“Amazing Tapas - A Gem in Worcester”
Review of Bocado

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grafton
Vernon, Connecticut
“Amazing Tapas - A Gem in Worcester”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I don't write a lot of reviews, but this place requires one. We met up with our son at Bocado for dinner on a Friday night - halfway between his college in Massachusetts and our house in Connecticut. We made reservations for 6:00, requested a booth and were seated at a cozy comfy booth (complete with pillows =] ) to dine. They offer the Bocado Experience for 2, 4, 6-8, etc. Our waiter was excellent and said for 3 people the Experience for 2 would be plenty of food. He was right! For $75 we got 6 tapas, a huge plate of paella and dessert. There are so many tapas to choose from and a variety of paella dishes as well. They also have monthly offerings on the big chalk boards on the walls. We sent our son back to his college with the majority of the paella - there is only so much a person can eat! Topped off the evening with excellent coffee and cappuccino. Bocado will definitely become a meeting at the halfway mark for us! I am noting this visit as "Family" since it was family and our son is 19. Not sure how it would fare with younger kids, but it's a great place for anyone who is adventurous in trying new foods.

Nashua NH
“Great find in Worcester!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

So glad I checked Tripadvisor and found out about this restaurant. We recently needed to stay in Worcester on a Saturday night, and this was a great choice for dinner. The menu has many traditional tapas items, but also had some more "modern/world" choices, like small kobe burgers.

We had a great waiter who took the time to explain the menu, as well as the two ways to dine. Of course you can order any number of the traditional tapas dishes, but you could also do a prixe fixe type option. They offered an option for $75 for 2 people and we were able to pick quite a number of dishes off the menu. We were 3 people, but the waiter advised it would be more than enough food. He wasn't kidding, we actually wrapped up half of a large paella dish to go!

While Tapas style restaurants can be pricey, we found this to be a relative bargain, and the dishes were quite tasty. The food was very good and enjoyable. Combine that with the good service, and nice atmosphere and I think you will find this to be a solid choice if in Worcester.

Boston
“Good experience trying a bit of this and that”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This restaurant is a good find. I sat and the bar and enjoyed a sampling of their menu. I had a number of dishes each with its own unique offering and style. The restaurant is nice and I enjoyed the bar and the bar tenders. I would go again.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My life long friend and our husbands have met here the past two Januarys to celebrate our birthdays! I was born and raised in Worcester, as was my friend. She now lives in a Worcester suburb and I live in CT. We came upon Bocado's through her love for the restaurant. And she is on point! The decor is warm, inviting and sophisticated. Lots of wood and great lighting. However, the amazing food, sangria (I suggest the mango!) and service is what brings this Worcester establishment to forefront; not only in Worcester proper, but the greater Boston area!

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Excellent Tapas Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Tapas restaurants can be a little confusing if you haven't been there before. This did not happen to us at Bocado's. Our waiter was Bryan and he was excellent. Very helpful, courteous and funny. He helped steer us to the type of food we wanted. We had a lovely meal, did not feel rushed and the price was right. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013