“Nice break in the trip”

Aquarium of the National Marine Fisheries
Ranked #6 of 13 things to do in Woods Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest aquarium in the U.S. emphasizes learning activities for children.
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We enjoyed our stop here as we toured downtown Woods Hole on our vacation in June 2013. We read about the Aquarium from our book and we were not disappointed. I love true and accurate guide books, it is so helpful so as you won't waste valuable time on sites that are not so hot. The displays of varied sea creatures was educational and well done. I was keep totally attentive the whole time I was there.

4  Thank 299PFrank

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is a good place to go on a rainy day as we did but it does not take long to go round. I think it might have been free so nothing to lose by popping in!

1  Thank TheJollySmiths
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Another must-do for families staying in or around Falmouth. We rented bicycles in Falmouth & took the Shining Sea Bikeway to Woods Hole & enjoyed this free! aquarium. It's very small but is actually a great size for the littlest ones.
We got there at 11am -- the time they feed the 2 seals (11 am & 4 pm). This was really special to see because you can get so close to them & they do a great job explaining what they're doing & about seals & how these 2 arrived at the aquarium.
There's also a small area where kids can touch star fish & crabs, which our son greatly enjoyed.
Such a fun spot for families.

3  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I've been going to the Wood's Hole Aquarium for ages, first as a young adult, then with my children and now with my grandchild. It's a wonderful experience for child and adult alike. Check the times so you can arrive to see the two harbor seals being fed. This is a real treat. They are beautiful animals to watch swim and perform . The first floor is devoted to sea life behind glass enclosures. The second floor has some hands on areas which is great for the kids. It's a small aquarium but very well run and educational...and it's FREE.

4  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Free and awesome. Grandparents and parents should take advantage of this wonderful spot. So much to see and learn from. Not a world class aquarium but a true learning experience in a "true" place of learning. I love the setting... the ships that are used to do the exploration/experimentation are docked for you to see. Very inspirational!

4  Thank DebTrips