, two to be exact. They were playful and fun to watch, We missed feeding time which I believe is at 4PM. Nice chance to learn about the ocean and spend an hour.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank John B
Franklin, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour of WHOI”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our guide made WHOI come alive -- He was knowledgeable and friendly. A+

We liked it all and even got to see the Knoor docked for repairs. We would have loved to been able to go aboard for a closer look!

Visited July 2013