“Great deli!”

Weintraub's Jewish Delicatessn
Ranked #70 of 582 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 20 May 2013

An authentic Jewish deli that hasn't changed in years. Go for a pastrami sandwich on a fresh bulkie or rye from across the street. Mustard and pickles on the table. Grab a cream soda and you're good!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

When you want a GREAT sandwich, made the old way, Weintraub's is the place to go. They also sell Jewish & Middle Eastern food. They make the BEST corned beef sandwiches, with a deli pickle on the side !! (:

Reviewed 11 March 2013

A month after moving from NYC I was going through withdrawal from real corned beef and pastrami, then a good friend told me about Weintraub's. Wow! It was like being on the East Side again. This deli is, I am sure, like it has been for years. Even the outside sign gives you a warm feeling. There are great pickles on the table and you can sit and watch as a master sandwich maker works his magic. The pastrami was generous and as pastrami should be on great rye bread. They even had Dr. Browns soda!!!!! Our server was pleasant and attentive. I can't wait to go back!!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I admit, I'm spoiled. I spent my teen years with a lot of real delis in easy reach. I could walk to one, I could take a trolley to a dozen. They ALL had good food, the all had AWESOME half sour pickles. They also had REAL bagels. I do not know what DD is serving, it isn't bagels. When I moved to Worcestefr, Water St was STILL a haven for delis and pickles and all kinds of good food. There's still a lot of food, but it isn't kosher. Where the heck am I supposed to get hommentaschen in the right season?

Weintraubs. I can get the pickles I love, I can get real chopped liver, made the right way. This is not a fancy place. This is a place with the best deli meat, and a hot pastrami sandwich to die for. And they have all my odd favorites, kishke, Cel-ray soda, and those amazing designer sandwiches that were always the hallmark of real delis.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Serving only kosher meats, homemade chicken soup, and my favorite pickles, Weintraub's is a trip back in time. Excellent corned beef, pastrami, or brisket sandwiches. I wouldn't go anywhere else in the area for hard salami, potato knishes, or a well-priced deli sandwich on fresh rye bread. Decor is simple with photos of old-time Worcester. Service is prompt. Draws lots of "regulars." Accessible street parking on historic Water Street.