“Very friendly!”

Hilton Garden Inn Worcester
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is what one should expect from this chain. Standard, clean, efficient, free wifi, etc, etc. it is all those things and a little bit more.

Rarely have I had a friendlier person check me into a hotel than the gentleman here. Courteous, but also very friendly to me and my whole family.

After a very long day driving it is those little things that make a trip.

Thanks for making ours nice!

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014

On an overnight after having a flight cancelled, I stayed here. The front desk staff could not have been any more accommodating. All details handled well and with smiles. The room is clean, I feel safe, and the WiFi is free. YAY!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcy S
Reviewed 9 August 2014

As an athletic competitor found the accommodations first rate- bed was extremely comfortable after a full days competition on the athletic field. The breakfast staff extremely helpful in supplying us with enough food for our 2nd day for a very early departure to our competitions by taking enough fruit ,pastry, cereal, milk to put in our room refrigerator

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our stay during the National Throws Pentathlon was excellent. The room very clean and comfortable. The location was close to Holy Cross were out meet was held. I would definitely recommend a stay at this Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larry R
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After an exceptional day of travel, two cities, I received a warm and welcoming greeting. Swift processing and a little something for my troubles. Breakfast service was friendly and professional. Convenient location. City noise.

1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I travel about 25% of the year for business and stay in hotels quite a bit (2-7 nights per month) This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would not ever go back, I would never recommend it to anyone else, and if this had been my first experience with the Hilton brand would never set foot in a Hilton property again. When I checked in the front desk staff was rude and more concerned with their phone calls and personal conversations as opposed to checking in a guest. I am a silver member and was not given my water upon check in. I received my keys and went to my room, which was right by the elevator on the 5th floor (I had not asked to be in a room away from the elevator before so this wasn’t the hotel’s fault). I went back down and asked to be moved to a room not near the elevator, and was put on the 4th floor. It was a different front desk agent who helped me with this, and he was very friendly. Also provided me with a $5.00 voucher for the pantry for the inconvenience (which was very nice). I still was not given my water. I went up to the 4th floor to find 2 housekeepers sitting on the floor at the end of the hall with their shoes off chatting and looking out the window. I went to my room. The room was nice and very clean. I organized myself a bit (just over 10 minutes) and went down to move my car to the parking garage. The housekeepers were still sitting on the floor in the hallway and had not moved. I returned from moving my car, got my parking pass validated and went back to my room (this took about 20 minutes total). When I went back to my room, the housekeepers were still sitting on the floor at the end of the hall with their shoes off, looking out the window and chatting. I went to my room, did some work, made dinner reservations and left almost an hour later. At this time, one housekeeper had gotten up and was starting to clean a room. The other one was still sitting on the floor with her shoes off and playing with something (maybe a cell phone?). I went to the desk and informed them the housekeeping staff had been sitting there for about 2 hours. He seemed shocked, and said he would take care of it. There was a line of people waiting to check in (the girl who was back there had disappeared again – she wasn’t behind the desk much that I saw).

When I woke up in the morning, my bill had not been placed under my door. I had to go to the desk and ask for it. When I explained the entire situation of the stay the clerk (who was not friendly in any way) said she would take the parking off my bill. This would do nothing for me as I was travelling for business. Also, she never took this charge off and handed my bill to me.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else