“So-so”

Shuckers World Famous Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Shuckers World Famous Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 14 Restaurants in Woods Hole
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Woosh Trolley from Falmouth.
Stuttgart, Germany
“So-so”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Was looking for sushi and lobster – who would have thought to combine the two – these guys! Admittedly, I eat lobster very rarely – so I might not be the best person to comment. But I thought it was tasty and not overpriced. I do however eat sushi often; it could have been much better and more creative. But I got my wasabi fix and was overall pleased with the meal, but nothing to write home about.

• Visited August 2014

Charlestown, Rhode Island
“Shuck this place....”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

From the onset this place lacked everything but a nice view. When your waitress says, " yea it's all good" you know you're in trouble. Seafood chowder tasted of condensed milk, shrimp tasted old....even the wine tasted punk. Lots of $$$ for a poor meal.

Visited July 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“A Bad Experience”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

It's hard to believe that a seafood restaurant in Woods Hole can do seafood so poorly, but Shuckers managed the trick the evening we stopped in. It's a cool little restaurant right in the harbor where you can sit out on "the barge" which is actually more like a big floating dock. The scenery is great with all the boats, and the service is excellent. The food, on the other hand, was a mixed bag.

My wife ordered the baked scrod and it was wonderful - a nice big piece of fish, perfectly cooked and delicious. I selected the seafood pot which came with steamed littleneck clams, mussels and a small lobster. It was awful - everything was way overcooked and the lobster was so overdone it was dry and tough - virtually inedible. I'm not one to send things back to the kitchen so I just tried my best to eat some of it. I did let the server know how awful I thought it was and asked her to let the kitchen know so they could fix whatever problem they were having.

I hope this was a one-time screw up. Most of the reviews on this place are pretty good, and my wife was very happy with her scrod. Give Shuckers a shot, but keep an eye out for tough lobsters.

capecod
“wonderful afternoon”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Today we took a ride down to woods hole. We stopped in at Shuckers, which I love! The drinks are awesome. We had the Shuckers Smash which is a must, and the bloody marries made by Jay are the best! We wew greetly by a lovely hostess and sat in no time. Our waitress was this cute girl named Meg. She was very well versed on the menu and was extremely attentive to our table, knowing when we needed more drinks, checking up on us with our food, getting us whatever we needed, especially it being as busy as it was. We sat at a table on the corner, literally feet from the water, absolutely beautiful sight. The new sushi was incredible, as was the fresh ahi tuna salad and the scallop salad was seared to perfection. It made our afternoon and it was a great place to hang out and enjoy the view, the food, and the drinks. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, as we will be back in a moments notice!

Boston, Massachusetts
“great location, slow service, bland food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It is hard to beat the location of this restaurant, right on the water with great views of the harbor. Four of us went to lunch on a weekday when the restaurant was about half full. The service was almost unbearably slow... we even had a long wait for our drinks. And then the food was just bland. Tasteless steamers? Hard to do. Even the mussels with onion and sausage were somehow bland.