“Beautiful view - Interesting food”
Review of Fishmonger's Cafe - CLOSED

Fishmonger's Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Senatobia, Mississippi
“Beautiful view - Interesting food”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We ate at Fishmonger's Cafe only once and it was a fairly pleasant experience. I had read the wonderful reviews of some food critics and expected great food, so maybe I was expecting too much. As an example of how blah the food was to us, I can not even remember the name of our dishes. I do know that there was a bowl of pasta with a good deal of lobster and a sauce that was just OK. If one could sit by a window and enjoy a glass of wine, the experience might be a great deal better. However, the tables by the windows were taken, so we were seated close to the front door. Our server was very nice and did all that he could to take care of our needs. Overall, I would agree with one of the other reviewers and suggest that the restaurant is just fine but order the basic and familiar dishes. You stand a better chance of not being disappointed. The restaurant is, however, worth at least one visit.

1 Thank Charlotte S

“Fun food, totally overpriced”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Fishmonger for lunch
Black bean chili, really black bean soup with way too much cumin
Cape cod salad, simple
A beer
For two dinners... $38.00
Way too much for simple food
Great atmosphere
Nice water views
A slice of chocolate cake, home made, $7.00
I'll pass

2 Thank FoodmanI
Boston
“Solid choice in Woods Hole”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Not trendy, but a good choice with great views. Judging from other reviews, it is hit or miss, but the latest owner/management is most like the 'classic' Fishmonger, which was superb. Chose the basics. Basic salads and fish dishes that aren't too much of a reach, and you'll be fine.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bostongail
Kdoll08
“Overpriced and Overrated”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to the Fishmonger from a recommendation for dinner. We were not happy with the food nor the quality. They have a limited menu. Ordered the steamed clams for an appitizer, they didn't look appealing, they tasted lousy and had a lot of sand in them. The broth seemed like clear tap water, no flavor at all. I hate to send food back, but they were uneatable. After telling the waitress I couldn't eat them, I was still billed for them. I had to have the manager remove the charge on the bill since the waitress wouldn't remove the charge. Some fish items were not available and what was ordered was at best minimal. I would not send anyone there

1 Thank KEN H
Austin, Texas
“Recommended by Trip Advisor but....”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is Trip Advisor's top-rated restaurant in Woods Hole. We were not happy with the food. Went there for a staple of the area, fresh lobster. They had none. Couldn't believe it! Ordered mussels as an appetizer, and they were small, shriveled and the broth was almost tasteless. My wife had the pasta with lobster pieces and it was pretty good. I ordered the swordfish and it wasn't fresh and they over cooked it. Didn't try dessert.

On the otherhand, the service was very good.

Next time we might try Landfall nearby, or just go to Falmouth.

• Visited September 2013