“Excellent stop-over”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Worcester
Melbourne Australia
“Excellent stop-over”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Found this place through TA. We only stayed one night on way back to Boston from a trip around New England. We thought it was a real find, and far better than we had expected. Spacious, comfortable, clean, quiet, well equipped - with kitchenette, friendly staff. Only a few minutes drive to a street full of restaurants - plenty of recommendations from the hotel. All in all, a great stay and am very happy to recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prahran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
California
Reviewed 13 October 2010

When i pulled up into the driveway of this hotel, it was beautifully landscaped. A gentleman came by walking his Great Dane, he told me that he was staying at the hotel and it was very very pet friendly. I was greeted by the Hotel clerk in a very pleasant and friendly manor. The lobby was very clean and excellently decorated. I needed some directions and the girl printed me a map from mapquest showing me which way to go. They informed me that they offer a complete free breakfast between 6 am to 10 am each morning. In the lobby they had bowls with dog treats in it. There was water bowls strategically placed on the floor on a mat out of the way of the guests for your pet to drink out of. The rooms were very clean, there was a nice clean smell to the room when you would open the door. I liked that. The bedding was very colorful and they had pillows to die for on the beds. This hotel gives you outstanding service and they go outside of the box to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. When I return to Worcester I intend to stay at this hotel again. I would give this hotel a very high rating. By the way the breakfast was good to. They also had dog bones for the pets.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel fit the bill perfectly. One of us had some business to attend to at one of the colleges while the rest of the family took in the Ecotarium science museum. We enjoyed a spacious room with a kitchen. Breakfast was better than expected. We had the pool to ourselves. The pool was nothing special, but made our daughter very happy. Parking was easy, the staff very nice, etc. I've got nothing bad to say and will stay at the Residence Inn again if we go back to Worcester.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Vermont
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Stayed one night for business. Room and hotel very clean. Free parking surrounding the hotel. Free breakfast very good, with eggs, cereal, hot oatmeal, pastries, coffee, tea, milk, bananas etc. In a quiet residential area with lots of trees, but very close to UMass hospital and Shrewsbury. A couple of minor issues for me: fitness room equipment a bit old, needs refurbishment/updating; also only one tv monitor on wall for whole room rather than individual on machines, and had only one recumbent bike and no upright bike which I would have preferred. Other issue was TV in my room: reception kept freezing/breaking up and also I had to press remote several times to change channels (maybe battery no good?) But these are minor issues at most. Bed was ok, a bit soft for me but otherwise my room was very comfortable and spacious and had kitchenette with pots/pans/dishes for those who want to dine in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Returning from a remote camping trip and midway through a long, two-day drive back home, my husband and I were exhausted, hungry and pretty grunged out. After 10 hours' travel the first day, we needed to stop and began looking for a good hotel on our smartphone. After some searching, we found the Residence Inn - it had great reviews and an incredible rate: $118 including breakfast, for a 2.5-room suite with full kitchen and king-size bed. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. There is no restaurant on site, but she provided us with a list of restaurants nearby, a description of the food, phone numbers, average cost per meal, and a map. The room was excellent and spotlessly clean. The bed was one of the best we've ever slept in, the perfect balance of firmess and soft, enveloping comfort. It was blissfully quiet. The hot breakfast offered an ample selection of the usual: pancakes and waffles, eggs and sausage, bagels and other baked goods, cereal, etc. Nothing to rave about, but not skimpy on quality either. The rate we paid was less than other hotels in the area and we are 100% certain we got the best value. Definitely stay here - you are in a nice, quiet neighborhood close to the highway yet within a 15-minute drive of some really good restaurants and downtown nightlife and cultural amenities. I wish we'd had more energy to take advantage of the hotel's location. I wish we could have stayed more than one night!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Spent two nights at the Residence Inn in this city owing to every hotel in the nearby town of Sturbridge being booked owing to a number of special events taking place. I found the hotel quite clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The king sized bed was fantastic and very comfortable, The breakfast buffet was good - although like most buffet's could get very busy depending upon the time you arrive. But food was replenished fairly quickly. The hotel staff were very helpful. We used the pool and found the towel rack in the pool area to be empty. We informed the front desk and within 5 minutes a fresh batch of towels were delivered. The front desk staff were also prepared with directions to the nearest shopping centre and restaurants - an important service given that there is not a lot in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. It was our understanding that they had directions for a number of things travellers to the area might be looking for. Although I do not believe I will back to this city anytime soon, if the occassion arose, I would definitely look to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2010

The hotel is located in a woodsy area on the eastern edge of town. Restaurants and food are available, either about a mile north (drive under the interstate and turn left) or about a mile south (turn left onto route 9 and cross the river). My room was very large and pleasant. I was glad that I had looked at the hotel floor plan before leaving the room, because it was not intuitive how to find the office, and in the hallway I came across one other guest who said she had been trying to go there. A kind staff member offered to direct us, seeing that we were unsure.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business