“Hidden gem in an unassuming neighborhood.”
Review of Sweet T Southern Kitchen - CLOSED

Sweet T Southern Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Where do I start. Perhaps maybe the decor could be enhanced but that is the ONLY negative I might have about this place. I had heard from a couple of people, rave reviews (especially for the Sunday brunch) but had never made it down there. I decided to try it out tonight with my boyfriend and could not have been happier. When you go to a restaurant, yeah the atmosphere is important but ultimately it's all about the food and this place has got it going on! I had the chicken fried steak (my first time trying it, and surely not my last) and my boyfriend had the chicken fried chicken (I snuck a bite and it was delicious). We had the mashed and gravy, gumbo, greens, and Mac and cheese and ended up ordering more gumbo and mashed to go they were so good (the Mac n cheese was excellent too). I can't recommend this restaurant more and only wish that it was more 'on the map' as it deserves to be. I cannot imagine anybody being disappointed here unless they didn't know what southern cooking was before dining.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We went to this place with friends, one of which is from the deep south. At first I wasn't convinced, and upon walking in I was even more unconvinced. Despite the kind of tacky atmosphere, the food was delicious, and the girl at the counter "I'm not a waitress but I try!" was hilarious and helpful. Right on target. The pulled pork, "we let you sauce it yourself," was literally amazing. I tried the chicken, which was moist and tasty. The veggies and gumbo hit the spot. Wow, who would have thought. I would go here again. Also, the prices were quite a deal.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

driving past on way to business meeting,made a U-turn after noticing the sweet T sign and inviting facade.
Preferring local eats over chains, this hits the spot in every way.
I had the fried chicken breadt with side of jambalaya and refreshing sweet tea soft drink.
do go and enjoy !

Reviewed 19 October 2011

We enjoyed our food and relaxed atmosphere. While this is not a table waited restaurant, the employees were helpful and friendly. The fried boneless chicken breast was juicy, tender and tasty. The mac n cheese was slightly sharp and properly cooked. My companion raved about his corn, mashed potatoes and brown gravy. We sent the baked BBQ chicken wings back to be glazed but when given back they were just right. At first, I thought the sweet tea was a non-brewed mix but was pleasantly surprised that it was brewed and properly sweet. I was tempted by the sweet potato pie but opted for the Buttermilk pie. I've never had buttermilk pie but the sweet custard/cheese cake consistency and taste overruled any desire for sweet potato, and I am a sweet potato pie fanatic. there are several items on the menu I would have liked to try but alas, they were pork or had pork as an ingredient. I would come again and bring a few friends with me. www.sweettworcester.com