“Best Inn I've had the pleasure to stay in”
Review of Woods Hole Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had a lovely time at the Woods Hole Inn, in Woods Hole Cape Cod. It's a beautiful historic building that has a homey, comfortable feel. I loved the subtle ocean-inspired decor, and I loved the surrounding town.

My room had a king size bed and was absolutely beautiful. From the amazing bathroom and luxurious linens, to the delicious smelling soaps and even the gorgeous hard wood floors--this was definitely one of the nicest rooms I've had the pleasure of staying in. I only wish I could have stayed longer, but I fully intend to return. And did I mention breakfast? Home-made quiche, sausages, croissants, blueberry bread pudding, fruit and yogurt? YES PLEASE. It's also a little thing, but I loved that they offered two different fruit juices: orange and cranberry. I am a cranberry juice lover and rarely find a breakfast spread that offers it.

So definitely have a stay at the Woods Hole Inn. It's worth every penny! Such a wonderful weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have the best view!
1  Thank JessaLeigh25
BCGosnold, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for this detailed review! We appreciate your describing our linens, handmade soaps and continental breakfast spread. We hope to see you again soon in Woods Hole.

best,

Beth Colt
Woods Hole MA 02543
(508) 495-0248

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at the Woods Hole Inn for a writer's retreat and again enjoyed the hospitality of Beth, Amanda, and Charlene. Each of the rooms is uniquely decorated with a modern flair, but the one absolute consistancy is the extremely comfortable bed offering a perfect night's sleep. The view of the Great Harbor from the dining area while eating a buttery and flaky croissant is the best way to start the morning. I thoroughly enjoy staying at the Woods Hole Inn and find it the perfect location to get my creative juices flowing. I can only recommend it as the perfect destination as a getaway for any reason during any season!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelerDude50
BCGosnold, Manager at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

It was a pleasure to have you back TravelerDude50, for our TV Writer’s Retreat. We are so happy you agree that our beds are extremely comfortable for a perfect night’s sleep. The view of Great Harbor is an added bonus to our wonderful breakfast in any season and is certainly a wonderful start to anyone’s morning. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and feel that the Woods Hole Inn offers the perfect location. Good luck writing, we hope to see you again at next year’s symposium if not sooner!

Best
Woods Hole, MA 02548

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My recent stay at the Woods Hole Inn for the Woods Hole Writer's Symposium was my first and I look forward to coming back for years to come. I loved everything about my experience. The staff were excellent, welcoming and helpful, even before I arrived, with my numerous e-mail questions. The location of the inn is wonderful and convenient to be able to enjoy and experience downtown Woods Hole by foot. The room and entire atmosphere of the inn is excellent from the decor to the views and the comfortable beds. For me a clean room is the most important and I had no worries here. Breakfast was delicious and fresh. The inn keepers have thought of every detail and I would recommend this inn to every one.

Room Tip: Room 5 is excellent and has ample room for relaxing.

Melissa -

It is such a treat for us to meet aspiring TV writers such as yourself each year at the Writers Retreat. I hope you will join us next February as we gather again to discuss how to break into the business from Holly-Woods-Hole:)

best,

Beth Colt
Woods Hole MA 02543
(508) 495-0248

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Woods Hole Inn is a beautiful old building that has been lovingly restored. All of the charm of the past is present, but the renovations are beautiful. We stayed in room 11 and enjoyed the modern plumbing fixtures in the bathroom, the beautiful Marvin windows, and the comfortable bed. Room #11 faces the street, not the ocean, but it is very quiet as it is in a corner of the Inn. I would trade peace and quiet anytime but the rooms on the other side of the Inn have ocean views. The breakfast is exceptional with a selection of coffee, more than a dozen different kinds of tea, fresh fruit, granola, some sort of eggs, and proteins like fresh sausage. The staff is kind and caring and wants you to have a nice stay. I recommend visiting during shoulder season, preferably in the fall in that the weather will still be spectacular but the crowds will have died down. September may be the perfect month to visit.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for room 11. If you want a view, make sure to ask for it. I suspect ro...

Jojothedogfaceboy,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so glad you enjoyed the modernists and peace and quiet of room 11. Our recently renovated second floor has given us the opportunity to have five new bedrooms here at the Woods Hole Inn. Each room has unique sinks, heat fixtures and tubs that were restored by a local here in MA. For your next visit, we recommend the Nobska room. This room is located off of the street, with a beautiful view of the harbor. Exceptional breakfast is what we strive for and we are happy you enjoyed it. Thank you again, Jojothedogfaceboy for your great review, we truly appreciate your feedback.

Best,
Woods Hole MA, 02543

Reviewed 23 February 2014

On the recommendation of friends we booked a night during Valentine's weekend. We were warmly welcomed in from the snow storm and taken care of by the wonderful staff. The room was exceptional - very clean and well appointed. And I wish I could take the bathroom home! I could live in the claw-foot tub! Breakfast was a delight- coffee, tea and assortment of delicious items to choose for breakfast were laid out on a buffet table. And we enjoyed the wonderful sun, beaming through the windows while we looked out onto the harbor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This my first time staying here. I only stayed one night. Bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast selections they provided was vast. Included fresh fruits, home baked pastries, eggs and all the fixings. Was a short walk to catch the ferry. Becuse they made me feel so much like home I plan to make a return visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FRANCES S
BCGosnold, Manager at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello Frances-

So happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast selection including fresh fruits, home baked pastries and eggs. We love that we were able to make the Inn feel like home for you. Can't wait to have you back!

Best,

Woods Hole, Ma.
508-495-0248

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at woods Hole Inn with friends. The inn is beautiful. We stayed in Room 1. The room. Was very nice, but the bathroom is small. Next visit we will move to one of the upstairs rooms. The service is outstanding and breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014
#2 of 2 in Woods Hole
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Woods Hole Inn? Share your experiences!