“Excellent food - excellent service!”
Review of Nuovo Restaurant

Nuovo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nuovo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 575 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Walking distance from Union Station as well as bus stop directly in front of building.
Augusta, Maine
“Excellent food - excellent service!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We made reservations here to celebrate our son's graduation from medical school. I was in contact with owner/manager Loreta for a couple of weeks. She was cordial, professional and tended to our needs expertly. Upon arrival, we were greeted and seated immediately. The waitstaff was superb and very attentive to our every need. The food was excellent and most of us took "doggie bags"back to our hotels. I would definitely recommend Nuovo and if in the Worcester area again, would look forward to enjoying dinner here.

2 Thank 315Sue

Houston, Texas
“Canceled our reservation less than a week before dinner”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Does Trip Advisor allow the use of the term, 'Rat Bastards'?

If so, I think that would be a great description for a place that discovered, after several weeks, that they didn't have a room for us on Monday for our reservation that Saturday.

1 Thank dickerin
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Great service, OK food”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We needed reservations for a mid-afternoon, after-event dinner, and this was one of the few places that was open and would take our reservation. Never having been here before, I was hopeful, based on the reviews. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. Service was prompt, our waitress checked in frequently and was very helpful in explaining the menu choices. On the other hand, our selections were removed almost too quickly. Our bread plates were removed when our salads were brought out, so that we had no place to put our bread which was still on the table with the seasoned oil (and fresh, warm bread was brought out to replenish that which had been on the table for a while). A little odd. Our special requests were granted, even tho the items were not on the menu. Very accommodating! As far as the actual meal, our dining companions were less than impressed with the flavor, not bad, just nothing special. For myself, I had shrimp scampi, and while I thought it was good, it didn't seem to have the required garlic, seasonings and oil that I am accustomed to for this dish. The desserts were very good - a true hit! I thought the cappuccino was very good, while another thought it was nothing special. The atmosphere was very good, not loud, and actually felt cozy, so that we could easily carry on a conversation at our table. All in all, even tho the food was a bit on the meh side, special requests were handled with grace, and the service was prompt (even too prompt, leading us to even feel a bit rushed, even tho there were plenty of tables available for other diners). If I could rate this restaurant between average and very good, that is where I would put it, but I bumped it up to very good because of the service; there is nothing worse than waiting forever to have someone take your order or serve your meal, and that was not the case here. I must say, tho, I've never heard of an Italian restaurant that did not have meatballs on the menu (altho the kitchen staff did make them upon request).

2 Thank kbt4me
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I were in Worcester to view a show at the Hanover Theater.

First of all, the atmosphere was delightful. No bright lights, just dark enough - perfect for a nice romantic Italian dinner before the show.

We could not have had a better waitress, perfect service and extra pleasant and helpful. We had the Veal Parm. It was as good if not better that our favorite Italian restaurants in Boston's North End. If you know the North End, you can appreciate this comment.

A memorable and wonderful evening. We wish that it were closer to Boston.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Allan M
Worcester, Massachusetts
“wonderful luncheon”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nuovo is the kind of restaurant that you love to tell friends about. The food is excellent, fresh, tasty and pleasing to the eye without being too fussy. Loretta and her staff are friendly, courteous and accommodating. I've visited Nuovo on numerous occasions and its always been a pleasurable experience.

• Visited December 2013