“Nice”

Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Captain Kidd Restaurant and Bar has a menu the presents American Seafood and Grille as well as the freshest raw bar in town.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful waterfront deck. Serve was very good but not very personable. Food was very good. My wife had the fish toco and I had the claim roll. Very nice presentation and it was quite good. I would have given it 5 stars except my claims were a little over cooked and my wife's toco was a little skimpy with the fish.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Recent renovations have added a lot of charm to the Kidd but its still the same just cleaned up.
The inside looks great, super nice outside seating with cozy couches and great views.
Food prices went up to make it a big more snazzy I suppose.
But as was the case before, service is horrible. Not only did my meal come and it was something completely different than what I ordered, they still tried to charge me for the wrong thing.
It seemed like we had 5 servers, not sure which was ours. They all seemed young and inexperienced and honestly it was not worth the time.
My companions liked their meals. So food is okay, nothing to rave about just fair.
Training and time might help with their biggest issue.

Judy L, Public Relations Manager at Captain Kidd Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. Next time you come in, please be sure to ask for Rob, the manager, to make sure your experience is better.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We felt the food was overpriced for the quaintly and quality. We had to wait. Awhile for our food and we asked for some bread and butter and we were told that they do not give bread and butter?...

Portion were very small and the food was just average.....many other choices in the area and will not go back when we are in the area again

1  Thank Hatters43
Judy L, Public Relations Manager at Captain Kidd Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

We are sorry to hear that your dining experience was not satisfactory. If you are in the area again, we hope you will give us another try. Please ask for Rob, the manager. He will help make sure your meal is more to your liking.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm told they've redone the Captain Kidd - I'd never been there before, but I can tell you that it's beautiful. It has a Victorian-era-looking bar, a modern lounge that looks like it could have been transplanted straight from Miami, a huge restaurant area, and an outdoor covered seating area where you sit on repurposed rum barrels and overlook the harbor. Fantastic.

The food was very nice too - one guest was gluten-free, and our server treated that restriction with a great deal of respect. We all had appetizers and shared them, plus some soups and salads. Lobster roll was terrific, as was the lobster/pork dumpling.

Outstanding overall.

2  Thank KatyMightHave63
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ok, So I've been in and out of Woods Hole sign the 70's. Early this season I was a bit disappointed that the Kidd was closed on a Sunday night before 9:00 pm, Ok So it was in May, and Summer season had not yet started. So we had a 3 generation dinner. I tried the Ribs, Excellent. Others had the Fish, Everyone enjoyed the meal.

The music was a bit loud but that died down after 6:00pm.

They seated the first two of us while we waited for the rest of the partly. They took our drink order and I ordered the Onion Ring Appetizer to get us started. The Rings were excellent and arrived just before the rest of our party and we all enjoyed them. They had a little kick to them and were great!.

2  Thank James L