“Just Lovely & Relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woods Hole
Woods Hole Passage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
“Just Lovely & Relaxing”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights late June ...Julie & Martha are amazing. They go above & beyond to create a lovely stay. Breakfast was the best on the Cape. We didn't need lunch!! Also, having a gluten allergy was no issue. They even had gluten free cookies with coffee/tea :)
House grounds are so beautiful, you find yourself tempted to just 'hang' at the house. Attention to detail was everywhere, from free beach parking sticker to eco-friendy food & bath products. We could not have enjoyed this B&B more.
Will definitely be back...hopefully sooner than later.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MarthaJulie, Owner at Woods Hole Passage Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Barbara M.,
We thank you and your fellow traveler for the kind review. You all are so fun to talk with that you surely know no strangers in life. Your generous spirit and lively conversation made the weekend enjoyable for all of us, the rest of the guests included!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Everything about our stay was delightful: our rooms (mine on the second floor especially charming and airy), with favorite novels by the bedside and fluffy towels in the bathrooms--our welcome from Julie and Martha, who could not have been more helpful with planning our time in Woods Hole and Falmouth--the breakfast, which was absolutely superb (just-laid eggs and fresh local veg in the omelettes, fresh melon with ginger and lime and mint, excellent coffee)--the garden, which is large and green and peaceful. What's more, since we only had the one night on the Cape, J and M kindly let us have the rooms despite the 2-night weekend minimum usually in play in the summer. I am already longing to go back, and will hope to stay longer next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah D
Sussex, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary by visiting Cape Cod. It was our first trip there, and we thought we would enjoy the atmosphere of a bed and breakfast. We did a bit of research and chose Woods Hole Passage B&B. Our stay there exceeded our expectations. The accommodations were clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. Our breakfasts were varied, tasty and visually appealing, and what a treat those afternoon cookies were! The best part of our stay was the friendly and helpful innkeepers, Julie and Martha. They were always available for suggestions, directions, and even discount tickets. I would most certainly plan to stay there again on return trips to the cape.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We needed a room last minute before crossing over to Martha's Vineyard for our belated honeymoon. Martha was able to book us in last minute. This place is fabulous- such a nice, quiet space, romantic, wonderful large yard, amazing breakfast, super comfy rooms. Julie & Martha know how to run an excellent B&B! If you want quiet and secluded right by woods hole, this is it!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cbarnum
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed at several B&Bs in the States and in the UK, and I'm well aware that children and B&Bs do not often go hand-in-hand. Although my wife and I are big B&B fans, bringing our four-year-old son on trips tends to mean that we are staying in a hotel instead. I was thrilled when my wife told me that for our upcoming trip to the Cape in early May, she not only found a top-rated B&B, but also that it welcomed children. It makes so much of a difference when you are staying far from home to stay at a place that is as welcoming as home would be; this is not to knock hotels at all, but there is something special when you are lucky enough to find a well-run B&B that gives you that home-style feel.

We were not disappointed in the least! Martha and Julie were both charming, helpful, and outgoing hosts, and were as energetic as my own family (which is saying a lot). Our son loved the fact that they actually had toys available in the main family room, particularly the wire balance game. The fact that Martha and Julie have their own three daughters was even better, particularly when their oldest and Julie took my son to look for baby birds and frogs on the inn's grounds.

My wife and I found the rooms to be exactly what we wanted: large enough for us to be able to spread out and not stumble into each other and very comfortable to be able to kick our feet up when coming back after a long day. We had the windows open every night, and road noise was certainly no problem. The location itself was perfect, particularly on the day that we took a ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Given that parking in Woods Hole is a nightmare, we were able to take a $10 or so cab to the ferry without having to suffer through all the craziness of parking near the dock.

Each morning's breakfasts were wonderful and fresh. The daily pastries were delightful, and I think my wife and I drained an entire pot of their coffee each morning. Our son (although certainly not a picky eater by any means) absolutely loved their breakfasts, particularly the omelet and pancake days.

I would certainly come back again in a heartbeat!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I came to Falmouth, Massachusetts to attend my Niece's wedding, with my grandson, my son and daughter-in-law. We all thought it would be fun to stay at a B&B together. My daughter-in-law did the research to find the best B&B and one that allowed children (a very difficult mission to accomplish)!
I am rather particular especially since I own a B&B with my husband in Asheville, North Carolina. And believe you me, there is no one more critical than a B&B owner staying at another B&B! That being the case, this turned out to be an extremely quiet, very relaxing and sinfully delicious 4 day stay.
I fell madly in love with Martha and Julie and their 3 daughters! From the minute we entered the house we instantly felt welcomed. My grandson spotted all the toys especially the Lincoln Logs
and we three adults, a bit saggy after our flights,collapsed on the comfortable living room furniture.
Our rooms were quiet with perfect mattresses and pillows. My grandson and I shared a room leaving his parents free to have some well earned private time, and our own 'fun with grandma' time. Our bathroom was huge and had plenty of space to spread out my toiletries. Our room had a ceiling fan hung from the vaulted ceiling. My grandson was thrilled to spot a little blue fish that simmered hanging above the fan. Our room had two beds, a queen and a single bed in a tiny alcove just perfect for a child and their imagination. When Martha showed us our room she showed my grandson a secret drawer, which he loved. I liked that there were no TVs, that way we paid attention and talked to each other rather than our heads in a television program.
Breakfast was delicious and I found out that Martha was a Pastry Chef! We were served two filling and simply splendid courses for breakfast. A table was always laden with cakes, cookie bars and other temptations made from scratch.
When we had questions on how to get anywhere both innkeepers were instantly full of advice. One of the best was to take a taxi to the ferry dock to Martha's Vineyard, rather than trying to find parking which was almost impossible. The parking at Woods Hole Passage is off street and they have free WIFI too. Gosh, even their housekeeping staff was sweet. Martha said she trains and uses local high school girls who work for them until they graduate.
A special delight was to look at all the Fairy houses their daughters had made out of all natural products spread throughout the living room. Martha had taught a Fairy house making at the B&B one year and I think plans on continuing that yearly. Another ongoing project was where children can paint a bird house and then she mounts them on specially carved tree limbs around the beautiful grounds. I had a delightful time and would definitely return again, with or without my grandson.

1 Thank necmerrill
MarthaJulie, Owner at Woods Hole Passage Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you, necmerrill. We so very much enjoyed your family's stay with us, and it was especially great to play with your grandson. We're still hoping to attract a frog to our little pond in the garden so we can name him after your grandson (a promise is a promise)! The only problem with having you, as an innkeeper, stay with us was your attempts to clear the table after breakfast! Hey, we don't roll like that -- we love to pamper our guests! Again, such a pleasure to look after you and your family.
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were the only guests here the weekend we stayed, but it was still as welcoming as it would have been with a full house. It was absolute chaos when we walked in, they had a fairy house activity planned through the local B&B organization, so the living area was full of kids when we arrived. But we knew we picked the right place when we saw that! The owners welcomed us right in, explained the B&B to us and told us about the area. The bedroom was very clean, beautiful vaulted ceilings. Breakfast was wonderful, they had a huge spread for not having a full house. We chose to eat inside, but they had set up tables outside as well. The backyard is beautiful! Julie and Martha were so helpful in recommending places to go in the area. Would definitely recommend and go back.

Dear MST0922,
We're so glad you enjoyed the exciting atmosphere when you arrived at the B&B. Your 3-year-old probably thinks that every B&B will have a welcoming party just for her! We try to do group activities for kids every now and then so that we can take some of the effort and planning off the shoulders of our guests with children. Even if we don't have an organized event at the B&B, we're always happy to share our experience about family-friendly sights -- and there are lots of them -- to see while visiting this amazingly beautiful part of Cape Cod.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woods Hole
#2 of 20 in Falmouth
Mariner Motel
Mariner Motel
#3 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Woods Hole Passage Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!