“Really Good”

Blanchard's 101 Diner
Ranked #110 of 574 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Diner, American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Really Good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had breakfast there with my wife and daughter. Plenty of parking. Handicap accessible. Sat right down in a booth, but you could sit at the counter on stools. Friendly wait staff. Small, but very clean and neat inside. Typical diner size, though. Very good food. Had an omelet which came with toast, and the toast was sliced Italian bread, which was a nice touch (better than plain sliced white "Wonder" bread). No complaints at all. You'll like it!

• Visited May 2014

Worcester, Massachusetts
“THE Diner”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

If you are looking for a quintessential Diner experience, you've found it. Not a huge menu, you won't find Shoo Fly Pie and sixty flavors of pancakes, you will find all your favorites and done well. This place is clean! Read all the other reviews, I ain't lying, it's clean! I got two eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, homefries, and Oj, my girlfriend got a three cheese omelette, homefries, toast, and bottomless cup of coffee, and the bill came to $20. I thought the value was good and the food hit the spot, it's not haut cuisine but its solidly good. We were teased right as we came in the door, it was what I'd want in a Diner if I were to open one, so I'm definitely coming back!
Oh and they have an elevator if you need accessibility.

2 Thank George P
Denver, Colorado
“Cleanest diner I have ever seen!”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Stopped by here on the recommendation of a picky friend. It's a little off the beaten path, not far from Holy Cross College. Large parking lot is under-utilized because they did not paint lines in the center...only on the sides. After that, no complaints! Good food...cooked right in front of you for the most part (some prep in the rear). Cleanest griddle in the universe. Pancakes require an appetite. I ordered a short stack (two) of chocolate chip pancakes and was basically fed for the day. My wife had an egg sandwich on a roll and pronounced it the best she has ever had. Coffee is excellent (a must for a diner). Home fries were tasty, not greasy. Lots of locals, with the chatter you might expect going back and forth across the counter ("Oh! I wouldn't have served you that fast if I knew you were with HIM!"). While we were there, five uniformed Worcester police officers took seats at the counter...usually a good sign for a diner. Can't wait to go back and try lunch. Opens at 6, closes at 2PM except Sunday, when closing time is 1 PM. Get off I-290 and try this gem!

• Visited November 2012
seattle
“A real diner experience in Worcester”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was traveling from Boston to Springfield by car and decided to head out early and have breakfast half way in Worcester. Found Blanchard's and so glad I did. It's a small, friendly, active place with breakfast made in the diner tradition. Home fries are great and your breakfast is cooked to order properly. Worth getting off of the beaten path a bit to find.

• Visited July 2012
Worcester, MA
“great diner with friendly owner and staff”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

101 Diner is a place where they remember your name. Be prepared for a wait on weekend mornings because like any diner car, it's small. However, the counter is comfortable and many of the diner-standards have a twist that makes them special. My favorite is a simple egg and cheese sandwich on amazing homemade italian bread with a side of home fries. Yum.

My only complaint- a few weeks ago I was going to go in for a very quick bit to eat (seriously a cup of coffee and agg) a half hour before their posted closing time. As I walked toward the entrance a waitress rain town the stairs and locked the door when I was about 10 feet away. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but because all my other experiences were fantastic, I will be going back.

• Visited February 2012