“Business dinner”

Tweed's Pub Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Spend a week in Worcester and got all walking distance restaurants from my hotel.
Tweed was one of them, good food, good service nothing out of the standard, however the food money ratio I think is good, nice size portion fast and nothing bad about the place. nothing out of extraordinary either but will go back for sure.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Considering we chose this restaurant because we were basically starving, and the satnav said it was the nearest seafood and fish restaurant, we couldn't have had a better outcome!

We stopped for lunch today (Friday 23 May) as we were in the area (we're currently in Massachusetts on business from the UK). The place was pretty busy. I guess it's what the Americans call a typical Irish pub, with the huge bar and stools with punters all the way around and the dining booths off to one side. Televisions everywhere showing various channels, and lots of people milling around, so the atmosphere is pretty good.

The menu is excellent, with a stack of specials on a separate sheet. We chose the lobster roll with fries and coleslaw. Absolutely delicious. Enjoyed every mouthful. Followed with a caramel sundae and a hot fudge sundae. With a beer and diet coke (and taxes) it came to $48.21, which for the amount of lobster we had was a bargain. Of course, tipping adds another 20% (when are the Americans going to start paying their waiting staff a decent wage instead of them relying so heavily on tips? They're supposed to be a civilised nation, and yet they pay their waiting staff a pittance).

The staff were excellent, and the Ladies restroom was very clean. Hope the table of old girls next to us enjoyed their cocktails and lobster pie!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This place is your average pub. Food was good and the prices were very good. I peronally liked the atmoshere, it reminds me of what a good pub should be. It looked like that they have a lot of regulars because staff was talking to a lot of different customers. I would recommend them.

1  Thank XXL2151
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Not a bad place. A little loud from the servers. They scream a lot and fool around. Food is very quick.

1  Thank tim L
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Several Sunday's ago I visited this lovely and comfortable restaurant with two friends'. They had been there and raved about how great it was. I was a bit sceptical, but now I am won over. The food was wonderful. I had the special Turkey dinner and much to my amazement it was real turkey off the bird. The mashed potatoes and squash was real too. So many restaurants' these days for-go using real food so finding this place has made me happy and confident that a few places still use real ingredients'. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants good wholesome, old fashioned comfort food in a friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Catharine B