“Not Impressed”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 23 February 2014

While recently visiting the Falmouth area and Woods Hole we stopped here for a late lunch and a 'treat'.
The place is extremely tiny with hardly any sitting area ---- best to do take out. The service was very slow. I ordered a tuna salad sandwich special which took forever to make and cost me $10.00. The sandwich was smothered in mustard (which I am allergic too). The apple pie was the worst I have ever had. However, the chocolate chip cookies were yummy.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Visiting Woods Hole was awesome, a great little town that I would love to live in. What made my first trip even better was stopping at Pie in the Sky. You walk in & the fresh bread makes you hungry. The sandwiches & coffee were GREAT but by happenstance we got some bread pudding. AMAZING! Now, I have gone back dozens of times to buy every piece of bread pudding available. The people behind me aren’t happy but I eat it for breakfast, lunch & dinner until it is gone! If I am within a days drive I start craving this one of a kind taste.
Being a pet lover, I LOVE that they have a dog water bowl out front and it is always full and clean. If they keep the water bowl that clean I know the kitchen is spotless. I have been there in every season and no matter how busy, the restaurant is always immaculate and the staff are helpful and patient.
If you are lucky enough to be near Woods Hole, you HAVE to try this place. Just please leave a piece of bread pudding for me!
Shirley

Reviewed 14 January 2014

When you walk in to the Pie in the Sky, you are greeted by loads of fresh baked goods filing every shelf. As I got excited and tried more things than I should, I walked out with two large bags of goods. My reviews follow: The there breakfast croissants that I tried were so heavy and doughy that no one in my family would finish them……in a word they are horrible. The two cinnamon swirls were very heavy as well, but were a bit easier to eat because of all the sugar, etc. The only reason that I did not give pie in the Sky an overall rating of poor is because they have really delicious popovers. Their other goods is like eating heavy uncooked dough.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I don't often review cafes or restaurants on here but I felt compelled to for Pie in the Sky because I was a huge fan. If I lived in this area I would probably be there daily drinking coffee and reading the Globe outside. Great place for coffee and breakfast in the center of Woods Hole. Excellent food, quick friendly service and cool atmosphere with nice outdoor seating. Definitely a go-to spot if you're in the area.

1  Thank Sean O
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

The coffee made Starbucks look like
Howdy dudy . Great !!! Bread pudding was a killer!!! We had a BLT croissant sandwich !! Incredible the best I have ever had. Really fresh !!
All made from scratch. Fresh. U can see the baker making the croissant bread with tons of real butter. Yum
Yum. Cubans eat good but this was heaven !!!!

1  Thank Amado D