“Great food and drinks”

Southborough, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and drinks”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Visited Peoples Kitchen on a Groupon for a date night and had a great experience. Started with the $22 cheese board, not part of the discount but something we've wanted to try and we're so glad we did! A large portion of 3 choices of cheeses, meats, spreads and warm baguette. The duck prosciutto was different and delicious, Cambazola, Bucheron and Mustard Cheddar was a great mix of flavors. Cocktails were unique and smooth but slightly expensive. Oyster trio had a slight hint of oysters, but simple flavor was lost due to overwhelming additions. Dinner was delightful and portions were huge - (enough for dinner for a 2nd night!) Dry-aged Ribeye was tender, Seared salmon was flavorful and had a salty hint. Some entrees (Ribeye) did have an upcharge (of $2-10), but so worth it. Our server, Carlos, was spectacular- attentive, informative, not pushy. Atmosphere was ok- our table was nearest to bathroom and serving area so left something to be desired, but remainder of restaurant seemed to have great character. We will certainly be back, perhaps for a special occasion or for just cocktails and the cheese board.

1 Thank Katherine L

Boston
“Not memorable”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went here with a groupon. The restaurant is upstairs in an old building. It had no character at all. Although, I do enjoy a quiet restaurant maybe they could have some music playing softly. The first problem was that they could not make any of the four drinks our table ordered. They say that they have small batch liquor. Had no idea what that meant. Basically, it means they have only a small variety of liquor. Weird when downstairs they have a huge bar. I enjoyed my swordfish. The rest of the group had steak which they liked but did not love. Nobody enjoyed the dessert. Peanut butter crème brulee with pieces of bacon in it. Don't be tricked into believing you will only spend the amount on the groupon. Each entrée had an upcharge. The drinks were small and not inexpensive. Also, they have valet parking. We did not know this and ended up paying to park in a lot.

• Visited July 2014
Hudson, Massachusetts
“I wanted more out of this place (portion wise they are!)”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We finally made it on a groupon, and I really wanted to love it... But its not a place I think I will go back to - it was confusingly underwhelming. Service was GREAT, the place is CLEAN, and deceivingly HUGE and spacious. But the food is like a roller coaster - it can hit high notes and it can hit really low notes.

Drinks - mixed drinks, in our opinion (with two mixologists on the table) are designed for young (er) professionals defining a palate. One of the drinks was so nasty (Gandolfini), we had to turn it back. Manhattans were flat, one note, and too sweet. Wine flights were drinkable, approachable, but not memorable. High note: The $22 charcuterie and cheese board - the duck prosciutto is fantastic, the smoked trout pate was really good and the home made sausage was very flavorful. Bread comes out hot and crunchy on the outside with a moist, chewy center.

Appetizers: Hit: The tofu. Miss: the oysters. Flat. Tiny. Lifeless and overpowered by the spice in the shooter and the grey-ish rockefeller type topping. Mignionete - not bad. Miss: Corn tomato soup. Bland. We added the spice from the oyster shooter.

Courses: HUGE portions. Hit: Burger and truffle fries. Hit: Salmon and the couscous. Hit: 21 day aged beef - WITH foie gras. No dinner misses.

Dessert: Miss: Cannoli. Weird: PB Banana creme brulee with BACON. PB freaks love fest. Me, not a fan. Hit: Chocolate cake. Hit: FREE Valet

Nice ambiance, just not a place I am dying to go back to. HOWEVER, if you aren't as "food snobbyish" as I am, it is a great addition to the Worcester foodie scene - I see where they are going, and frankly, I'd stay for wine and cheese, charcuterie and friends. Given a choice for dinner, I'll stick with the Rail Trail Flatbread Co in Hudson.

Central Massachusetts
“Cleaned every plate!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Last night I had my first opportunity to try out PK and it was a top notch experience. The dinner evening was to celebrate our 43rd Anniversary,and friends were treating us. They had wanted to go somewhere different but let us make the final decision... and it was the correct one. We all enjoyed a different meal,a different app,and a different dessert on the three course Prefix dinner menu,and every selection was spot on and every plate went back to the kitchen without so much as a crumb left on it. There was not the slightest problem with any selection save for one steak dinner that came out medium instead of medium rare...but still delicious. Our server Shane was a perfect server and a friendly host for the evening. The outdoor dinning option was pleasantt for such a nice evening. Shane and the mgr. Katie even surprised us with a special treat when they found out we were celebrating our Anniversary. What a wonderful experience,and a memorable way to celebrate 43 years of marriage
PS. I seldom rate higher than 4 since I always feel there is room for a little improvement.

1 Thank dickandjane71
Grafton, Massachusetts
“Great food, service, and atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I have lived in or around Worcester our entire lives and have eaten in a million restaurants there. TPK exceeded our expectations. We came with a Groupon during Restaurant Week. The hostess as well as our server both told us what our best value would be and thus, didn't try to take advantage of us at all.

Our server was awesome. He was so pleasant, accommodating, and explained lots of menu items and stipulations to us. My husbands steak came overdone and he rarely, if ever, sends food back. But he did this time. They gave him a new one, cooked much more to what he asked for and he loved it. My meal was fantastic all around. We did not leave hungry.

The atmosphere is really nice in the dining room upstairs where we sat. I have a real affinity for wood and brick. It felt warm and inviting. I even liked the music they played.

Since we used our soon-to-expire Groupon and didn't order off the Restaurant Week menu, we may return soon to try something else. Either way, we will definitely return someday for the great food and great service.