“Clean, quiet and convenient”

Residence Inn Worcester
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I grew up in the Worcester area and sadly had to quickly return to the area due to the passing of a family member at the nearby UMass Memorial Hospital. Knowing I'd need to be around the area the next day, I went for the closest option and booked a room at the Residence Inn, and I was glad I did. It's set far enough back from the street that traffic noise was no issue, and the place was warm and comforting on a cold night. Service was incredibly friendly from the check-in to the bar service, and the room was incredibly spacious, enough that having three other family members coming to visit for a while never felt cramped like it could in a standard hotel room.

Only beef was the included breakfast buffet. It smelled inviting, but the blandest eggs I've ever had, and they could maybe improve the coffee offering. Minor flaws in what was otherwise a very good hotel experience, on an occasion where I certainly wasn't expecting to be back in town so soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AnyMajorDude

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Four grandparents and one grandchild visited Worcester last weekend for some fun! We loved the Residence Inn. We had the amenities of the breakfast buffet as usual but this location offered more. On Saturday night, they had a movie (Home Alone) and offered free popcorn and other refreshments. We swam several hours in the pool (my grandchild met another child and they had fun playing together). The Residence Inn was close to everything and great restaurants. We visited the Ecotarium and Tower Hill Gardens that were very close. In the lobby, there was a welcoming fireplace and game tables where we played some games that were in the cabinet. There is even a small lobby bar where you can enjoy a drink. Most Residence Inns don't offer all this. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My family recently stayed in a 2 bedroom suite at the Residence Inn in Worcester, Ma. The room was nice and spacious. The room was clean and the pull out coach worked. The beds were not that comfortable. Not the best for us to get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was great and wifi worked well. Not a bad location to WPI and resturantes to eat dinner.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was here with a team trip. I was staying in a 1 bedroom suite. The room was clean and well stocked. I love having the kitchen. I felt comfortable using the plates etc as everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. While the hotel did not have any BBQ's or open bar because of the holiday weekend, we enjoyed hanging out in the lobby with the fireplace. As we needed to leave early each morning, the hotel extended the breakfast to give us the chance to eat each morning. The staff was very helpful with directions and such. The hotel was very close to everything. I would stay here again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have in the past stayed at other extended stay style chains with less than stellar results.
This was my first time at a residence inn and I will never go back to any of the others.

It was such a delight to open the door to an immaculate well appointed kitchen, spacious living area and free wifi. I had a corner room with windows on two sides which was to me an added bonus. Front desk staff were extremely warm and welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This place was perfect for our family; only regret not booking early enough to get a 2 bedroom suite. Great indoor pool and good breakfast. Staff was nice and helpful. Nice fitness center. outdoor ball court for warmer weather. Easy to get to coming from RI and other points south.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was a spacious room, with a good layout. My husband was able to work at either desk. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was above average. The decor could use some updates, however. Otherwise, everything was clean, well-attended and satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family