“Great lunch for meat lovers and vegan” 5 of 5 bubbles

Evo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Healthy
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: EVO Dining opened its doors in 2008 on the corner of Park Avenue and Chandler Streets in Worcester MA. Home of Worcester's Best Chef 2013 Voted Worcester’s Best Overall Restaurant 2012Also named Best Vegan & Organic Food & Best Place to Be Seen by Worcester Living Magazine. Worcester Restaurant, EVO Dining offers health conscious menu options to please an array of tastes.The casual fine dining menu features award winning cuisine prepared with only the freshest natural and organic ingredients. To please steak lovers, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests alike, menu items include signature sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and flavorful entrees. Breakfast and Brunch are served on weekends, and catering options include party platters fit for easy entertaining. A full bar complete with fresh wine selections, drafts, and delicious cocktails make this the perfect place to experience the evolution in dining.
WORCESTER
“Great lunch for meat lovers and vegan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stopped for a late lunch - two meat eaters and a vegan. Evo satisfied all of us.

For the meat lovers, we quickly decided to split to sandwiches: A BBQ chicken and bacon sandwich on foccacia with fries and an Asian beef on foccacia with snow peas. With some guidance from the waitress, our vegan companian chose the Da Vinci vegan pizza on a wheat crust with vegetables and vegan cheese.

While the dishes were not inexpensive, the quality and portions were excellent. We all enjoyed our dishes and the server was able to offer a lot of advice.

• Visited September 2012

Worcester, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Let's face it Worcester is lacking on the healthy and local food front. There aren't that many that cater to allergies as well. But I like this place because my husband can get a grass-fed burger my daughter can get a whole wheat pita pizza and i can get vegetarian soup, salads and sandwiches. If you are looking for a great place to eat vegetarian this is it. I do think it's a shame that they wasted the space in living earth for a classy restaurant but at least it's somewhere i will eat.

• Visited June 2012
Worcester, MA
“Delicious organic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a great restaurant that uses ingredients from the food co-op next door. I went there for a business dinner and everything was fabulous. I especially like that you can get half-portions of the entrees at dinner. Really top notch organic food at a great price! There's lots for vegetarians and vegans as well.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank HappyCamper613
Sturbridge
“Not that Great - Ehh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We decided to eat healthy this evening so I suggested EVO! Although everyone was pleasant it seemed as if the staff seemed to be very concerned with their side work as my meal waited for a couple of minutes before it was delivered. I was sitting near the window, so I was staring at it. It's not a big place - Hello, someone notice? Chef- tell someone to get her?

I had the Fatoush Salad once before. It was salty, yet bland? Must have missed the mint and lemon I've had it once before when they first opened and it was GREAT! Not so, this time. My companion had a chicken an rice soup - Good but nothing we couldn't make. She also had a chicken and bean Quesidilla. It was good.

We ordered a Hot fudge sundae - we mentioned we were craving a sundae. I thought the waitress might have warned us about the dairy part as it came with "Dairy-free" Chocolate - Yuck! I'm usually one for trying new things but this stuff was gross. I'll try it again, I guess.

• Visited April 2012
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Poor Service, Dirty Glass”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Went on a Saturday for breakfast. We were seated immediately, but things went downhill after that. Did we get a waitress in training? Was the kitchen staff not able to expedite our orders in an organized fashion?

Before our meals came, our drinks were brought to our table. When the first entree came out, my husband had drunk most of my glass of water. I asked the waitress to bring us a glass for him, showing her how he had almost emptied my glass. You would think that she would have refilled my glass, but she didn't. When she came back with a glass for him, she immediately took off.

There were 5 of us, and our items were brought to our tables at different times. The person to receive her item first, waited, but we told her to get started since it looked like it was going to be a while before we got the rest of the meals. The next entree came out about 10-15 minutes later, then another 5 minutes for the next item. The fourth person waited another five minutes, and the last person waited another five minutes after the fourth person received their entree.

When my order of french toast arrived, the waitress disappeared without bringing me the syrup. I had to wait until the next order was brought to our table, which was pancakes, and that came out without the syrup too. I waited over 5 minutes, the french toast getting cold. I never received the whipped cream that was supposed to come with the french toast, and the berries were soggy--not fresh or succulent.

To make matters worse, one of the glasses was dirty. While drinking his drink, our son realized he had been drinking from a dirty glass. When we mentioned it, we were told they were having a problem with their new dish washer, and this was happening a lot. Yuck. The milk was not removed from our tab.

Never again will I visit Evo!!!

• Visited May 2012