“Fun and delicious food!”

Smokestack Urban Barbecue
Ranked #12 of 570 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Holden, Massachusetts
“Fun and delicious food!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times. Service is always good, food is always great and atmosphere is always a buzz. Great burgers, sandwiches, and ribs! Save room for desert the redneck sundae is to die for....
The restaurant is very busy especially on weekends so going early or later is good. They do not take reservations for parties smaller than 6.

• Visited August 2014

Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Under par”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

First, the positive...the drinks were good. I had the frozen raspberry lemonade that was yummy. The root beer and smuttynose IPA were good. We ordered the BBQ Mac and cheese for an app that came out luke warm and bland. The Reuben was tasty, but the flavor of the brisket was lost and dry. The fries came out cold and limp. The combo platter was just okay. Brisket was dry, the pulled pork was not as good as I get frozen. The cornbread would have been better warm. Our server was inattentive and slow. We didn't even bother with dessert.

Visited July 2014
Boston, MA
“Excellent BBQ”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Granted, Worcester isn't exactly a BBQ mecca. But, Smokestack does a great job of creating a relaxed, yet fun atmosphere while serving up some pretty darn good food. I've enjoyed all of the smoked meats here (ribs, pulled pork, brisket, chicken). The smoke flavor was strong, but balanced. The texture was great -- tender, without being mushy. The sides are good, but that's not really the reason you're there. The one knock I would give Smokestack is on their sauces. I'm not a huge fan of their bbq sauces. But, I enjoy their dry rubs enough that I don't really need the sauce.

Along with their excellent bbq, Smokestack also has a well-stocked bar with a number of great beers on tap. I always have difficulty picking a drink as there are usually 3 or 4 beers that I want to try.

Smokestack is a great addition to the Worcester restaurant scene. I'm thrilled to have a really good BBQ restaurant so close to home.

Boston
“Worcester BBQ not too shabby!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Second time at the Smokestack and both times I said after the meal why don't I come here more often? The prices are right the portions are huge and the food is great. I had the Pull Pork dinner and not only was the pulled pork tender and great but there was just no way I was finishing the meal without taking some home.

I'll be back sooner this time!

BTW the other half ordered a side of sweet potatoes fries and they were excellent!

Dedham, Massachusetts, United States
“Great BBQ Lunch in Worcester”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a road race in Worcester and we were looking for a quick bite. I could smell this place from a mile away. It was hot, so we opted for a quick bite and some apps. The beef brisket Reuben was a great twist on a classic. Hot BBQ seasoned potato chips with a great dip was great. Even my son's Angus Kids Burger looked and tasted great. Really thin crunchy fries were good. The fried pickles were sweet pickles with a spicy sauce. Nice twist on something that everyone seems to be making now. Really good beer selection with a knowledgeable server too. Will definitely make it a point to stop in again after my race next year. Loved the T shirts too