“First Date of Many More”

Shuckers World Famous Raw Bar
Ranked #11 of 14 Restaurants in Woods Hole
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Woosh Trolley from Falmouth.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I wanted to share my appreciation for Shucker's. In the middle of July, I went on a busy Tuesday on a first blind date. I sat at the bar with her and we sipped on some delicious fresh squeezed cocktails. Although the restaurant was busy and chaotic as the servers ran around delivering fresh lobster boils, we were in our own world. The bartender, Melanie truly made our experience by being so accommodating, friendly and warm. She seemed to know everybody that walked through the door and be on good terms with all other staff. She made our date by letting us stay all night. I am happy to say that the date was the first of many and we consider Shucker's our special spot. You might catch us around drinking more juice cocktails, watching the sunset off the dock or simply enjoying the new bar.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have never in my life been served a rotten salad, but this may be what Shuckers is famous for. When I showed my server the salad and asked for a fresh one, since it was maybe a fluke, they did bring me another. This one was also decaying!!
The lobster in the lobster Mac and cheese was tough, stringy and old. The pasta was overlooked, falling apart, and topped with some watery sauce. Very disappointing meal and service. Of course, we paid for that horrible memory in full and left. Don't be fooled, food is NOT fresh here.

1  Thank Carolyn V
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I am a busy bachelor who rarely has time to relax with my schedule. However, I manage to make it to Shucker's weekly, usually Monday. I have been pleasantly pleased with the bartender's service. Krista is a confident and friendly bartender who is more than extremely friendly and competent. The food is always great, I usually get the scrod or scallops. Both are consistently cooked to perfection. Overall, Shucker's is a great destination in the heart of Woods Hole.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife parents and I ate at shuckers while staying in Falmouth on vacation. We were there mid afternoon on a Monday and it wasn't very busy at all allowing us to get a great table on the dock outside. The outside seating is awesome, literally on a dock in the back on the water surrounded by boats.

The food was just average. I had a lobster wrap which just didn't have that much lobster meet and my dad had a cold lobster plate when came full in the shell and the lobster was full of water which ended up soaking his entire plate including potato salad in lobster juice!

My wife did get the scallop salad which was very good. Overall I'd say this is a worth while stop and a definite yes for drinks in a great environment. If your looking for fine dining, probably not the best spot.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We waited two hours for a table when they screwed up our reservation. The owner/manager questioned us repeatedly during our long wait about when and how we made that reservation, clearly he did not believe us. We are passed our youth and his suspicions were insulting...

Once seated the food came extremely slow (a couple at next table actually got up and left, because of the long wait). The order got mixed up, the waitress had very vague apologies, but then tried hard to fix it. The taste, presentation, and preparation was very pedestrian. You can get that anywhere on the Cape, and often for less money.

The location is great, if you get a table outside, the view of the boats and sunset is great. It is clear the restaurant survives only on the location and the new tourists... food and service are far from even adequate.

As the evening got later and later, the locals started to congregate at the bar. Clearly a "watering hole" for the local academia, who know better and eat at home, or other places, and then come to socialize with a drink, and enjoy the view.

I'll do the same next time I'm in Woods Hole.