“Trendy, lively place with great food”
Review of Evo - CLOSED

Evo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: EVO Dining opened its doors in 2008 on the corner of Park Avenue and Chandler Streets in Worcester MA. Home of Worcester's Best Chef 2013 Voted Worcester’s Best Overall Restaurant 2012Also named Best Vegan & Organic Food & Best Place to Be Seen by Worcester Living Magazine. Worcester Restaurant, EVO Dining offers health conscious menu options to please an array of tastes.The casual fine dining menu features award winning cuisine prepared with only the freshest natural and organic ingredients. To please steak lovers, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests alike, menu items include signature sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and flavorful entrees. Breakfast and Brunch are served on weekends, and catering options include party platters fit for easy entertaining. A full bar complete with fresh wine selections, drafts, and delicious cocktails make this the perfect place to experience the evolution in dining.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went for a graduation dinner and although the place was filled and there was a waiting line, they got us to the bar very quickly. Waiting at the bar where we got pretty good service made everything alright.
In spite of the crowd we got very attentive service from the waitress. The hard part was selecting from the long 'starters' menu. We shared the Calamari Fire Fries (with fired jalapenos), Black and Tan onion rings and Lobster Rangoon. They were all delicious and the portions were huge.
Our group ordered from most of the menu categories; pizza, salads, mac & cheese and seafood. The clam chowder was packed with clam meat... the best I have ever had.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Lots of different lunch options here - not just vegetarian. Interesting drink specials. I liked that you could get something besides fries with your sandwich. However the fries we did get were not hot enough. The salads come in different sizes which is a nice option. Loved the bubble wall behind the bar and the fish tank. I would go back again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meals at Evo. Salads (baby spinach; also, mozzarella, tomato, and basil with a sweet balsamic glaze) were very fresh and tasty, as was the beer ale crust pizza with assorted veggies. We probably could have stopped there, but we indulged in a special cherry chip ice cream dessert that also was delicious.

Even on a Saturday night, service was attentive without being overbearing -- we got to linger for quite a while over conversation and dessert without being hassled to clear out.

This is a very relaxed and casual place with an amazingly extensive menu, and we'd gladly return sometime when we're back in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very funky feel to the place. The menu is eclectic and includes offerings for gluten free. They have a full bar and decent wine list. The food has distinct twists which make them interesting and delicious.
EVO is worth the trip. Make reservations on weekend nights so you won't have to wait.

1  Thank LUBY3298
Reviewed 17 April 2014

These have the customer service skills of a freaking crappy Green Street bar. Or maybe worse.

I tried to order a bottle of wine here - I'm 26 - and they wouldn't serve me. Fine - I get it - I'm from Connecticut, so I don't deserve your Massachusetts wine. I didn't have a back-up photo ID because.. WHO TRAVELS BETWEEN STATES WITH THEIR PASSPORT.. but whatever.

You could have made an ATTEMPT at making me happy. I politely said, "I guess we will go then," when I was told I couldn't be served. Instead of thinking on your feet like the customer service biz you should be, your manager was too lazy to even come talk to me.

I know you see a lot of customers every day, but keep treating them like crap and you won't.

Freaking comping me an app or dessert would've made me happy. Or saying you'd take care of me if I came back sometime with my passport. Just giving a crap in general.

PS: Been served by their brunch staff a bazillion times. (Bloody marys are ok here.) I guess you need to give them the memo that you now function like a fascist bro bar.

1  Thank DanielleLambert