“New England Trip 2013”
Review of Woods Hole Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This B&B can be a model for others to emulate. Rooms are very nice and well decorated with personal touches that really make you feel welcome. The staff is top notch and worked as a team each day to make guests feel like family. Being a former inn owner I know what it takes to make a B&B successful and Beth and crew set the mark/goal very high for other B&B's to reach.

Beth and crew, thanks again for a great visit and hope you have continued success.

Room Tip: We had Room 10 with a view of the street but it was very quite and cozy. We loved it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BCGosnold, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thanks so much, Sam and Marsha, for coming all the way up here from the Bayou. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both, and to share our common history with the name "Woods Hole Inn" For the curious reader, take a look at our blog and learn all about Sam and Marsha's scary experience in Hurricane Katrina, and their recent trip up here to give me the sign that once graced their property. America is filled with good people, and you guys are among the best. I feel incredibly lucky that the serendipity of the name Woods Hole Inn brought us together.

I hope you come back, and next time bring the whole family! Or maybe I'll have to just do what you did in reverse -- hop in the car and drive four days south to see you!

Sending my very best -

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I shared a wonderful weekend in Woods Hole and the Inn was perfect. Spacious, clean and a comfortable room was second only the exceedingly helpful staff which went above and beyond duty. In particular Amanda, Rachel, and Chester were outstanding! Very good breakfast.

We have travelled extensively throughout the country staying in many top shelf hotel/resorts of which the Woods Hole Inn compares very favorably. The perfect stay for a jump off point for Martha’s Vineyard. You will not be disappointed with this property; we will plan on returning to this property in the future.

Tobias T

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks Tobias -- this is a great review and we appreciate it. I do hope you are good to your word and come back as we would all love to see you again!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My trip to Martha's Vineyard, to visit a friend, was a bit complicated to coordinate. I planned to travel by train and bus from Buffalo, New York. Timing was everything and I was not sure I would be able to make the last ferry of the day(also first ferry on Monday) so I needed a place to stay overnight on both ends of my weekend. I can only say that from the moment I walked in ,weary from 18 hours of travel , I felt like I arrived at the most wonderful, comfortable oasis possible. Having stayed at numerous hotels, B&B's and resorts, I can honestly say that Woods Hole Inn has become my all time favorite. Everything from the helpful staff, creative decorating and delicious food (they even packed me breakfast to go- who ever heard of that?) was beyond my expectations. Don't tell my Vineyard friend, but my stay at Woods Hole Inn was the highlight of my weekend.
Bea S

Room Tip: I enjoyed room #11 on the front street side. More like a suite- nautical decorating theme- very...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Villageartist

Hi Bea -

"Comfortable oasis" was just what we were going for when we designed the place, so I am deeply appreciative that you used those words. This is a lovely review and we are so grateful. Don't tell your Vineyard friend... just come back and see us again! Shhhh:)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our stay was short, we were just stopping by on our way for a fishing trip. We had to leave the hotel at 3am, and they were kind enough to put a to go breakfast in the refrigerator for us. Fantastic location, would love to come back for a long stay.

Hi Mom of Three -

I wish you didn't have to leave so early (although that fishing trip sounds fun) but I am glad to hear you took advantage of our offer for a to-go breakfast. It's not quite as elaborate as the hot spread we put out starting at 8 am daily, but a hunk of quiche and a slab of pound cake can be pretty satisfying when you have to leave for that fishing extravaganza in the dark! Vineyard Sound and Buzzards Bay (which we look out on here) are some of the best fishing spots in the whole US, so I hope you caught a few Striped Bass or Bluefish.

And I hope you get a chance to come back someday and see us in daylight:)

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were married on a beautiful October weekend in Woods Hole. The Woods Hole Inn served as our base. The inn was warm, inviting and comforting. The staff were friendly, hospitable and went out of their way to make it a great weekend. Very nice, clean and comfortable rooms. Huge breakfasts. Conveniently located to all the local sites (ferry, restaurants, aquarium, park, oceanographic institute)

Room Tip: there is no fitness center

Ronald -

It was a pleasure to be a part of your wonderful wedding this October. I am so glad the staff was helpful, and we hope you will consider us for future anniversary gatherings as October is one of the best months on Cape Cod.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

On a recent trip to New England with my daughter, we had the privilege of staying three nights at the Woods Hole Inn. Everything was perfect. First, it was the cleanest hotel/inn in which I have ever stayed. The breakfast food was really delicious and served in a warm and friendly room with windows from which we observed the harbor. Beautiful! Our room was spacious; the bathroom was large and very pretty; and our room had a private deck that overlooked the harbor. We did love that spot and only wished we could have stayed another week or maybe a month. And, of course, last but definitely not least were those friendly and very helpful people who ran the inn. They always had a smile and an offer of help, if needed. If I am fortunate to visit Cape Cod again, the Woods Hole Inn is the ONLY place I will stay. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The Penzance room was our room and we loved it. It is a beautiful room with a king-sized bed and th...

Hi Charlotte -

Thank you so much for this rave review of the Penzance Room which is a premium king room with deluxe oversized bath and private balcony with water views. I am so glad you had three full days to enjoy the view from there, and I hope you will come back and visit us again one day.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We only stayed for one night, but I wish we were there for a week. This is not a resort, it is not a hotel, it is an Inn, and it tells you everything about the place it is, the community it rests in, and the people who care for you while you are there.

We had a pair of rooms on the first floor joined by a shared bathroom. This was perfect for our two teenaged boys and us. If we were there alone we would have chosen a room on the upper floors, a little quieter and a little removed from the action. But for a family overnight, being in around the corner from the breakfast traffic and having a chess room, a living room, and a little dining room just outside our door was perfect.

We had dinner at the Quicks Hole taco joint downstairs. Fantastic shrimp quesadillas and mac & cheese with lobster. Before dinner I borrowed a bike for a quick ride along the Shining Sea Bike Path.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are upstairs.

Hi Colin -

Thanks so much for this kind review and I am so glad to hear you got a chance to experience the rail trail that starts at our door plus shrimp quesadillas from Quicks Hole. Sorry I did not see you myself, but thanks for sharing your positive experience and hope to see you Nell and the boys soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woods Hole
Captain's Manor Inn
Captain's Manor Inn
#1 of 9 in Falmouth
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House

Been to Woods Hole Inn? Share your experiences!