“A Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Rochester, New York
“A Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Hotel is right next to the DCU center an in walking distance to several restaurants. There isn’t the typical HGI bar/restaurant in the hotel because there is a Pizzeria Uno’s attached. The Uno’s does do room service if you like that kind of thing. The hotel has a full breakfast service in the mornings which they do very well. The staff is very friendly and they make an excellent omelet.
The rooms are standard size with nice furnishings and include a refrigerator and flat screen. The internet service works well and beds are comfortable and as you would expect with a Hilton – very clean.
My only knock is with the rate. In the past year they have significant increased their nightly rate. I guess there aren’t that many options when staying downtown Worcester and they know it. Driving in from Auburn MA could save you $80 ~ $90 a night.

Room Tip: Street side may be quieter than alley side due to early morning trash pickup.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally thank you for choosing us and I want to invite you back whenever you are travelling to the Worcester area. It was a pleasure serving you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a really large Hilton Garden Inn. Overall, the building is great, the people are extremely friendly, and the location is perfect. The only downside is that parking is in a garage across the street for around $9/day.

The rooms are standard, but the bed was really comfortable. I was in a suite on the top floor that overlooked the parking garage. It wasn't that bad since I was over the garage, and I got to see the sunrise in the morning. The suite also had a lot of cabinets, a refrigerator, and a microwave, plus a sitting area with a couch with a pull out bed.

My only complaint is that I didn't know how to use the TV. When I stayed there the week before in a different, the cable worked fine. This time, it wouldn't go past any of the hotel information channels. I asked the front desk to fix it, and I still had the same problem. I didn't care at that point since I need to stop watching so much TV.

The breakfast in the morning was really nice. Again, everyone was friendly. There was a continental selection with a hot food option. There were many places to sit, which helped because it was crowded.

My coworkers stayed at other hotels in the area, and it seemed like this was the best hotel after talking to them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Albany, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here 2 nights with my friends to attend 2 Pearl Jam shows at the DCU Center. Downtown Worcester may be a complete dump, but this hotel was one of the best I’ve ever stayed in. I really loved this place. I’ll start off by saying I’m a Hilton HHonors member and I got a great rate by booking through the Hilton Family MVP site, which can discount rates by up to 20%. This doesn’t work on all Hilton Hotels, so check the location first. Upon check-in, we were offered a complimentary water, beer or wine, so we grabbed some waters for the next morning. It’s nothing special, but it gets you started off on the right foot right and makes the customer immediately feel welcome. Great touch. The girl who checked us in was also super friendly and was very pleasant to talk to. We even saw a guy who I think was the maintenance man on the elevator later that night who asked us how our stay was and said if we need anything to just let them know. This was the maintenance guy! You can barely get front end staff to do that at hotels! You can tell the general manager must be a great leader who breeds positivity and success down the chain of command.

The location of this hotel is amazing for going to the DCU Center, since it’s right across the side street. Parking is across the front street in a parking garage. Parking is $9.95/night, but we never got charged for our cars when we validated our tickets, so I’m not sure what happened there, but that made the trip even better since I hate paying for parking. The lobby is very large and has a large area for breakfast, although it’s kind of expensive. You need to use a key card to use the bathroom in the lobby, so maybe they’ve had some problems in the past with non guests entering the building, but I never felt security was an issue. The elevators were modern, fast and smooth.

Our room was very big and very clean. The furniture had a nice wood finish and there was a chair with a small stand, a desk with a chair, a 32” Philips flat screen HDTV, a refrigerator and a microwave. There was a modern alarm clock with an Aux line-in for mp3 players. The bed was very comfortable and I have to compliment the normal size pillows that were very comfortable. I don’t know why some chains are moving toward the smaller pillows, but they are terrible to sleep on. The bathroom was also pretty big and very clean and had some nice sample size amenities. The shower head was at the correct pressure and height in my opinion, which again, most hotels can’t seem to get right. The only negative is that the fan was very weak, so be prepared for the mirror to be fogged up for a while after taking a shower.

The hotel offered free Wi-Fi that worked as expected. There’s a Pizzeria Uno attached to the hotel, which was great for grabbing some food before and after the concerts since there’s not much else in the immediate area. I believe they will also deliver to your room if you want. I loved my stay here and will definitely stay here again next time I visit the Woo.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have recently spent an evening here at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester. I arrived at the Worcester Regional airport and a cab costs about $20 and takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The next day I used Boston Logan and a shared ride shuttle by Knight's Limo costs about $55, but very reliable and better than Super Shuttle. The front desk staffs are very friendly and helpful throughout the stay. If you are a HHonors Gold or diamond member, please remember to pick up your complimentary bottled waters with the front desk. As all HGI properties in the US, there is a business center with two computers allowing complimentary internet access and printing service. Internet is free in the hotel as well, and the speed is acceptable. The room itself is a bit on the small side but typical of east coast cities. The rooms looks up to date with a comfortable bed, new furnitures and a functional bathroom. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, which is a chain one. It serves American Italian food with a bar. It is nothing extraordinary but nice enough for a drink or an early dinner. In conclusion, it is a nice stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Madison, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Meet a very friendly and truly sincere and compassionate manager during my check-in and stay at Hilton Garden Inn in Worcester, MA. I became ill during my flight to Worcester and arrive at the hotel not feeling well and hungry, the manager show empathy for me state at the time and arrange to pay for taxi to transport me to my dining destination. I truly appreciated his kind words, reccommendations, and compassion!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are travelling to the Worcester area. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Basel, Schweiz
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel is easily accessible via the motorway. And is an acceptable distance to the rather very expensive location in Boston. The carparking options are good, if somewhat problematic on the other side of the street. The inside restaurant "UNO" but does it well again.
Price performance is very good. Recommend for a overnight stay before or after the Boston logan Airport

Room Tip: Ask for free car parking
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are travelling to the Worcester area. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found it a convenient location.
Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had not typically used the Hilton Garden Inn brand based on where my travels take me or do to the variety of options available, but i was quite impressed with my visit at the Hilton Garden Inn in Worcester. the Manager was having a welcome reception for Guests which was a nice touch after a long day of travelling and working. Place was very clean and well lit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are travelling to the Worcester area. It was a pleasure having you as one of our guests.