“A must visit while on the Cape”

Landfall Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Landfall Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Woods Hole
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water St.
Transit: During the season there is a local trolley that runs every half hour from other Falmouth locations. Also, the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority has buses running continuously throughout the day.
Description: Landfall Restaurant is Woods Hole's premiere waterfront restaurant since 1946 with spectacular oceanfront dining and fresh local cuisine.
Lake Mary, Florida
“A must visit while on the Cape”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spend my summers on Cape Cod, and I consider the Landfall to be one of my favorite gems tucked away in the little town of Woods Hole. When you enter the Landfall, you are met with an immersive Cape Cod nautical atmosphere, along with a beautiful view of the water. The service is always good, and the food is delicious. Although I can't say it is the most superb food you can find on all of the Cape, the menu offers some of the best seafood dishes around. Despite the delicious food and attentive service, I must say it is the overall experience that keeps me and my family coming back to this restaurant multiple times each summer. The atmosphere of the restaurant cannot be topped, and I have enjoyed every experience I have had at this restaurant. If you are visiting the Cape and happen to find yourself in Woods Hole, I highly recommend you visit this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Lauren C

Central New Jersey
“Doesn't get more Cape Cod than this; with a special treat.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Landfall is a very pleasant restaurant in Woods Hole, and well worth the trip. We had lunch with our young grandson, and it couldn't have turned out better. After a few hours of touring my wife decided a nice cocktail would hit the spot, and she pronounced it quite good. My wife, who summered near Cape Cod as a girl, had the seafood platter, and was very satisfied. When people in the know are satisfied, you know it's good. My grandson wasn't so sure about seafood, so we got him a burger, and with an order of fries he was pleased. I had the special, which was bluefish. I love fishing, love catching blues, but I'm not crazy about eating blues. I decided to try it, and what a surprise: the blue was tasty, with a thin crust and cranberry dressing. The dish really complemented the bluefish, adding a tangy sweetness to the fish, which can be very oily. I told our waitress I was impressed. Imagine my surprise when she returned moments later with the chef's hand written notes for the recipe. Most chefs jealousy guard their creations, so this was extraordinary. The restaurant is large, and filled with nautical gear, some of which is explained on the back of the menu. The views both inside and outside the restaurant make waiting for your meal a fun experience. Our waitress was great, and very patient with my grandson. The menu is not extensive, but there is something for every taste, and very well prepared. As with the rest of Woods Hole, parking is a challenge, but Landfall does have its own lot. Altogether, you can't go wrong by going to Landfall.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SBBNJ
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We visited here for a quick lunch with our two toddlers. We started with the calamari. It was very good. The marinara was quite tasty. I had some steamed clams and they were big and meaty. They are actually raw on the menu, but I asked if they steamed clams and they do. My husband had the lobster roll and he thought it was quite good. The server said the mayo was light and it was. The wait staff was very friendly. We would definitely go back.

1 Thank Mellykaz
Rockville
“Good restaurant but limited seafood menu”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Landfill is a popular seafood place. But for a seafood place in an area where one easily gets a variety of fresh fish (I don't mean invertebrates) the menu is very limited (farm salmon, scrod, swordfish) and un imaginative. One would expect some fresh, and different, fish on the menu.

At the same time, food is good, portions are generous, and nice decor, though it gets noisy. Service is very pleasant and attentive.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Fishperson
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“What a fun place to enjoy wonderfully fresh seafood”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Landfall is an Iconic eating and meeting place on Cape Cod. I had the most wonderful Ginger Scallops with asparagus when I visited. totally yummy, and such a treat for a Minnesota girl. Fun looking at the interesting buoys, windows, signage "scavenged from the sea" inside, bay traffic and boats to watch on the outside! Friendly service and relaxing atmosphere, but best of all - Great food!

Visited May 2014