“Peaceful, beautiful get away”
Review of Woods Hole Inn

Woods Hole Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We came to Woods Hole for our 14th year anniversary for a little get away without the kids. We have never been to the Cape, so we were very appreciative of the friendly and helpful staff of Woods Hole Inn. All staff from Kaylee greeting us and giving us helpful recommendations, Amanda for the accommodations and more helpful recommendations, to all the Valet men that we encountered (sorry we did not get all the names) and the ladies in the kitchen. All extremely pleasant people!

We stayed in Room 6, which we had our own outside entrance. The room was clean and comfortable. I must say the bed felt to be on the older side, but other than that the room met our expectations.

Breakfast was a delight. I loved the coffee mugs, the coffee was delicious, the fresh and homemade food was all very good. They had a nice selection. It was great to be able to eat outside over looking the harbor.

The common areas/house is so beautiful. I loved the decor! We were able to bring our take out dinner from the Quicks hole downstairs and ate it on the deck with a glass of wine listening to the live music that was playing. It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

The location of the Woods Hole Inn is extremely convenient for ease of getting around without a car. We visited Martha's Vineyard the first day which was a two minute walk to the Steamship authority. There are endless places to eat nearby, great views in walking distance or a bike ride away.

Highly recommended and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: higher ground floors for less street noise and better views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Went for a second time to the Woods Hole Inn for our Anniversary. We got upgraded to the Penzance room, which has a deck and a beautiful view of the town and Great Harbor. We spent most of our evenings before dinner sitting on the deck watching the sunset.

The staff at the Inn are so accommodating and the inn itself is beyond perfect. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Woods Hole.

I also recommend stopping by the Quicks Hole Tavern (below the inn) for a cup of their clam chowder!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the minute I drove up in the parking lot and was greeted by Sam...to the minute I pulled out 4 days later waving goodbye to Jonathan and Will, everything exceeded my expectations! Gwen and Cayley at front desk went out of their way to leave me ice to continue the therapy on knee replacement, along with directions on where to eat, shop, beaches,etc. The greetings in the morning from kitchen staff and FAB chef who prepared awesome breakfast's just started each day off so special! Would highly recommend this inn, even the housekeepers go out of their way to please you and make your room so special.

Room Tip: I stayed in Nonamessett Room upstairs with a private balcony looking over harbor. Fabulous. The inn...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eileen7615
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was directed to this inn by a stranger as I needed to stay for a night near the harbour. This inn is at an excellent location. The staff are warm and friendly. I got a corner room with a big bathroom. The room was done up thoughtfully with paintings of the inn on the walls. I loved my stay. Unfortunately could not sample the breakfast spread and had to grab bananas and an apple for my drive back home!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with big bathroom
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Location, location, location is about all we can say concerning our recent stay at the Woods Hole Inn. Admittedly, there were six of us attempting to be comfortable in two rooms while sharing a rather small and sub-standard bathroom with one door that we had to use a waste basket to keep closed, but I must report that, other than its prime location right next to the Steamship Authority and the Landfall Restaurant and a nice breakfast, it is definitely a place for those who are used to the vagaries of bed and breakfast accommodations. Our rooms had none of the charm described in other recent reviews with inadequate air conditioning and an extra $15 charged for a roll-away after we had already made our advanced payment of $449 for the night. Therefore, I strongly suggest that anyone making a reservation nail down just what is being offered before making payment.

Room Tip: Closely question staff about room to be reserved - floor, size, bathroom, & view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike_Edina
BCGosnold, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Mike -

I am so sorry you were not totally comfortable in our "vintage restored" B&B in the center of Woods Hole. Room 8/9 where you stayed is a renovated suite with two rooms and the bathroom set between them. One room has a queen bed and the second room has two queen beds. Both rooms look out over our garden with the oceanfront harbor beyond, have A/C, cable TV and free wifi.

The rate on this room is based on an occupancy of max four people, and many families find it an affordable way to stay at the Woods Hole Inn. With more than four, there is a per person fee which helps cover additional amenities like our all-you-can eat breakfast which I am glad to hear you enjoyed.

Perhaps for a family of your size, an additional room would have been a better call than the cot, and I apologize if that was not made clear to you at the time of booking.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again one day.

Beth Colt
Woods Hole Inn
28 Water St
Woods Hole MA 02543

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The room was great; the service attentive. The parking lot attendant was particularly helpful. Parking in WH is near impossible; the Inn offers a small lot attended by knowledgeable staff person. It's as if your talented grandma cooked breakfast. Each morning, different breakfast items --very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Woods Hole Inn was the best experience I have had on the Cape ever! The location is great; you can walk to anything you need and the view is so relaxing. We stayed in the Nobska room which had more room than a mini suite in most hotels...the bathroom was amazing. The staff are wonderful; we arrived two hours before check in and went right to our room. There was a balcony right next to the room that overlooked the harbor with a magnificent sunset over the water! We had cocktails out there each night before walking to dinner at one of several fine restaurants...my favorite was Captain Kidd out on their deck overlooking a back bay. The prices were no more expensive than any good place...with tip and drinks 2 of us were out the door for $85! There was so much to do that we never put the TV on or took advantage of the free WIFI. The common areas were extensive and very interesting to check out...interesting décor-a look back into history. My biggest regret was that I only booked 3 days there...we could easily have spent a week and still had places to see. The Woods Hole Inn is priced right and you get great value including free parking which is huge because parking is at a premium in the area. You also receive several coupons to use at local establishments which was neat; we used some but not all of them. We are already looking at some Fall dates to go back.

Room Tip: The Nobska Room has windows on 2 sides which allow for a very nice breeze coming off the water. Thi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House
Captain's Manor Inn
Captain's Manor Inn
#1 of 9 in Falmouth

Been to Woods Hole Inn? Share your experiences!