“Very Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nuovo Restaurant

Nuovo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nuovo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 566 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Walking distance from Union Station as well as bus stop directly in front of building.
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We having been waiting to go to Nuovo as everyone praised it for its food and service.

Our experience was just the opposite , we waited 45 minutes for our salad and 45 minutes more for our food, excuses were Hanover crowd,problem with that was show started when we sat down, then we were told kitchen all backed up. We were never told of specials, asked for extra rolls,none ever came.
No manager ever came by to apologize, just a very very bad experience.

Would had really think about going there again or recommending to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Louis G G

Charlton, Massachusetts
“Too long a wait”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We (party of 6) made reservations here as part of a promotion the restaurant has with the Hanover Theater for the Performing Arts - 10% off and a free appetizer. So, they knew we had a deadline. Arrived at 6 pm in plenty of time (we thought) to get to the 8:00 performance . Seated at 6, ordered by 6:20. Still hadn't been served by 7:00, checked with the server who said it should be right out. Server came over 15 minutes later and said the food was being "plated," which I took to mean was being put on plates. Ten minutes later food arrived (wow, it takes a long tome to "plate" food here. Now it is 7:25. Wolf down food, leave and get to our seats at the theater just as the show is starting.

It seems to me that if this restaurant is doing a promotion with a theater, they should be able to get people fed and to the theater with a little more than five seconds to spare.

Food seemed average although I didn't really have time to enjoy it. portions were small, which is, I guess, a good thing in this case.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank HBC_7
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Excellent Nuovo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I am a newbie in Worcester and had no idea what to expect. Nuovo was recommended to me by the Hanover Theatre, so we went prior to our Jersey Boys show. Very nice! Menu was varied, and my order was prepared just as I had asked. Staff pleasant and efficient, and considerate that we had to leave in time for the show. I booked again for later in the week - we're looking forward to trying another item on the menu!

1 Thank BarbaraL927
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Second Opinion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I've been told I'm somewhat of a foodie and having been in the business, I know what to look for. Delightfully delicious food prepared exactly the way it should be. Excellent service in a clean, attractive and convenient location. Appetizers that vary with the season and always a great way to stimulate the palette. Entrees that are reasonably priced, abundant but not too much and a wide variety. Everything has been as fresh as just picked and if you're into such things presentation, Nuovo's dishes always have me admiring them before devouring them.

We have now been as a couple, with my office staff, political fundraisers, with friends and stop in for occasional cocktails & apps. This is a restaurant you must visit! Say Hi because I'll probably be there!!

1 Thank ogogolby
Holden, Massachusetts
“Happy Accident? Yes - indeed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Booked this for after the matinee performance at The Hanover Theater. Beware, the menu posted on Opentable is their lunch menu. Naturally we were confused by being presented with the dinner menu but honored our reservation anyway. Were we lucky to have done so!

Our server was delightful! The food was excellent..perfect portions in size and seasoning. Even the house salad though modest was perfect and refreshing. Perfectly fresh ingredients on a chilled plate.

Good selection of mixed drinks and reasonably priced beers. Had a properly priced bottle of Kendall Jackson merlot as well.

Owners are delightful...will definitely be back again!
We shared a wonderful app...baked brie...half fig and half habanero topping.

Gotta love those happy accidents!

1 Thank daxmurphy