“Incredible Weekend at Woods Hole Inn!”
Review of Woods Hole Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
“Incredible Weekend at Woods Hole Inn!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just returned from our long weekend at The Woods Hole Inn, and I can't say enough how fantastic our stay was! The Nobska Room was awesome, with a great view of the harbor, the décor and amenities were second to none. The breakfasts were just delectable, all home made and delicious. I also want to commend Beth and her staff for making us feel like family, and not guests, they just could not do enough for us to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I want to thank you all for creating wonderful memories for Lisa and myself. We will be back and thank you!

Lisa and Lee -

You guys are great, and I am so happy that the water view Nobska room suited you both. Our favorite moment of your visit was when Lee surprised Lisa with the dozen red roses we supplied and she burst into tears. These moments are so priceless, and we we happy to be a small part of your romantic getaway.

Thanks for this nice review, and I do hope to see you soon in Woods Hole.

Woods Hole MA 02543

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Orange, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Incredibly friendly staff, wonderful breakfast, and the room was amazing! I went for a weekend getaway with my girlfriend and was so incredibly happy with everything at the inn. I stayed in one of the "suites" and the room was very spacious, clean, and the view was great! Honestly, I did not want to leave!

Hey Jason --

Thanks so much for this great review! It was a pleasure meeting you both, and I am so glad it felt like home for you. Traveling to far flung places is fun and exciting, but having that feeling of welcome at the end of a day is a real treat and we are happy to hear that the Woods Hole Inn provided that for you.

I hope to see you again soon in Woods Hole.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for the long weekend. It was like being at home. The bed was so comfortable and the room was so clean and sizable. The breakfast was such a delight- Beth the inn owner cooks like she could open up a breakfast cafe. The staff were warm and helpful and the guest were all very personable.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeffada -

I loved meeting you both, and I adore this photos you took of the welcome cheese platter and the Prosecco you enjoyed in your room at check in! Thanks so much for choosing the Woods Hole Inn, and I sincerely hope to see you both again soon.

Ghent, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had the only pet-friendly room in the inn, which at one time had been a gift shop, so was very small. It was one of the more expensive rooms, plus we had to pay an extra $50 each night for our cat. We tried to also take out the connecting room, but were told that because the animal-friendly room had to be steam-cleaned after each use, we were constrained to the one small room with only a queen bed, despite our offering to pay not only for the additional room but also for the steam cleaning. The room stank of dog, so the "steam-cleaning" was an outright lie. The rug obviously was never cleaned. The (very small) television was broken (my husband played around with it and eventually got it to work as the man who was supposed to be looking for another one never came back). The Inn serves breakfast, so I planned on staying in the room so that the housekeepers could clean the room without fear of our cat getting out. We were told that we were not going to get any housekeeping, as one of the girls was violently allergic to cats, and the other one was . . . well, violently afraid of cats! (I guess the best excuse had already been taken.) We cheerfully said "no problem, why don't you just give us the clean sheets and we'll change the bed." To which they responded that there WERE no more clean linens!

The Inn makes a big deal of their special sheets, which are of typical motel/hotel quality, and of their bathrobes, which are thin and scratchy. And which they quite clearly state they will charge your credit card for if they are not there upon your leave-taking. The first night I put one on, only to find that there was no tie with which to close it. I wore it for awhile, until I passed by the mirror and saw the dried, caked crud on it. Obviously, it had been used and not cleaned. The second robe did have a tie to it.

They also warn people that the street traffic can be a bit noisy at night - this is a party town, after all - so SOUND MACHINES and AIR CONDITIONERS are provided to every room to help drown out the noise . . . except, of course, for the rather expensive animal-friendly room. I do not know about the others. Thank goodness we each had our MP3 players with head phones.

Do not think that the breakfast they show on the website is what you will get . . . and get there early, as the food runs out fast and is cold an hour after breakfast time begins. The best part of breakfast was scrambled eggs and some cold sausage links. Certainly not the fancy fritatas the website shows. Nor the quiche and mini sticky buns.

The Inn itself is pretty, but so is our own home. This was my first time to Cape Cod, and I certainly never wish to return. The restaurant in the bottom of the inn was singularly unappealing; the odor coming from it turned my stomach. They advertise sitting right at the wharf, enjoying sangria and salsa - the reality was that there was a tiny triangle of outdoor decking, enough for only two tables, and all you could see was the entrance to the ferry about a block away.

We stayed for three (very expensive) nights, and the best time we had was when I went down the town's street to a pub, ordered two chicken sandwiches to go, and cuddled in the tiny bed with my husband and cat.

Thank you, Woods Hole Inn, for ruining the Cape Cod experience.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you wish to travel to Martha's Vineyard fresh and rested. Spend the money for...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz F
Liz -

I am so sorry the inn did not meet your expectations. We are appreciative that you took the time to share your concerns, and we have made adjustments to our service to address your notes.

I do wish you had made your issues known to us directly so we might have addressed them with you in person. For those who chose the anonymity of this forum, we remain grateful to TripAdvisor for providing the transparency that a review like this provides. As disappointing as it is for us to feel we let someone down, it is good for our customers to see that we care and that we continue to strive to make every customer as happy as possible.

Again, you have my sincerest apology.

best,

Point Pleasant, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary at the Woods Hole Inn this past weekend. The attention to detail is seen throughout ever aspect of the Inn. Our room was wonderful and breakfast, my goodness, is made from the heart. We stayed at least an hour in the sunroom for breakfast every morning. We will be going back! Book a room and say hi to Beth for us! ohh and Pet friendly!

Room Tip: They are all great!
Hi Christina --

Happy Anniversary! I loved chatting with you both in the breakfast room, and appreciated that the quiche and hot coffee kept you lingering longer than you might have because it gave me the chance to get to know you a bit. Thanks for coming, and I do hope to see you again soon.

ma
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights at Woods Hole Inn.
Loved our room with a deck off it. We could watch the ferry going back and forth to Martha's Vineyard. Our car never left the driveway we were able to walk everywhere. The buffet breakfast was wonderful. Homemade banana bread and warm quiche. Mini sticky buns and homemade granola.Our innkeeper Beth was wonderful.We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013
BCGosnold, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
It was so nice to meet you Wishes128. I am glad you enjoyed my fresh baked sticky buns and granola. I love that you took advantage of the walking village and left your car in the driveway the whole time. There is so much to do here that is accessible on foot (beaches, walks, the Vineyard ferry), and it is truly a pleasure to get away from the car a bit.

Please come back, we miss you here in Woods Hole:)

Odessa, Florida
Reviewed 6 November 2013

From the moment we arrived at The Woods Hole Inn, we felt welcome. The rooms are beautifully decorated, our bathroom had a claw foot tub and they give you lots of big thick towels and the sheets are incredibly soft. We took the complementary bikes and rode on The Shining Sea Bikeway.
Each morning they had a breakfast casserole ready among other offerings.

We will go back!

Betty Bartlett
Odessa, Fla.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Betty -

Making people feel welcome is our number one job, and I am so pleased we succeeded with you! Thanks for this nice review. I do hope to see you back in Woods Hole someday soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woods Hole
#3 of 9 in Falmouth
Captain's Manor Inn
Captain's Manor Inn
#1 of 9 in Falmouth

Been to Woods Hole Inn? Share your experiences!