“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After researching on Tripadvisor about the best places to eat in Woods Hole, we were disappointed when we went to Pie in the Sky Bakery. The pastries were good but the service was not. We bought 7 pastries (all fairly large in size including Raspberry Key Lime bars (or lemon bars I forget now), Tea cake, Scone, etc. and they were all put into one tiny brown paper sack and not even stacked neatly. The Key Lime bars went in upside down so by the time we get back to our hotel, they have melted into everything and when we lift them out the crust comes completely off and the rest of the bars are mush. The service was not friendly. Maybe we hit on a bad day.

1  Thank Aimee W

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've only had the pastries, but they were great. Fresh, good selection with good coffees. I distinctly remember a apple danish that included the peel, and - thought I had my doubts - the peel made it MUCH better somehow !! Just an example of some uniqueness that wins...

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My 7 year-old granddaughter and I took a long bike ride along the beach and found ourselves at this great little place near the ferry from Woods Hole. The blueberry pie was out of this world and the staff made sure that she got everything she wanted. We ill be back again and will bring the rest if her family with us. It truly is a nice stop for breakfast, lunch or just a great piece of pie.

1  Thank jhw266
Reviewed 28 June 2014

They have a great selection of pastries and desserts (and I think sandwiches). YUM! Very laid back and casual. Only complaint is that they don't have a bathroom and you have to walk down the hill to the ferry terminal.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After 10 miles cycling along the Shining Sea Bikeway we were recommended to stop here by a cab driver. It was busy with all kinds of people queuing for food and drink including lots of seniors who seemed to be regulars as part of their biking trips. The food was fresh and tasty. The smoothies were delicious. The service was fast and the staff were friendly and courteous. A brilliant find. Highly recommended.